Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2001 10:37:50 PM EDT
I go to the local boring gun show today, and being a former gun show dealer my self I strike up a conversation with a dealer there about where the best shows are. Long story short we talk about the Great Western show formerly in Pomona California and how profitable it was for dealers. I suggest they could move it to Las Vegas. He tells me that it was moved to Las Vegas but for only one show. Why I ask could it be Nevada has been taken over by liberal government? The reply surprised me. I know that most guns how dealers are not big businesses and don’t generate a lot of profit and some are in it as a hobby. He told me the reason the show no longer is in Las Vegas. Upon arrival and after paying his money he and all of the other dealers were confronted by none other than the Teamsters Union demanding that the dealers pay them to unload there trucks at 25.00 an hour or else! All of the dealers refused and were forced to lug their wares some 200 yards one cart at a time. Because, nobody complied with the Teamster’s extortion they picked the show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top