Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/25/2021 1:37:10 PM EDT
A Hampton County, South Carolina family is grieving the loss of their 6-year-old son who was mauled to death by a pit bull this week.

According to the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office, a 6-year-old boy was attacked by a pit bull in Brunson, South Carolina around 2 p.m. Wednesday.

By the time deputies arrived on scene, the child was already dead.

Officials said Hampton County Animal Control took the dog and euthanized it after the attack.

On Wednesday night, child’s mother posted a heartbreaking video on Facebook.

In the video, she said that her son was attacked by a pitbull that had been abandoned and she was trying to find a home for.

“I was an advocate supporter for pit bull… and what happened today happened so fast there was nothing anyone could do,” the mother said between tears.

She said that the family is requesting space at this time.

“We are going through the hardest thing of our lives right now,” she said. “It does not even feel real that we will wake up tomorrow and our son won’t be here.”

Per South Carolina law for any child death in the state, the South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is investigating the case.

Just days before the attack, the Hampton County mother posted a photo of the pit bull (shown at the top of this article) to see if anyone wanted to adopt the dog, which appeared to be purposely abandoned by its previous owners. In the post, she indicated that the dog appeared to be good around children and was not aggressive from what she could tell.

“Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982,” a 2014 TIME magazine article said.

However, pit bull supporters feel the dogs are judged unfairly by society.

“It really boils down to being responsible owners,” American Pit Bull Foundation founder Sara Enos told TIME Magazine. “Any dog from any breed can be aggressive, it matters how it’s treated.”

Link
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Why didn't mom or dad attack the fucking dog?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
“I was an advocate supporter for pit bull… and what happened today happened so fast there was nothing anyone could do,” the mother said between tears.
View Quote

which is why many people wont have a pitbull as a pet. when they go bad, it usually ends HORRIFICALLY. as they are very powerful dogs.

according to arfcoms pitbull lovers.. pitbulls are always tempered like a beagle. probably JUST a misunderstanding.    she should give the dog the benefit of the doubt and keep it and have another baby. probably work out great as a family pet the second time around.

seriously though.. fuck pitbulls.

this is terrible and tragic though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
awwww. duh widdle fuah baby.....

People are fucking stupid and often the defenseless and innocent pay the price.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone notice it is almost always women defending the pit bull breed?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me, or does no one seem to do anything during the attacks with these dogs?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the dog, which appeared to be purposely abandoned by its previous owners.
View Quote

Possibly because it eats children.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Tragic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the dog, which appeared to be purposely abandoned by its previous owners.

Often times, I eat abandoned food, wear abandoned clothing, sleep in abandoned beds, take abandoned medicine, so.... abandoned attack dogs should be fine, too.... Right?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet the kid antagonized it
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#10]
i know a guy who had one.

it snapped and bit his 5 year old daughters face drawing blood.  and snapped and tried to bite his kids and visitors several other times before that. he kept making excuses for it, refused to get rid of it, " cause its a big sweety "  but finally pressure from family got him to relocate it to another  family members home who had no little kids.

( dog snapped and tried to bite him a month later and he put it down )
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

So the kid did what kids do and the rescue pit bull did what rescue pit bulls do.

Case closed, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw the a article the other day about it but they did not give the info on the dog not that they really needed to. Every time they do a local pet shelter thing on the news  they show them to give away. Wonder why they wind up with so many of them at the shelter. One in the local news here year or so ago where a family adopted one of the rescue ones from the shelter. Bit up their son bad in short order.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Pitbulls have killed more children in this country than AR15's.  Why don't liberals ban those instead of "assault weapons"
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

really doesnt matter.

iv got a bassett / corgi / beagle mix and the grandkids could do pretty much anything to her and she will just take it. ( im talking playing, wrestling, running, etc , not actual abuse)  she loves kids more than almost anything else and absolutely will not bite at all as far as i can tell, she wont even act aggressive, except to tresspassing neighborhood dogs.. i think she would bite to protect one of the kids, but barring that, shes no danger. which is the perfect family dog to have around little kids. i would not even consider having any dog that was less family oriented, its just too great of a risk.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Shitty dogs and shitty parents. That kid deserved better
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only thing they had was harsh language?  Poor kid
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]
An abandoned pit bull should be a big fucking clue. Sorry the little guy had fucking idiots for parents.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Why on earth would you bring a stray Pitbull into your home with a child?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]
“It really boils down to being responsible owners,” American Pit Bull Foundation founder Sara Enos told TIME Magazine. “Any dog from any breed can be aggressive, it matters how it’s treated.”

Guess the child was an irresponsible owner.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#20]
So you're telling me they are a minority that is responsible for a majority of homicides, a disproportionate amount?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#21]
What kind of trashy ass drama whore makes a facebook video about her kids death when her choices completely lead to it?  Oh yeah, the kind of ghetto gutter trash that tries to save these things.  Here's a clue lady, the damn thing was abandoned for a reason.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

...“Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982,” a 2014 TIME magazine article said.

However, pit bull supporters feel the dogs are judged unfairly by society....

Link
View Quote

Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It really boils down to being responsible owners,” American Pit Bull Foundation founder Sara Enos told TIME Magazine. “Any dog from any breed can be aggressive, it matters how it’s treated.”

View Quote

All the way up the line they keep beating that same tune.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

ODA loop.  By the time they realized what was happening, accepted that the dog was mauling their kid, decided what they needed to do and started to act - it was over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So you're telling me they are a minority that is responsible for a majority of homicides, a disproportionate amount?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Pit bulls are little people in fur coats...

Thank God this woman was an advocate for them!

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course. And it is a tantamount admission that pits shouldn’t be adopted because there is no way to check the dog’s history.

Best thing for a pit is a 40 grain down the ear canal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Kids don't have to antagonize a dog to be attacked. Have twice seen a dog attack playing children that were no were near the animal. One was  a large poodle and the other a sheperd. both time they ran up to the kids and started jumping and lunging for the face.  Have seen ordinary neighborhood dogs get out and group up an attack people walking down the road.

Lived in a small town once and a pack of dogs came through the residential neighborhood just looking for something to attack. Decent size dog came out of a yard looking to join the pack but they decided he didn't fit in so they attacked that dog and bit one of his back legs off. If there had been any kids out no telling what may have happened because when I called the local police about the dog pack in the neighborhood all I got was 'people around here handle dog problems themselves".
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#29]
“Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982,” a 2014 TIME magazine article said

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Not defending these ghetto rats dogs,but all dogs can be unpredictable.  My Siberian Husky , last year, was with me while i was in my cul de sac. He was on a leash, regular one, not the dimb ass ones that reel out 100 ft of leash..

My neighbor walked by with his dog, these dogs were play mates for 10 years btw, and my Husky just grabbed it by the neck and took him down to the ground in seconds...neither of us could interviene and save the other dog, mine simply took the beating and held on until he knew the dog was dead.

That was a fun Saturday morning..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or tried to run away.  Running away will (sometimes) trigger a predatory response.

Sad, i hate stories like this. Poor kid.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most problems in this country are exacerbated because people refuse to even acknowledge there's a problem.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What kind of trashy ass drama whore makes a facebook video about her kids death when her choices completely lead to it?  Oh yeah, the kind of ghetto gutter trash that tries to save these things.  Here's a clue lady, the damn thing was abandoned for a reason.
View Quote

this.

no one could have possibly forseen a random large stray dog being dangerous to small kids, or prevented this tragedy... well, except for almost anyone with a lick of sense.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It really boils down to being responsible owners,” American Pit Bull Foundation founder Sara Enos told TIME Magazine. “Any dog from any breed can be aggressive, it matters how it’s treated.”

In a way it's true. The owners are scum or ignorant most of the time. I'm sure there are owners who have had a high drive dog before and are wise, but it's still a fighting dog with fighting instincts just like my lab wants to swim and retrieve.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#35]
RIP kiddo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
“Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982,” a 2014 TIME magazine article said

View Quote

Lol I think I've seen those numbers before... too bad ar15.woke is too politically correct for us to discuss this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same reason single white women bring in violent felons.  Because they're dumb and attracted to violence.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not defending these ghetto rats dogs,but all dogs can be unpredictable.  My Siberian Husky , last year, was with me while i was in my cul de sac. He was on a leash, regular one, not the dimb ass ones that reel out 100 ft of leash..

My neighbor walked by with his dog, these dogs were play mates for 10 years btw, and my Husky just grabbed it by the neck and took him down to the ground in seconds...neither of us could interviene and save the other dog, mine simply took the beating and held on until he knew the dog was dead.

View Quote

Wow so hopefully you never have a dog again.

"Neither of us could intervene" - what an excuse.

And a Husky in Florida wtf were you thinking in the first place? You'll probably get a short hair pointer and keep it in an apartment next.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Responsible pit owners use 00 buck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

How long after this incident, did you have the Huskey put down?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I mean, you can bash on the breed all you want, but I think the smooth-brain move by the boy's parents was taking in an abandoned dog.

Dogs that have been abandoned usually have suffered previous abuse or are temperamental due to separation anxiety. Not exactly the best idea to bring one in like that to a home with a child, much less an abandoned pit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Terrible!  

Pitbulls are useless, piece of shit dogs for trash people.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you call a dog breed a "ghetto rat" but you can't be bothered to control your dog, especially a longhair that you were foolish enough to own in godforsaken Florida.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#44]
“Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982,” a 2014 TIME magazine article said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

When you call a dog breed a "ghetto rat" but you can't be bothered to control your dog, especially a longhair that you were foolish enough to own in godforsaken Florida.
View Quote

Deleted.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

D  E  S  P  I  T  E
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I verified 000 works, too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#48]
I guess euthanizing the mom is not an option?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought 9mm was the go to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Same reason single white women bring in violent felons.  Because they're dumb and attracted to violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its EXCITING !

Then when shit goes sideways they want to cry about how no one could have possibly seen it ended like it did, they just want to find a " good man".   ( except they dont, their only attracted to drama and excitment.  so they will do that same shit over and over while racking up new kids and the same repeat problems etc. )
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top