User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2020 10:48:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So that's why criminal reform was so important
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I came here to make a smartass comment, but then I remembered that Houston sends Shelia Jackson Lee to Congress so now I got nothing. Moving along....
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there any NYS politician of any party who couldn't be convicted of something if there were any honest people in positions to prosecute?  Disclosure, nephew of former syracuse politician.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Her Boss Heastie is also a crook and was able to hold onto a home that prosecutors said his mother had bought with embezzled money and that a judge had instructed him to sell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/21/nyregion/carl-heastie-new-york-assembly-speaker-benefited-from-mothers-embezzling.html
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe she's just a saver with high interest rate CDs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#7]
22 years ago I knew of a similar women in a Raleigh, NC legislative admin position.

She was the middle generation of a family firmly dug into three separate units of the
same section 8 apartment complex.

She drove a new BMW and her 42 dollar a month subsidized apartment was full of new furnishings
and African tribal art.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
22 years ago I knew of a similar women in a Raleigh, NC legislative admin position.

She was the middle generation of a family firmly dug into three separate units of the
same section 8 apartment complex.

She drove a new BMW and her 42 dollar a month subsidized apartment was full of new furnishings
and African tribal art.

View Quote

That exact scenario is actually more common than you think. Our entitlement programs are designed for abuse.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#9]
she bobbed, then she weaved.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone who is close to my wife's brother lost an IT contract for 25k, for 5 computers + light support a few years back. The Bronx politician told that someone to bill for 50k and kick 18k in cash directly to the politician.

All of this in a meeting with politician's counsel and their equivalent of "comptroller" present.

They think they are impervious.

They (IT) did not report for fear of repercussions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top