Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/7/2020 2:31:50 PM EDT
I stupidly like asked why did she need to put her personal pronouns down.  She said it was to help normalize regular gender and transgender people and make everything seem normal. Which I think I might’ve smiled and said oh then I got it right the first time.

Is this a thing?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d guess at least half of the ~10k employees at my company do the same thing with Slack, and maybe 25% do it with their email signatures.   Sigh....

ETA and I see that crap all over LinkedIn too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew it was out there but had not come across anyone with their pronouns until I got a work email a couple weeks ago (.mil) and a 1LT had "she/her" in her sig block.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a thing.

She/her

He/him

etc.

I see it a lot on Twitter profiles.  When I do, I automatically discount whatever the person says.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
After all my time in mil and leo, I could fill a book with "general purpose" pronouns for these snowflakes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
She's warming you up to the fact that she expects you to pay for her worthless genders studies degree.

You should come up with a homework assignment were every student needs to create a 10 year financial plan following high school graduation.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate the pronouns people
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Just don’t pick any.  Demand to be addressed by your proper name at all times.

Fight derp with derp.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate people
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Recently I've received emails from salespeople trying to make sales calls with that shit next to their name.

Not getting that sales call.
I'll buy elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
respond by putting duck/goose next to yours.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#12]
My sister teaches honors English at our local high school, over 25 years there. In the last five years she’s had an increasing number of these types of students thru her class. Males transitioning to female, females to males, IT’s and other mentally disturbed humans. Before each school year the teachers have to go thru sensitive feelz training refreshers as to not “offend” these challenged individuals. It’s sickening. Back in my day, you’d just kick their ass behind the gym after school.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#13]
my pronouns are Freedom and America
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d guess at least half of the ~10k employees at my company do the same thing with Slack, and maybe 25% do it with their email signatures.   Sigh....

ETA and I see that crap all over LinkedIn too.
View Quote

I like this trend

It makes it easy to avoid retards
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
respond by putting duck/goose next to yours.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]
There is a direct relationship between pronouns in the bio and crazy.  Keep that in mind
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...make everything seem normal...

View Quote

Treating mental illness would go a long way toward making things actually normal in this arena, but let's just pretend by using a couple words instead.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Is Sir or Master okay?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#19]
ceetee / he / Supreme Being, Lord God of All, As Far As The Eye Can See
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Would dude/attack helicopter be appropriate?

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My sister teaches honors English at our local high school, over 25 years there. In the last five years she’s had an increasing number of these types of students thru her class. Males transitioning to female, females to males, IT’s and other mentally disturbed humans. Before each school year the teachers have to go thru sensitive feelz training refreshers as to not “offend” these challenged individuals. It’s sickening. Back in my day, you’d just kick their ass behind the gym after school.
View Quote

I would just start calling everyone by their last name. No pronouns. Just as militant as possible. Fuck snowflakes
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#24]
You shall address me as 'His excellency.'
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#25]
How about "Big Dick Sir Swings-A-Lot"?

And if you really want to fuck with them, put "Mrs" in front of it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How about "Big Dick Sir Swings-A-Lot"?

And if you really want to fuck with them, put "Mrs" in front of it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I see it in some business emails now.

I know how to address Mike, Bob, Jane, and Jill but never having met Alopiai, Ndidi, or Bozxboqibouk I don't know if that's a male or female name (sorry those are the only choices you get).
View Quote

I've had that same problem, contractors from all over the world.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#29]
He/man
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#30]
The people that buy into the pronoun crap are in complete free fall into insanity.

No telling how insane they'll be in just a few years even, as there is no bottom to this crazy abyss.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know how to address Mike, Bob, Jane, and Jill but never having met Alopiai, Ndidi, or Bozxboqibouk I don't know if that's a male or female name (sorry those are the only choices you get).
View Quote

Now that you mention it, it makes sense.

Wife has had some issues with that in her line of work, even asking me "do you think this is a guy or girl's name?"
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Eject the kid
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I knew it was out there but had not come across anyone with their pronouns until I got a work email a couple weeks ago (.mil) and a 1LT had "she/her" in her sig block.

View Quote

I have a buddy who's a real hardass. On one form requesting preferred pronoun, he answered "Captain". He then got cute and put it on his e-mail.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Unless you have romantic or sexual relationships with your students, what difference does it make?

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Luckily in my industry I haven't seen that nonsense in email signatures.  If I do, I'll pretty much know that person is a retard even before I meet them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wife has had some issues with that in her line of work, even asking me "do you think this is a guy or girl's name?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been like this for a long time. Except we were able to decipher that usually by the spelling. Example: Chris vs Kris. However, the lines have been blurred before as I remember the first time I met a Leslie and it turned out be a guy. That one threw me. With that said, the personal pronouns she/her if it helps our gender-less youth understand what is between the persons legs they are speaking with, then I'm going to add Sir to my name.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#38]
If you really want to be woke, go with Idi Amin's title: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular". Don't forget to remind them that you identify as African.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like this trend

It makes it easy to avoid retards
View Quote

It is good for people to identify themselves ahead of time so you can adjust expectations accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#41]
When I was working I had smalltownguy1 JAPA (just a physician assistant) Or JAFPA ( just a fucking Physician assistant) my 82 year old general surgeons nickname for me.
Otherwise I just preferred Lieutenant Colonel smalltownguy1
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I stupidly like asked why did she need to put her personal pronouns down.  She said it was to help normalize regular gender and transgender people and make everything seem normal. Which I think I might’ve smiled and said oh then I got it right the first time.

Is this a thing?
View Quote

It's not a real thing unless you're an idiot on a college campus.  Call people out openly and mock them when you see it.  That's how it becomes normalized.
Immediately call them out for childish behavior.

"Aren't you a bit old and bit too educated to get involved in childish political theater?  This is supposed to be a professional environment, not some social sciences experiment or some half-assed attempt at virtue signaling."
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It’s not something I can get worked up over.
View Quote

You should pick up a copy of Cynical Theories by James Lindsay & Helen Pluckrose
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#44]
You should be thankful that the crazies out themselves as being insane so easily.  Pronouns are an automatic red flag to normal people.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#45]
If they're going to make it a crime to misgender someone (which some people are very pro) then people need to display their pronouns. Almost like a badge.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#46]
My personal pronouns are Fuck/That.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I would just start calling everyone by their last name. No pronouns. Just as militant as possible. Fuck snowflakes
View Quote

Absolutely this^^^^^^^10ring
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Definitely a thing. I'm guessing you don't follow any 20-somethings on social media.  Lots of them have their pronouns in their bios.  Stupid, IMO.
View Quote

Sad but true.

Up until this year I worked part-time at a HS for the past 15 years.

This stuff really started happening in the last year/couple of months.

I wasn't allowed to be "friends" on social media with any student of mine while they were still at the high school but some of them started following my public business page and I could see their profile pages.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#49]
It is like a woman with a hyphenated last name... it is a warning that you can see coming from a mile away.

As one who seeks to avoid even normal people, the ability to identify abnormal people without any work on my part is welcomed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It’s not something I can get worked up over.
View Quote

But...but...but....ARF has to have *something* to hate and get worked up over, that doesn't affect them in any way!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top