BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1688
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Sigh... so it's gonna be one of those kind of days again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:
Sigh... so it's gonna be one of those kind of days again.
View Quote

Another one or two like yesterday, I'll be back below day trader threshold :(
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Too bad we can't trade amongst ourselves.  I have some losers er I mean some quality names I am trying to unload, er I mean reposition out of.  Maybe we could swap shares.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Does anyone have multiple broker accounts?  Meaning, I have a ROTH, a main cash account and a smaller cash account.  In TDAm I have them linked together so I can click from one to the other.  I buy most stuff in all 3 accounts. This allows me to have slightly different strategies, different cost bases and amounts in each so I am always monitoring 3 accounts.  It might make sense to buy/sell in one and not in the others at any given time.  It just struck me that maybe this isn't normal, but I thought it might provide more opportunities.
View Quote

I have Fidelity and Webull. Both have strong and weak points, plus, all my eggs aren't in one basket. For the most part, I keep all of the same stock at the same brokerage, but there are some exceptions -- all of which happened when I had an opportunity to buy more of something at a good cost and that account had spare funds when the other didn't.

I prefer Webull's graphs, so I actually look at everything there, even if I'm going to buy at Fidelity.  Webull doesn't let me buy penny stocks, so all of those are on Fidelity. Also, Fidelity lets you buy their funds without any fees.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Uff da.  Maybe my $15 limit buy was too high
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Sea of Red.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought Walmart and Dollar Tree this morning.  #thingsthatshoulddowellinarecession

With the exception of MVIS, none of my speculative stocks account for more than three percent of my portfolio (MVIS is 6% of it). I'm not buying into any of those again, because averaging down is good if you're certain of a recovery, but with Biden at the helm, I'm really not. I'm not selling, but I'm not buying anymore of them.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like I might be able to buy MVIS close to where some of you bought it before. Too bad I already bought some at $19.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ChainedLightning:

I have Fidelity and Webull. Both have strong and weak points, plus, all my eggs aren't in one basket. For the most part, I keep all of the same stock at the same brokerage, but there are some exceptions -- all of which happened when I had an opportunity to buy more of something at a good cost and that account had spare funds when the other didn't.

I prefer Webull's graphs, so I actually look at everything there, even if I'm going to buy at Fidelity.  Webull doesn't let me buy penny stocks, so all of those are on Fidelity. Also, Fidelity lets you buy their funds without any fees.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Does anyone have multiple broker accounts?  Meaning, I have a ROTH, a main cash account and a smaller cash account.  In TDAm I have them linked together so I can click from one to the other.  I buy most stuff in all 3 accounts. This allows me to have slightly different strategies, different cost bases and amounts in each so I am always monitoring 3 accounts.  It might make sense to buy/sell in one and not in the others at any given time.  It just struck me that maybe this isn't normal, but I thought it might provide more opportunities.

Appreciate everyone chiming in on this.  I guess my point wasn't necessarily different accts at different brokers, but instead having multiple portfolios side by side so you can move between them easily.  So, same stocks in all with different price points, strategies, etc.   I have MVIS in all 3, cost basis of 15 in ROTH, 5 in Cash#1 and 8 in Cash#2.  Gives me the option of trading MVIS with no taxable event, Trading MVIS for a gain at different share prices, holding MVIS longer term in one acct while getting out of it in another, etc.

When the GME thing hit at end of Jan, it was crazy because I spent hours non stop going between all 3 accounts and adjusting sell orders upward to catch the swings.  It was crazy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't even know what to do. I don't want to sell anything, I have no idea what to buy, I've already average everything down once or twice, and I'm out of juice.

I can't go do anything fun because I want to watch GME after the morning dip.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I just keep looking at the % up for the past month chart.  Still up 50%.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought Walmart and Dollar Tree this morning.  #thingsthatshoulddowellinarecession

With the exception of MVIS, none of my speculative stocks account for more than three percent of my portfolio (MVIS is 6% of it). I'm not buying into any of those again, because averaging down is good if you're certain of a recovery, but with Biden at the helm, I'm really not. I'm not selling, but I'm not buying anymore of them.

View Quote

Can't go wrong with either one of those.

I bought more CGBD, (just declared 10.47% dividend and a .05 special)  have buys in for GLO (9.3%) , FSKR (11.86%) , all longer term income plays.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#15]
AABB up 25% this morning.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
I don't even know what to do. I don't want to sell anything, I have no idea what to buy, I've already average everything down once or twice, and I'm out of juice.

I can't go do anything fun because I want to watch GME after the morning dip.
View Quote

My advice? Get some puts that go out at least a month. It's the only thing keeping me from jumping out a window right now .
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn. Think I’ll log off for the day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Weird. Anyone know why a stocks ticker might not update. FTRPF is OTC but still hasn't updated even once market opened. I've checked multiple places and it just isn't showing at all.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Anything in the works thats gonna prop XSPA back up in the future? lol She has only went down since I bought her 2 weeks ago..
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Climbmadone:
Damn. Think I’ll log off for the day.
View Quote

I closed all my pages.  No reason to watch the blood bath.  Not selling so no reason to stare at the freefall.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Appreciate everyone chiming in on this.  I guess my point wasn't necessarily different accts at different brokers, but instead having multiple portfolios side by side so you can move between them easily.  So, same stocks in all with different price points, strategies, etc.   I have MVIS in all 3, cost basis of 15 in ROTH, 5 in Cash#1 and 8 in Cash#2.  Gives me the option of trading MVIS with no taxable event, Trading MVIS for a gain at different share prices, holding MVIS longer term in one acct while getting out of it in another, etc.

When the GME thing hit at end of Jan, it was crazy because I spent hours non stop going between all 3 accounts and adjusting sell orders upward to catch the swings.  It was crazy.
View Quote

Fidelity allows me to decide which stocks to sell, so I can sell the cheapest or the most expensive. Webull is FIFO, so the oldest are sold. If that's important to you, use a brokerage that lets you decide, and then your reason for being at different places goes away.

If your way works for you then great. If not, then try to keep the same stock at the same place in the future. Having the same stock spread out would drive me crazy. I have a few that are in different accounts, but they're buy-and-hold stocks, so it isn't that big of a deal. And, as I said, they're in different places because that's where the available funds were when I had a good opportunity to buy more.

But again, whatever works for you, keep doing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Are people just not trading some stocks today?

The volume on ATAO and SXOOF look way lower than usual.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:
Anything in the works thats gonna prop XSPA back up in the future? lol She has only went down since I bought her 2 weeks ago..
View Quote

No it's a nail salon at airports. wtf people keep buying this BS.
There were trying to get on the covid testing train at airports months ago but now there is a cure.
Back to doing handjobs on the side they go
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

No it's a nail salon at airports. wtf people keep buying this BS.
There were trying to get on the covid testing train at airports months ago but now there is a cure.
Back to doing handjobs on the side they go
View Quote

Fuuuk lol.. I hate selling at a loss.. but hell she only keeps going down
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I can't even imagine what the media would be saying about the economy if this was during a Trump presidency.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#26]
This thing breaks 309 then we can kiss the baby.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:28:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By torstin:
I can't even imagine what the media would be saying about the economy if this was during a Trump presidency.
View Quote

SPEARHEADING AN INSURRECTION ON THE FINANCIAL MARKETS! PEACH MINNNNNTS!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Wut?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Wut?
View All Quotes

Wut?

He's talking about the thing.  If it breaks 309, then we can proceed to kissing babies
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Well just filled one put orders to sell. Now its on guys.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:32:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 58Teague] [#31]

He's talking about the thing.  If it breaks 309, then we can proceed to kissing babies
View All Quotes

Wut?

Ayup

Edit: I have know idea what we're talking about Go stonks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Wut?
View Quote

Never saw Stir Crazy I take it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#33]
In the face of all this downerism, I did the only responsible thing I could think of, throw more money at my account.
Might take a few days to clear so now we wait.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:35:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UTex86] [#34]
MVIS buy order executed at $14.20

Next one set at $12.42

Sell orders set starting at $60
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:35:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EvoXGunner] [#35]
309 is the last resistance that it broke thru back in beginning of this month from the previous low.

ETA: now its gonna be the new support for the day, I believe.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#36]
309 is the last resistance that it broke thru back in beginning of this month from the previous low.
View Quote

That what broke through?

Context is useful in giant multi page threads.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#37]
So if the NASDAQ drops below 13,000.....that's a bad thing right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#38]

That what broke through?

Context is useful in giant multi page threads.
View Quote

Sorry, the DIA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#39]
So if the NASDAQ drops below 13,000.....that's a bad thing right?
View Quote

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#40]
https://youtu.be/-FU65KX7aJs

Kiss the baby.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#41]
WTT 420 round can of XM855 on stripper clips for 25 shares of MVIS
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:
https://youtu.be/-FU65KX7aJs

Kiss the baby.
View Quote

Holy shit they don't make em like that anymore.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#43]
If it makes y'all feel any better, LAZR and VLDR are getting killed too.

And once MVIS M/A is announced they will be left in the rearview mirror
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#44]
If you're seriously uptight about your investments, log off and take a break.

The only reason to sell is if the fundamentals - the reason you bought - have changed, or you absolutely can't handle the stress...in which case you're either over-committed or need to find a new hobby. Or both. That's one of the big problems with these boards, they really amplify emotions. Go look at VLDR and LAZR, this is the sector moving in lockstep, not a single stock hitting an iceberg.

We had this exact same reaction on the correction from $9.27 down to $5.21, and it took over a week to play out. Jimmy Stewart gave the best investing advice ever, once. He said, "Potter isn't selling, he's buying! Why? Because we're panicking, and he's not."

I rounded up yesterday. Today I'm sipping my coffee and watching the second day of a beautiful snowstorm.

My investment advisors (pictured) are napping peacefully by the fire, so I'm pretty sure this too shall pass.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I thought there would be a lot more movement on GME and AMC today.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
I thought there would be a lot more movement on GME and AMC today.
View Quote

Yesterday it was a fight until after 11am.

I wasn't home when it peaked....naturally.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

The only reason to sell is if the fundamentals - the reason you bought - have changed, or you absolutely can't handle the stress...in which case you're either over-committed or need to find a new hobby. Or both. That's one of the big problems with these boards, they really amplify emotions. Go look at VLDR and LAZR, this is the sector moving in lockstep, not a single stock hitting an iceberg.

We had this exact same reaction on the correction from $9.27 down to $5.21, and it took over a week to play out. Jimmy Stewart gave the best investing advice ever, once. He said, "Potter isn't selling, he's buying! Why? Because we're panicking, and he's not."

I rounded up yesterday. Today I'm sipping my coffee and watching the second day of a beautiful snowstorm.

My investment advisors (pictured) are napping peacefully by the fire, so I'm pretty sure this too shall pass.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457055/Doggie-1842128.jpg

View Quote

I need a dog.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:53:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jb31] [#48]
Are people just not trading some stocks today?

The volume on ATAO and SXOOF look way lower than usual.
View Quote

I did more DD and am buying more sexy oof.  Again, Pelosi is not the CEO or Pres, but the CEO of a subsidiary that is handling their green energy projects, but that's no big deal.  Check this article out.

sexy oof
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By nisa715:
Looks like I might be able to buy MVIS close to where some of you bought it before. Too bad I already bought some at $19.
View Quote

I bought some yesterday at $16.10, then sold today at $16 for a 10 cent loss per share.  I figure I dont have much in it so if I can get out for a small loss and buy in much lower, its worth the risk of missing out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457055/Doggie-1842128.jpg

View Quote

This thread needed puppies!!  
Page / 1688
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top