Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 6:51:57 AM EDT
....again on inauguration day.  The New York Stock exchange opens at 10AM and very shortly thereafter I intend to sell every share of stock I own as a vote of no confidence in the new regime.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
....again on inauguration day.  The New York Stock exchange opens at 10AM and very shortly thereafter I intend to sell every share of stock I own as a vote of no confidence in the new regime.
View Quote

Probably not a smart move if you like money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are definitely putting your money where your moulth is.
I have a great deal of respect for your actions sir.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
dont hurt yourself in protest that wont do anything.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Just a matter of perspective:

If the market declines, it will be a genius move.

If the market climbs, it will not be a smart move.

If 5000 other folks decide to sell also, where will the bottom of the market be?  and who will notice?  Or care?

I have decided to cast this vote as a political move come what may.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The market is in a tight spot. On the one hand, safe to assume Biden will spray money like a fire hose at them.

On the other, every chance they get they talk about wealth tax, capital gains tax, unrealized profit tax, tax, tax, tax

We're still in the pump, dump is pending legislation
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#7]
That will be noticed by the total number of people that read this thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I don’t think they care.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#9]
One on hand you're looking at inflation , money printing, and tech stock booms on the other hand there is most likely a global recession coming, death to mfg, and higher taxes.

Being in cash is a mistake you need to readjust . I'm looking at defense stocks, shipping, tech and pms
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#10]
That's good. Making emotionally based decisions with financial assets will in no way backfire
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Go get ‘em OP
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That'll show em
View Quote

Yup yup.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Your 5 dollars of Hormell stock will be missed...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

10am?  

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

10am?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10am?  

He must be between time zones. Like right between eastern and central.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The market is cyclical, it goes up to OMG record high levels, then comes back down a bit and floats along kind of parallel for a good while, then at some point it crashes to OMG record lows, but people can't stay out. The show must go on they come back in.

IF it crashes  or really drops and I hope it doesn't I will look at it as a buying opp as I have in the past and buy things I think will come back.

Nothing is guaranteed, all I can do is try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top