Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for more entrants!

Bring your friends, neighbors, etc...got a runner friend? Gym buddy? Bring em!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m considering having your name engraved on it, like the Stanley Cup.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is gonna be really fun
Yep it sounds like a good time! Is the Carl Gustav going to appear?

Quiet you. I often get stuck with that thing

I've got drag and rotary panto-graph engravers, though the CG is a tad big to fit on the cylindrical chuck!

I'm sure we could figure something out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Due to avoiding Manassas today, I wasn't able to get my 16" 300BLK rifle. I will however lend out my 10.5 beater pistol with Omega 9k if anyone needs it after I am done.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not the gunnery assistant we want, he's the gunnery assistant we need
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Packs need to weigh 25lbs at weigh ins (minus water) and you must carry everything that was in it at weigh in for the duration of the portions requiring movement with the pack. Nothing requires you to leave everything in the pack during movement, just that you carry everything the distance required.

Packs will be weighed again when you cross the finish line and must still weigh at least 25lbs, and have everything that was in it at the start.

---break---

If you live in NOVA you should be finding friends to bring to this- they don't have to be a shooter since this is as much a fitness event as a shooting event. This event could be a great way to introduce people to APC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just registered.

@Ben

Does ‘pack weight’ include a plate carrier? Was planning to just do my 20lb PC with mags and then a pack with extra 220gr 300BO subs for others and some food/water.

Packs need to weigh 25lbs at weigh ins (minus water) and you must carry everything that was in it at weigh in for the duration of the portions requiring movement with the pack. Nothing requires you to leave everything in the pack during movement, just that you carry everything the distance required.

Packs will be weighed again when you cross the finish line and must still weigh at least 25lbs, and have everything that was in it at the start.

---break---

If you live in NOVA you should be finding friends to bring to this- they don't have to be a shooter since this is as much a fitness event as a shooting event. This event could be a great way to introduce people to APC.

Gotcha

If I’m reading that right I’ll stuff the PC and battle belt in the pack for weigh-in, wear them for the event, stuff back in the pack for weigh-out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Gotcha

If I’m reading that right I’ll stuff the PC and battle belt in the pack for weigh-in, wear them for the event, stuff back in the pack for weigh-out.
View Quote

If I were going to wear a plate carrier the whole time I'd probably do something like that.

The LBV or other fighting load (in the situation you describe, the PC) needs to be worn for the run (mile 2) so you might be at a weight disadvantage versus just an LBV that is unattached to the carrier.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I were going to wear a plate carrier the whole time I'd probably do something like that.

The LBV or other fighting load (in the situation you describe, the PC) needs to be worn for the run (mile 2) so you might be at a weight disadvantage versus just an LBV that is unattached to the carrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha

Thanks for confirming. The plate carrier is slick except three AR mags. Battle belt is comfy.

For weigh-in they’ll be attached/around the small day pack I use for ‘hump all your stuff all day’ matches and will be the vast majority of the weight I have on me.

Meh, should be a fun day regardless. If I’m not in spec I’ll get schooled and make it right next time
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha

Good idea, will def put the armor in the bag for weigh in.

What is the recommended ammo in each mag? 4 mags total is one in the gun and 3 reloads? Trying to determine if I need more mag pouches than 3.

Need the green light from the wife to be 100% in, but is there any way to confirm zero with subs prior to start? Any suggested donation of subsonic ammo for others or helping setup?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What is the recommended ammo in each mag? 4 mags total is one in the gun and 3 reloads? Trying to determine if I need more mag pouches than 3.

Need the green light from the wife to be 100% in, but is there any way to confirm zero with subs prior to start? Any suggested donation of subsonic ammo for others or helping setup?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha

As of right now, we have enough subs (200grn S&B) available for all competitors to use our zeroed stock weapons if they want to pay for their ammo.

Only way to check zero would be to get to a range.

We will detail loadout thoroughly day of, but it will be 5 rounds per mag, 4 mags total. Will be running with a clear and empty weapon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As of right now, we have enough subs (200grn S&B) available for all competitors to use our zeroed stock weapons if they want to pay for their ammo.

Only way to check zero would be to get to a range.

We will detail loadout thoroughly day of, but it will be 5 rounds per mag, 4 mags total. Will be running with a clear and empty weapon.
View Quote

Ok. Got the green light and voting that I can help setup. Let me know what time to be there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Venue change. We will have much better options at the new venue, although it will be a drive from NOVA to get there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the NRA range open now? I need to get a 50 yard zero and they are the closest 50 yard range to me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If someone wants to carry it, I will be happy to bring it.
View Quote

Dag nammit, we should have gotten on the training round project.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the nod to the suffering ammo carrier
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone needs to get a 50 yard zero, I have private land and Im free pretty much all week. Range is near Poolesville, MD.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Venue change. We will have much better options at the new venue, although it will be a drive from NOVA to get there.
View Quote

Yeah, Staunton might be a bit far for me but I’ll stand by for final location to make the call. Regarding not needing a suppressed weapon slinging subs, is the 50yd target distance still on or are we going further out?

Will stick with the hush hush 300BO is staying within 100yds, but might switch up the shooter if going further

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, Staunton might be a bit far for me but I’ll stand by for final location to make the call. Regarding not needing a suppressed weapon slinging subs, is the 50yd target distance still on or are we going further out?

Will stick with the hush hush 300BO is staying within 100yds, but might switch up the shooter if going further

Thanks

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Unless something crazy happens it will be Staunton this time it seems, but we are staying at 50y.

The bright side is unlimited range time out to 200y after we finish the official event. :D
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Shoot.  Don't think I can make Staunton.  I'm already committed in PA for early evening.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Does the new location mean we can switch to 5.56 supers? I'd rather bring out my suppresed SCAR 16 SBR as it is ready to go and doesn't need zeroed. The 300 BLK needs zeroed.

I have so many guns that need zeroed from building stuff during the Ronapocalypse that unlimited range time sounds awesome. That would be fun to do some 200 yard shooting also.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does the new location mean we can switch to 5.56 supers? I'd rather bring out my suppresed SCAR 16 SBR as it is ready to go and doesn't need zeroed. The 300 BLK needs zeroed.

I have so many guns that need zeroed from building stuff during the Ronapocalypse that unlimited range time sounds awesome. That would be fun to do some 200 yard shooting also.
View Quote

I have some shoot an sees I can bring if you need/want to zero.

For the competition, American Pioneer Corps will be supplying steel targets.

If you're looking for some steel for yourself, check out Bluegrass Targets.  They're a family company and are both arfcommers and Cola Warriors.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#23]
If I can make it, is 30-06 OK on these targets?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Foing..

As your RSO
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Noooo. They are 3/8" steel.  .308 and below, please.  You'll only be at 50 yards!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.

308 max
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I have to back out now. Sorry. Hope you guys have fun.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No worries. We knew we'd lose a few people moving sites.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#30]
The restroom facilities at the range are likely to be locked up.  Please make whatever mental and physical preparations you need to handle this deprivation. (There is an abundance of trees lollygagging around the area.)
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you possibly pick up a few? On the first Manassas hike I brought a few family kids with me. One even carried the Gustav. Does anyone remember them?

Since that time they have relocated nearer to the new shooting site. (Living at my house was only temp to get them out of CA) I may not be able to make the new shooting site but it would make it easier for them.

Can I invite them?

Also what is age of carry laws in VA with an adult present?

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also what is age of carry laws in VA with an adult present?
View Quote

§ 18.2-308.7.

Exception 2 is what I'm going with.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Shit, I'm tentatively out now. On standby for an aircraft recovery all weekend. 10min from my door was doable, 3 hours not so much :(  Hoping things align and I'm able to come, looking forward to the AAR if i miss it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Signed up, expecting to go. What time is set up starting? I figure my fat ass can redeem myself by lugging some stuff around before making a fool of myself. @Ben
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Just curious, why the centerfire rifle requirement? Nevermind, just read the info at the registration page.  I was thinking it was somehow a limit of the venue.  Are suppressors still required?  It's not looking great for a VB appearance, but not completely out of the question yet.  3.5 hours is a hell of a day trip.  

Are we BBQALOO'ing again?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just curious, why the centerfire rifle requirement? Nevermind, just read the info at the registration page.  I was thinking it was somehow a limit of the venue.  Are suppressors still required?  It's not looking great for a VB appearance, but not completely out of the question yet.  3.5 hours is a hell of a day trip.  

View Quote

That sounds like a swell idea to me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Just signed up. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I should be able to make it. Thanks for organizing, Ben.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm thinking about heading there after work hours as it is quite a haul for Saturday morning from Arlington. Camping nearby might be fun and I've seen a few tent campgrounds near Staunton.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about heading there after work hours as it is quite a haul for Saturday morning from Arlington. Camping nearby might be fun and I've seen a few tent campgrounds near Staunton.
View Quote

Yeah, I'll be leaving at 0530 to get there at 0900 to setup and be ready for everyone else to arrive for a 1000 start.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#42]
@N2CH_556
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#43]
34 of 60 spots remaining. Let's fill it up folks, just a few days to go!
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@N2CH_556
View Quote

Just signed up.

Trying to recruit a few more but we’ll see.

Thanks to all involved in planning/coordinating this event.

Is it a 25 lb pack + a plate carrier / load out?

Or do armor and mags count towards the total weight?  Don’t want to game it too much, mainly trying to understand.

Probably need to re-read the course description a few more times.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just signed up.

Or do armor and mags count towards the total weight?  Don’t want to game it too much, mainly trying to understand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@N2CH_556

Just signed up.

It needs to weigh over 25lbs at beginning and end.

If ammo is part of your weight and you shoot it, you're not gonna make weigh in on the back end. Same with water.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Have to back out based on the venue change, the travel ban is still in effect for us and it's a little bit further than I'd like to push it. Sent the withdrawal on Practiscore.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If ammo is part of your weight and you shoot it, you're not gonna make weigh in on the back end. Same with water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@N2CH_556

Just signed up.

This. And plate carriers are optional. You must, however, carry everything you started with for mile 1 and mile 3. Mile two you need to carry your weapon and ammo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Have to back out based on the venue change, the travel ban is still in effect for us and it's a little bit further than I'd like to push it. Sent the withdrawal on Practiscore.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a pop-up pavilion and camp kitchen type stuff I'm planning on bringing to cook hotdogs.

Grilling sounds nice but the cleanup is annoying.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Just registered.  Looking forward to it!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top