User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you have romantic or sexual relationships with your students, what difference does it make?

View Quote

Wait until you have the people that want you to call them - “Ze and Zir”.

And what happens when every single person has their own special pronouns they go by?

Or they are multiple personality and / or gender fluid, so you have to ask them each time you so each with them what their pronouns are? They could he today and she tomorrow.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What is this "gender" shit?

Gender is a grammatical term used to classify WORDS.

Animals are classified by their SEX.

And finally, just because some mentally ill asshole guy wants to pretend he's a woman DOES NOT mean that I have to pretend he's a woman.
And the same goes for some mentally ill asshole girl who wants to pretend she's a guy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would just start calling everyone by their last name. No pronouns. Just as militant as possible. Fuck snowflakes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My sister teaches honors English at our local high school, over 25 years there. In the last five years she’s had an increasing number of these types of students thru her class. Males transitioning to female, females to males, IT’s and other mentally disturbed humans. Before each school year the teachers have to go thru sensitive feelz training refreshers as to not “offend” these challenged individuals. It’s sickening. Back in my day, you’d just kick their ass behind the gym after school.

I would just start calling everyone by their last name. No pronouns. Just as militant as possible. Fuck snowflakes

Heinlein was on to something I think...
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate it when people put their pronouns in their emails, etc.

It let's me know to keep them at arm's length..
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the proper response to shit like this, although I know it can’t always be handled this way. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is the proper response to shit like this, although I know it can’t always be handled this way. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/501885/589E4F21-F41D-448C-BF9E-D852C2294F14_jpe-1719662.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I got lectured when I put mine in my official signature block...

"King/ His Majesty, and Attachment Attached File
"

APPPAERNENTLY that is "unprofessional..."

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is a really good point, actually.

I have run into that type of situation several times, when I literally had no idea if the person was male or female.  If everyone had their pronouns in email sigs, that would honestly make life a little easier.
View Quote

You know what would be even easier than that?

If people acted like fucking rational adults and didn't get butthurt if someone called them by the fucking pronoun.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]
deal with it all of the time in the classroom as a teacher.

fuck that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hate people
View Quote

I'm right there with ya

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Definitely a thing. I'm guessing you don't follow any 20-somethings on social media.  Lots of them have their pronouns in their bios.  Stupid, IMO.
View Quote
Pronouns in the bios are stupid, or the twenty-somethings are stupid?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
respond by putting duck/goose next to yours.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]
"regular gender" master sex
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My sister teaches honors English at our local high school, over 25 years there. In the last five years she's had an increasing number of these types of students thru her class. Males transitioning to female, females to males, IT's and other mentally disturbed humans. Before each school year the teachers have to go thru sensitive feelz training refreshers as to not "offend" these challenged individuals. It's sickening. Back in my day, you'd just kick their ass behind the gym after school.
View Quote
@ahnglw

Pics of sister?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But...but...but....ARF has to have *something* to hate and get worked up over, that doesn't affect them in any way!
View Quote
It's normalizing mental illness. It will inevitably have an effect on me. Slippery slope arguments have ended up being true more often than not in the grand scheme.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Back in my day we made fun of people like that
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Stupid, IMO.
View Quote

Yep.  Just call them all "it".
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
deal with it all of the time in the classroom as a teacher.

View Quote

I'm glad my kids are in private school.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every one calls me by my last name. I really want to put that down as my preferred but I am sure I will catch slack.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@ahnglw

Pics of sister?
View Quote

@Lug1
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Definitely a thing. I'm guessing you don't follow any 20-somethings on social media.  Lots of them have their pronouns in their bios.  Stupid, IMO.
View Quote
I find that I have so little in common with them that I can safely ignore them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My personal pronouns are Fuck/That.
View Quote
"Fuck" is a verb, or sometimes a noun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck this. Whenever I see it on someone's profile or email I chalk them up to a dumbass and ignore them. On a resume, hahaha.... you're definitely are not getting hired.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Would "Mein Fuhrer" be acceptable?
Just asking/
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Fuck" is a verb, or sometimes a noun.
View Quote

Fuck! That fuckin' Fucker is fucking fucked!
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I taught at the University of California for more than 20-years. I think the kids know that when the instructor walks in and introduces himself as a retired Master Chief it might make the social justice warriors hold their tongue because I didn't run into the crazies. Because in all my years I only had one student I didn't know what to do with. On the first day of class I ask the students what they want me to call them. One kid with a non-traditional name asked me to call it "Star". Star presented as a very effeminate male wearing just a bit of makeup and sporting loose fitting boob reducing clothing, four or five rings, a necklace, and at least four sets of earrings. After five or six class, 15-18 hours with Star, I had no idea on what gonads, it was sitting on. Before class one day I asked a group of six or eight of the other kids if Star was male or female. Nobody knew for sure.

Someone suggested checking the student roster but the name was one of those made up names.

Star graduated my class and I still have no idea if it was male or female.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My sister teaches honors English at our local high school, over 25 years there. In the last five years she’s had an increasing number of these types of students thru her class. Males transitioning to female, females to males, IT’s and other mentally disturbed humans. Before each school year the teachers have to go thru sensitive feelz training refreshers as to not “offend” these challenged individuals. It’s sickening. Back in my day, you’d just kick their ass behind the gym after school.

I taught at the University of California for more than 20-years. I think the kids know that when the instructor walks in and introduces himself as a retired Master Chief it might make the social justice warriors hold their tongue because I didn't run into the crazies. Because in all my years I only had one student I didn't know what to do with. On the first day of class I ask the students what they want me to call them. One kid with a non-traditional name asked me to call it "Star". Star presented as a very effeminate male wearing just a bit of makeup and sporting loose fitting boob reducing clothing, four or five rings, a necklace, and at least four sets of earrings. After five or six class, 15-18 hours with Star, I had no idea on what gonads, it was sitting on. Before class one day I asked a group of six or eight of the other kids if Star was male or female. Nobody knew for sure.

Someone suggested checking the student roster but the name was one of those made up names.

Star graduated my class and I still have no idea if it was male or female.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#32]
My pronoun is "His Imperial Majesty"

You bigoted shitlords better respect that
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Nobody has ever asked for my pronouns. If they did, I would require that they refer to me as "his royal majesty." Because if they don't accept my preferred pronoun, by definition they are intolerant and creating a hostile work environment, right?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've had that same problem, contractors from all over the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it in some business emails now.

I know how to address Mike, Bob, Jane, and Jill but never having met Alopiai, Ndidi, or Bozxboqibouk I don't know if that's a male or female name (sorry those are the only choices you get).

I've had that same problem, contractors from all over the world.

I just google the name and see what comes up (male or female).

I scored points with a Chinese customer because I pronounced her name correctly on the first try.  She said no one had ever done that before.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#35]

https://www.uwrf.edu/Inclusivity/Resources/genderpronouns.cfm

This is from the university of Wisconsin River Falls.

My opinion - he /him, she / her in an e-mail where you’re not sure their gender, fine, it’s somewhat practical.

The rest of this, it’s getting out of hand. Wait until before any introduction, including in person, you and everyone else has to give their preferred pronouns. Better not mess up and “misgender” someone when you call them zie instead of ve.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Edit to add:
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

——
University of Oregon

https://studentlife.uoregon.edu/pronouns

Ze, hir, hirs: A non-gendered pronoun. Pronounced "zee," "here," and "heres."

Co, co, cos: A non-gendered pronoun. Pronounced "coh," "coh," and "cohs."

Per, per, pers: A non-gendered pronoun. Pronounced as it looks.

——-

I could go on...

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Just put velociraptor next to your name
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.uwrf.edu/Inclusivity/Resources/images/3530-Pronoun-Handout_8.png

https://www.uwrf.edu/Inclusivity/Resources/genderpronouns.cfm

This is from the university of Wisconsin River Falls.

My opinion - he /him, she / her in an e-mail where you’re not sure their gender, fine, it’s somewhat practical.

The rest of this, it’s getting out of hand. Wait until before any introduction, including in person, you and everyone else has to give their preferred pronouns. Better not mess up and “misgender” someone when you call them zie instead of ve.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
View Quote

I've stumbled across a few people who use pronouns in their email sig.

So far, every time it's been a person whose name doesn't automatically make ot obvious.

Some people get tired of people referring to the, as "him" or "her" wrongly.

So far, every time it has been an obvious genetic female noting her use of the normal she/her expected of a genetic female.

Not sure why this gets conflated with the crazies like in your image.

Some people have names that aren't obvious.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh Jesus, thanks OP!  Now I know how to troll people in corporate emails from now on!  Only a few years left to retire and dammit, I am going to have FUN!

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I work with one person that had their pronouns in their email signature.
Their first name is Jaime, and she's definitely female.

Most older individuals do Mr/Ms/Mrs in front of their name.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’d guess at least half of the ~10k employees at my company do the same thing with Slack, and maybe 25% do it with their email signatures.   Sigh....

ETA and I see that crap all over LinkedIn too.
View Quote

Eventually some woke company will require pronouns in email signatures, then a bunch of others will follow.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I work with one person that had their pronouns in their email signature.
Their first name is Jaime, and she's definitely female.

Most older individuals do Mr/Ms/Mrs in front of their name.

Kharn
View Quote

If I saw that name spelled that way, I'd assume hispanic male. It can definitely prevent confusion.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wait until you have the people that want you to call them - "Ze and Zir".

And what happens when every single person has their own special pronouns they go by?

Or they are multiple personality and / or gender fluid, so you have to ask them each time you so each with them what their pronouns are? They could he today and she tomorrow.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And finally, just because some mentally ill asshole guy wants to pretend he's a woman DOES NOT mean that I have to pretend he's a woman.
And the same goes for some mentally ill asshole girl who wants to pretend she's a guy.
View Quote
This, most assuredly this.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hate the pronouns people
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

But...but...but....ARF has to have *something* to hate and get worked up over, that doesn't affect them in any way!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not something I can get worked up over.

you think this shit doesnt/wont affect everyone?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's literally the argument the crazies make to distinguish their gender preference from their biological sex characteristics.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I stupidly like asked why did she need to put her personal pronouns down.  She said it was to help normalize regular gender and transgender people and make everything seem normal. Which I think I might’ve smiled and said oh then I got it right the first time.

Is this a thing?
View Quote

I had a butch lesbian professor try this on our class almost 25 years ago.

She wasn't pleased when I insisted that I needed to be addressed as Lord.

Only fucking D I ever earned in college.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not something I can get worked up over.

I think people don’t realize what the future holds. Wait til your job tests you on all the pronouns. Or wait until you get written up at your job for mis-gendering. Or better yet wait until it becomes a hate crime to not use someone’s preferred pronouns. End this garbage now instead of normalizing it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I like this trend

It makes it easy to avoid retards
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd guess at least half of the ~10k employees at my company do the same thing with Slack, and maybe 25% do it with their email signatures.   Sigh....

ETA and I see that crap all over LinkedIn too.

I like this trend

It makes it easy to avoid retards
Yeah, this is a hiring disqualifier when I see it. I won't list that as the reason, "I didn't feel like ze was a good fit."
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I had a professor ask us to do that. Now I'm not saying I'm some kind of hero, but..... I didn't do it.

I figure if he gets my pronouns wrong, I won't be the one who should be embarrassed
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top