Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 8:03:17 PM EDT
1) That STUPID gimmick of flinching the camera while people are talking to each other. It was stupid, annoying and utterly unwatchable 10 years ago when NYPD Blue first did it and now it's stupid, annoying, utterly unwatchable and HACKNEYED!!!

2) The dialogue is so imbecilic and puddle-deep. Whoever wrote the script was probably just hired off the Nickelodeon channel.

3) PC/stereotypical characters - the female scientist who knows everything vs the evil stubborn white male politician who we all know will be proven wrong and end up dooming millions because of it.

4) Did I mention those STUPID "oh-so-edgy-and-rough" twitching-camera tricks?

Okay, so it's been an hour now.

By the time it's over I guess I'll find 6.5 more reasons to hate "10.5".

EDIT: #5) AMANDA. Shut that fucking ditsy-whiney, brittney-wannabe-bitch UP already!!!  Holy SHIT puhLEESE stuff a sock down her throat and kick her ass out of the truck already!

EDIT: #6) Real-time digital Richter scale counter?? Aftershocks off the fault (by 800 miles)?? Nuking an earthquake fault in order to "fuse" it!?

EDIT: #7) The whole bicycle scene in the beginning was retarded. It was also interesting how the crack in the earth followed the train tracks exactly and it stopped the second it engulfed the train.

EDIT: #8) 10.5 earthquake and almost no one falls down, just lots of running around. Even a little girl can stand perfectly still through a 10.5 quake.

EDIT: #9) Oops. Earthquake's all done - no more aftershocks because... well because we said so.

EDIT: #10) Now let's all look at the water. Yeah, it's so beautiful to see the water. So beautiful. Let's hug and smile while FIVE MILLION PEOPLE JUST GOT DROWNED, BURIED AND CRUSHED TO DEATH!

And the topper:

EDIT: #.5) The "Mother Earth" speech.

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
... Yes this movie sucks big time, yet in a stange twist of irony, I can turn the channel
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm watching it just to see California's coast disappear.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
i was just watching to see kali fall into the ocean
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait that's supposed to have stuff about Seattle in it right?

OK I'm ready!

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

OK I'm ready!

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2680110/52695314.jpg

You KNOW you'll survive if you have a crate of Danish ammo!!

... but what's with the two dildos?  
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK I'm ready!

Trade goods, in case he has to make his way through 'Frisco.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a tool, I thouhgt this thread was gonna be a bash on the LMT uppers CMMG is selling.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
It gets worse, trust me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

All the bandoleers are Danish 30-06 too.

And look mustang boy I don't know what you folks over there in Daneland use candles for but here when the SHTF they're for when the cylume runs out.  

Ammo 30-06 7.62x51 5.56
MRE Oatmeal Bars
Candles
Cylume

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Macallan hit the high (or low points) on this stinker already, so I will comment on the massive technical errors.

As a geologist that studies faults, this movie hits a 9+ on the crapola scale.  Dante's Inferno at least tried to throw some science at the plot.  Many errors in the first 15 minutes.  Faults in the mantle? Realtime Richter scale readouts?  Aftershocks off the fault (by 800 miles)?

Why oh Why do they include the "whining teenager" in these movies?  In the good old days, people that acted like that got killed early in the movie.  Makes the broad that was on 24 seem pleasant.

Sorry to disappoint but Kali won't fall into the ocean (except for those beach houses on stilts).  You think the Pacific Ocean has no bottom?
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the bandoleers are Danish 30-06 too.

And look mustang boy I don't know what you folks over there in Daneland use candles for but here when the SHTF they're for when the cylume runs out.  

Ammo 30-06 7.62x51 5.56
MRE Oatmeal Bars
Candles
Cylume

Candles!!   Of course !

I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell those things were - so I just thought I'd ask in a funny way!  Now I feel stupid - and I should probably get some cnadle for my stash too!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#12]
The writer is from Anchorage
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I should probably get some cnadle for my stash too!  

Is that anything like struddle?

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

OK I'm ready!

ARSENAL!!! ARSENALl!!!! someone call teh copss!!!!!1111
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I should probably get some cnadle for my stash too!  

Is that anything like struddle?

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"  Hehe - cnadle   That DOES sound like a yummy pastry, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Using nukes as fault line spot welds?
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm watching it just to see California's coast disappear.

Sorry, but my coast isn't going to disappear, it's just going to swing away and become another Mexican penninsula. Not like that will change anything...

CW
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]
i think that most of north kail (pot world) wont brake off and go floating over to austrayleya so i think i will be ok
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Your remote control is equiped with an "Up" and "Down" channel buttons.

These are placed there in the quite likely event that you do not like what you are watching.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Kim Delaney is still kind of hot. Kaley Cuoco has a nice little tummy.

What's the problem?

When it got lame, I flipped over to Andromeda.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Actually some of the top Earthquake experts are female.  They've spent  most of the last week trying to convince people that these are going to be the worst TV movies ever.  They may be right.

I just like the HO model , my 13 year old could make a better diorama.   And so convenient to stop cracking right where it caught and swallowed the train.  

At that point I got out my new little portable steam vac and cleaned up where the killer bassets had attacked a box of cake mix while we were gone.  Cleaning dried Basset slobber and cake mix in a carpet was more enjoyable than the movie.

I also expect that Ford Marketing is looking for the guy that got them that prominent placement for the Expedition to get eaten by the quick gravel on foam?  What an advertisement for their 4 wheel drive traction system that was, wasn't it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#23]
To repeat the painfully obvious, the train sequence was lame.  It looked like a Godzilla movie.   You could see the tired characters forming in the opening sequence with the president and FEMA director playing basketball. "You always take the long shot when you get desperate."  Geeeezuz...give it a rest.
Anyone with an I.Q. of 40 or over could predict that an earthquake was going to occur in San Francisco as soon as the all-knowing scientist warned the FEMA guy to evacuate it.  When he refused, (big surprise) it was like waiting for a Star Trek red shirt to get it.  I watched this crap instead of doing something constructive, like taking a nap.  I wonder why the Ford SUV stopped sinking right after it went out of sight.  You'd think a fissure deep enough to liquefy the ground would be deeper than that.
The people responsible for this should be lined up against a wall and shot.  I'm going to watch it tonight just to see Hollywood sink.  I like the thought of it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:26:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sorry to disappoint but Kali won't fall into the ocean (except for those beach houses on stilts).  You think the Pacific Ocean has no bottom?

Oh, I know, but we can always dream, can't we?!?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#25]
The Mac is right on about the idiotic camera work, pc characters & dialogue. I bitched about it those very things while it was on, but like a car wreck, I couldn't look away. "We can fuse the fault with a nuke"! AAAGH!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Using nukes as fault line spot welds?

No geologist here, but for you all who are.... isn't that something like the LAST thing
you'd want to go off along a fault line? Isn't that begging for something worse?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#29]
The fissure opening up that kept on following the train even around corners was really lame.  And it happened to stop right at the moment it swallowed the engine.  I turned the channel soon afterwards..sigh.  About that point..i asked my wife why TV movies HAVE to be so lame.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The fissure opening up that kept on following the train even around corners was really lame.  And it happened to stop right at the moment it swallowed the engine.  I turned the channel soon afterwards..sigh.  About that point..i asked my wife why TV movies HAVE to be so lame.

Obviously the fruition of a Chinese plot to destroy the trains of the US when the chinese laborers installed our track for us in the 1800's.

And since when does a gas mask save you from an oxygen poor environment, when the gas bubbles that killed the animals by the stream bubbled up again, enough to render the guy unconscious. And why did the car work so they could drive away?

How dumb can they get?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Some of you guys need to take a chill pill (Mac?). What the hell did you expect? I got exactly what I figured I'd get. And DITTO to the comments regarding the only reason to watch it was to watch Kommiefornia fall into the ocean. So far, I am not disappointed. Lots of good destruction and plenty to come. Just pick the gold nuggets out of all the mud. They are there...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i think that most of north kail (pot world) wont brake off and go floating over to austrayleya so i think i will be okhr

Thaynk Gawd.  I dont wont to haf to lern to speek austrayleyan.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#33]
The whole bicycle scene in the beginning was retarded. It was also interesting how the crack in the earth followed the train tracks exactly and it stopped the second it engulfed the train.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The whole bicycle scene in the beginning was retarded. It was also interesting how the crack in the earth followed the train tracks exactly and it stopped the second it engulfed the train.

That is exactly what my wife said too.

Adding that to the list.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#35]
It's like a bigg azz dumplin!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Gee, nothing keeps me rivetted to the edge of my seat more than watching 5 minutes of diggin a hole.

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Thankfully, it's over.  What a waste of electricity.  The only redeeming part of this miserable piece of trash was the woman scientist's camel toe.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#38]
anyone remember seeing where the dad and his teenage daughter are out walking on that road and the daughter says "were never gonna make it out here dad" I was thinking "wth? so nowadays if you happen to be out in the middle of nowhere with no food or water then your "not gonna make it?"

This country used to be made up of people that knew how to survive out of neccessity. now people that continue that legacy are ridiculed by the liberal media. Should there ever be a cataclysm of such epic proportions then we all know who will survive and who will not.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#39]

"It's over. It's finally over."

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

... LOL, Finally
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Alright, list is done: 10.5 Reasons I hated "10.5"

#1) That STUPID gimmick of flinching the camera while people are talking to each other. It was stupid, annoying and utterly unwatchable 10 years ago when NYPD Blue first did it and now it's stupid, annoying, utterly unwatchable and HACKNEYED!!!

#2) The dialogue is so imbecilic and puddle-deep. Whoever wrote the script was probably just hired off the Nickelodeon channel.

#3) PC/stereotypical characters - the female scientist who knows everything vs the evil stubborn white male politician who we all know will be proven wrong and end up dooming millions because of it.

#4) Did I mention those STUPID "oh-so-edgy-and-rough" twitching-camera tricks?

#5) AMANDA. Shut that fucking ditsy-whiney, brittney-wannabe-bitch UP already!!!  Holy SHIT puhLEESE stuff a sock down her throat and kick her ass out of the truck already!

#6) Real-time digital Richter scale counter?? Aftershocks off the fault (by 800 miles)?? Nuking an earthquake fault in order to "fuse" it!?

#7) The whole bicycle scene in the beginning was retarded. It was also interesting how the crack in the earth followed the train tracks exactly and it stopped the second it engulfed the train.

#8) 10.5 earthquake and almost no one falls down, just lots of running around. Even a little girl can stand perfectly still through a 10.5 quake.

#9) Oops. Earthquake's all done - no more aftershocks because... well because we said so.

#10) Now let's all look at the water. Yeah, it's so beautiful to see the water. So beautiful. Let's hug and smile while FIVE MILLION PEOPLE JUST GOT DROWNED, BURIED AND CRUSHED TO DEATH!

And the topper:

#.5) The "Mother Earth" speech.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
<snip>
#8) 10.5 earthquake and almost no one falls down, just lots of running around. Even a little girl can stand perfectly still through a 10.5 quake.
</snip>

heh ther whus a 6.5 quake when i whus a kid and my dad sed that i whus "holding on to the gound for dear life" heh
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Kern River is draining into a big hole now.  Guess it's not a good time for white water rafters.  Ma is watching it, I'm here.  Wonder if the river water is going to lube the fault before the nukes spot weld it>

I didn't do it.  It's not my  vault.  and you can bank on that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So, you tortured yourself for two nights so you could come here and bitch about it. I love it.
AB
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Kern River is draining into a big hole now.  Guess it's not a good time for white water rafters.  Ma is watching it, I'm here.  Wonder if the river water is going to lube the fault before the nukes spot weld it>

I didn't do it.  It's not my  vault.  and you can bank on that.

"The Kern river changed direction?  How is that possible?"

"I don't know, magnetic pull?"

Yeah, the water is now ferro-magnetic due to an earthquake.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#46]
that part wher the bildings are faling down in LA that is a bad spoof of the part in Earthquake
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't know if it's because they couldn't sell advertising time but the recurring ad (at least here) is for QuakeHold.  A product designed to hold items in place during a quake.  Having grown up here in eq country I picked up a diocesan library and the market  I worked at after the 71.  Not bad stuff to have.  I also  have my all my ammo boxes brass for reloading well and truly secured.  That's one of my real eq nightmares, all that brass and those cartridges getting loose and spreading all over the garage floor along with all my unbuilt model railroading kits.

I've talked to guys who watched the wave solder machines sloshing during the Whittier quakes.  THAT was exciting

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top