Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 11:09:33 PM EDT
Whether its the right-to-carry movement or right-to-carry reform, 9 states are currently in trouble. Update from those 9 states at the "stop light" icon at:
http://www.NationalCCW.com
or
http://www.homestead.com/njccw/nationalccw.html
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had it in the peoples republic of hawaii
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
There is only 1 CCW held in HI.  I think it belongs to the sister of a police chief.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
National, A little help here....

Some of us (ME) are lazy.....

'For the kids'...

PLEASE put  [ u r l ] RIGHT BEFORE your address and [ / u r l ] RIGHT AFTER and it will turn your URL into a LINK....

THANK YOU........
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I preferred it better in West Virginia when it was open carry.  I just wore my Beretta on my side and it was perfectly legal everywhere except state and federal property.

I went evrywhere in it and never once was asked to leave a store or shop.  Now I see Walmart has a sign saying concealed carry handguns are allowed but please keep them concealed.  They never said anything on my weekly trips before CCW passed.

Many advocates say CCW deters crime.  I think open, visible carry prevents people from becoming a victim.  Criminals may be less likely to mess with someone because the firearm is visible.  I stopped a loud mouth and three of his friends from starting a fight with another patron in an all night restaurant by unsnapping my thumbstrap on my Beretta 92.  Didn't have to say a word.  Didn't even give  adirty look.

They just stopped being arrogant bad asses and one of them said something like " come on man let's get out of here." If I had been carrying concealed I would have had to draw and therefore brandish my weapon to get the same effect and then law enforcement gets me for brandishing.

Just my preference I guess.
Top Top