User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2020 3:19:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
ACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKTION!
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Direct impingement with Carbine gas tube? Why not longer barrel and gas tube?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#3]
No piston or 8.5"???
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I would have but it costs over double what cheap ARs were going for when I picked up my x39.  

Carbine gas works better in x39 than 5.56 due to lower pressure and with that heavier bcg, I could see it being beneficial.

If I want serious x39, I use a sam7.  If I want serious AR, I use a BCM or DD mid in 5.56.  If I really wanted to spend $ to mix the 2 I'd get an XCR.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of these at the beginning of the ammo crunch when I realized I missed the 300BLK/5.56 ammo train but commie-x-39 wasn't drying up or climbing $$ at the same rate. I was leery at first & ready to flip it if it was a dog.

It helped that it was a very good fit & replace a 300BLK & transition directly over to a hog thumper with no weird boutique equipment to source or major machine work most AKs take to match capabilities of an AR.  

The DI gas system has a noticeably less aggressive recoil impulse that any of the piston guns I own in that caliber. Adding a can helped it even more & it suppresses way better than any AK. I've seen some custom build x39 ARs run reliably across those conditions but none of the rattle box x39 ARs have ever managed to do that.

For under $250 I swapped out the standard M4 stock, grip & GI trigger that comes on the Resolute 100 series rifle with a CMMG ambi safety, LaRue trigger, Magpul MOE stock, & a griffin taper mount muzzle device to make my poor's version of a 300 series rifle minus a fancy finish.

Out of the box accuracy with Wolf Polyperfomance & lacquer case HP or FMJ was surprisingly under 1.5" with 5 shot groups @ 100yds using a 4x day optic. Moving over to imported SP ammo from a couple manufacturers it opened up to around 2.5"

IF these were available at retail price they'd be a very good choice for anyone wanting to ditch 300blk or provide some caliber diversity to their collection with a reliable and well performing x39 platform.

It proved itself to me well enough that I also bought a pistol version that I dedicated one of my ancient direct thread cans to. #nopigsmatter

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Will it run Tula?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one of these at the beginning of the ammo crunch when I realized I missed the 300BLK/5.56 ammo train but commie-x-39 wasn't drying up or climbing $$ at the same rate. I was leery at first & ready to flip it if it was a dog.

It helped that it was a very good fit & replace a 300BLK & transition directly over to a hog thumper with no weird boutique equipment to source or major machine work most AKs take to match capabilities of an AR.  

The DI gas system has a noticeably less aggressive recoil impulse that any of the piston guns I own in that caliber. Adding a can helped it even more & it suppresses way better than any AK. I've seen some custom build x39 ARs run reliably across those conditions but none of the rattle box x39 ARs have ever managed to do that.

For under $250 I swapped out the standard M4 stock, grip & GI trigger that comes on the Resolute 100 series rifle with a CMMG ambi safety, LaRue trigger, Magpul MOE stock, & a griffin taper mount muzzle device to make my poor's version of a 300 series rifle minus a fancy finish.

Out of the box accuracy with Wolf Polyperfomance & lacquer case HP or FMJ was surprisingly under 1.5" with 5 shot groups @ 100yds using a 4x day optic. Moving over to imported SP ammo from a couple manufacturers it opened up to around 2.5"

IF these were available at retail price they'd be a very good choice for anyone wanting to ditch 300blk or provide some caliber diversity to their collection with a reliable and well performing x39 platform.

It proved itself to me well enough that I also bought a pistol version that I dedicated one of my ancient direct thread cans to. #nopigsmatter

View Quote

Thank you for the review.  Been looking for one of these.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I would buy one of these but as far as I can tell you can't get spare parts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol no.

Unless it's being stamped out and put together by peasant slaves at a couple hundred bucks each, it has none of the "best attributes" of the AK47.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems like an answer to a question no one asked?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]
That ammo availability comment hit too close to home.

I have thousands of rounds of 7.62x39, only a few dozen 5.56.

A toy like that would be nice... way nicer than the Romanian FrankenAK that I have for them now.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will it run Tula?
View Quote

I've shot a few hogs with Tula soft point out of it. It all went boom but I'm not shooting jello blocks so I'm sticking with the commie import HP stuff. It performs pretty well in the terminal ballistics & accuracy categories. Just don't get freaked out on it's ability to reliably kill hogs at 150yds by the chronograph showing 100+ fps extreme spread.

I don't go through a lot of receivers or bolt carriers so I'm not too freaked out about there not being stacks of them in spare. 90% or more of the rest of the parts exist in the market as well as any other black rifle part in these times.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Will it run Tula?
View Quote

I had 2. They both ate Tula like candy and they were both accurate enough to slap steel at 400 yards with zero issues.

I sold both, and deeply regret it. One of my very few regrets when it comes to selling guns. I need to get another one before I can't.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#14]
ive had an MK47 for several years and love it,......would not sell ever!
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok Cool. So Im Good With My Guitar Bag. Thought I Was A Weirdo For A Sec
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#16]
The keys to AK reliability are:
- Tapered case
- Robust mag
- Being overgassed

An AR can have these attributes.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Also helps that the bolt is a lot stronger than a normal AR 7.62 bolt.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That pic really puts things into perspective, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Seems like an answer to a question no one asked?
View Quote

Someone probably asked for a 7.62x39 with modern ergos and cheap mags.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2018/09/CMMG-Mk47-Mutant-3.jpg
View Quote

Are they just using a .308 bolt, or something proprietary?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2018/09/CMMG-Mk47-Mutant-3.jpg

it's a 7.62x39 specific 308 bolt
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I found a mk47 300 series burnt bronze on a PA gun board for 1500. glad I picked it up. The rifle is so much lighter than I expected. Have plenty of ammo to feed it. My son ordered a mutant 200 pistol with brace in AUG with a 12 week lead time, still has not received the gun. they seem to be really backed up at this time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top