Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1688
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bassman2:
HOLD on this - go do some reading on where they're at and the efficacy of their drug.  Literally any day now for their phase 3 trial results, which will lead to EUA from FDA. IMO it's going to POP biggly.  My money is where my mouth is. 377k invested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Did anyone buy CYDY a while back?  It was doing great for a while, but lately hasn't been doing so good.
HOLD on this - go do some reading on where they're at and the efficacy of their drug.  Literally any day now for their phase 3 trial results, which will lead to EUA from FDA. IMO it's going to POP biggly.  My money is where my mouth is. 377k invested.

I plan to get in on this - thanks for the reference.  And, 377K?  You have my respect!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
AUPH anyone?

Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc's (NASDAQ: AUPH) voclosporin in combination with a background immunosuppressive therapy regimen was also approved by the agency to treat adult patients with active lupus nephritis.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:03:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey] [#3]
nvm
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RASuperlight] [#4]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I plan to get in on this - thanks for the reference.  And, 377K?  You have my respect!
View All Quotes
Did anyone buy CYDY a while back?  It was doing great for a while, but lately hasn't been doing so good.

I tried to get in on this cydy on Friday but missed by a few pennies 😔
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOldRepublic] [#5]
Check out TSNP soon to be HMBL.

Pay app that is going live in 40 countries in February.
current price is 0.35 a share. after doing my DD

I have a good feeling about this stock.

Eta edited ticker
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
AUPH anyone?

Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc's (NASDAQ: AUPH) voclosporin in combination with a background immunosuppressive therapy regimen was also approved by the agency to treat adult patients with active lupus nephritis.
View Quote

Pharma, and $14 a share...that's a no from me dawg.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RASuperlight:

View All Quotes

Why is Etrade wanting to charge a commision on this stock when they have not been on MVIS or even ZOM?

Different market?

The penny stocks like BBRW I get.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

Why is Etrade wanting to charge a commision on this stock when they have not been on MVIS or even ZOM?

Different market?

View All Quotes

Different market?

TD does the same thing. These stocks aren’t listed on the normals market. Haven’t figured it out yet but did find this:

“TD Ameritrade and its subsidiary - Thinkorswim - do NOT have additional fees and surcharges on stocks priced under $1. At both brokerage houses to penny stock orders applies flat-rate commission rate of $0 per trade if stock is listed in on a U.S. exchange regardless of a stock price or a number of shares. For stocks not listed on a U.S. exchange, also known as OTC stocks, $6.95 commission applies. If you want $0-commission OTC stock trades, then we suggest using Firstrade. “
Source: https://www.brokerage-review.com/discount-broker/pennystocks/ameritrade-pennystocks.aspx
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:39:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikkojay] [#9]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:

Eta edited ticker
View Quote

It was .30 when I mentioned it on page 208 of this thread

I got in at .17 for 55k shares and I am going long on this one.
I mentioned it on the discord stonks page on 1-12 the day I bought in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CamelPatriot:
Any of you guys get into BB early?
View Quote

I bought 1500 shares at 6.60 on 1-5 after reading this article:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/01/05/blackberry-is-the-turnaround-story-of-2020/

Motley fool has some pretty good insights.
I had already been playing with some "high roller" OTC's such as ZOM, and wanted something tied to a more familiar/old company.
Got lucky and was in the right place at the right time, I am far from savvy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Eta edited ticker
View Quote

Not on RH
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#12]
So does GME still have room to bounce off the limit meter again this week?

Or is it going to crash and burn?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

Not on RH
View All Quotes

Eta edited ticker

Not on RH

Has nothing to do with the fundamentals, but I’ve learned this is even more important for a stock price. Haha
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

View Quote

It's something I've spent much more time thinking about than usual this weekend. I don't think anyone knows. But there are many that will tell you things are just getting started. There is still a large short interest in the stock and the recent price increase looks to be driven primarily by options trades. When the short position folks need actual shares to cover, the price could increase dramatically. There are only 70m outstanding shares.

Have you been following the trading thesis details beyond the basic rapid price increase?

PersonalIy, I will likely put a buy order in tonight for premarket tomorrow morning. I'm undecided on my target price at this point and will try to resolve over the next 24 hours or so and edit the order as necessary.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Different market?

View All Quotes

Different market?

It's traded on the OTC Market.   Brokers still charge commissions on some trades.  If something is traded via ADRs, they they still do that such as IMBBY.  (American Depository Receipt)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:39:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#16]

View Quote

Bounce big time.  This time I am ready for it.  Last time I didn't have a plan to get out which is rule #1 before getting in.   It was like trying to catch a tornado

I think the bounce on FRI was not a short squeeze, it was market makers buying back shares to cover calls they wrote earlier.   When these calls settle  on Tuesday market makers will have to deliver a huge number of shares  maybe 10 - 15 million.   So this has at least a couple of more days if not longer.
 One big time short - Melivin, actually secured more capital  so they could stay in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:
AUPH anyone?

Only reason I look at it is recent FDA approval on a Lupus drug and it could bounce up.  I would get it for a short term trade.   It might be the right time to catch it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Bounce big time.  This time I am ready for it.  Last time I didn't have a plan to get out which is rule #1 before getting in.   It was like trying to catch a tornado
View All Quotes

I don't think I have any day trades available until Tuesday, otherwise I would put orders in tomorrow morning for pre-market.

Seems silly to get lock out for 90 days on one move though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Cup and handle
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#20]

I don't think I have any day trades available until Tuesday, otherwise I would put orders in tomorrow morning for pre-market.

View All Quotes

Yep that sucks.  Are you holding anything you could sell?  Usually these funds are available for trading right away.  It would have to make sense, don't want to sell something unless you would sell it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
I am not getting into any movie theater stock.  Yeah, the Covid crap is winding down, but how many people are going to not really go back to the theaters much now that their habits are broken?
Maybe they bought that big TV they've been wanting while they were in lockdown....
View Quote
I dumped all my Cinemark and CCL at a loss, managed to dump LUV on an upswing and broke even, months ago and bought MVIS.
Why hold on to diminishing funds for a fantasy future profit when you can just dump it into the good stuff and start earning immediately?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TrippEd36:
That and alot of the Studios have started offering movies on their platforms the day it would come out in the theater. so the guy with the new TV and sound system may not take the family out any time soon....
View Quote
When they pushed Top Gun II and Ghostbusters back 2-3 times, the writing was on the wall regarding what the movie makers were seeing in the tea leaves.  Literally the only two movies I have any interest in seeing at theaters in the past 20 years (and probably the next 20).
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I wish I knew.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
When they pushed Top Gun II and Ghostbusters back 2-3 times, the writing was on the wall regarding what the movie makers were seeing in the tea leaves.  Literally the only two movies I have any interest in seeing at theaters in the past 20 years (and probably the next 20).
View Quote

But is AMC getting setup for a short squeeze?  53% of float is already short.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#25]
What's the upside on BB? One of my personal general speculation rules is not to buy-in on something that's near/at its 52 week high.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

View All Quotes

The more I look into AMC the more I'm not sure I want to buy-in just yet. Seems like it has some room to run but with movies getting pushed to the fall it seems like it has a high chance to drop too, especially around the end of Feb when its earnings come out.

Of course I don't play around with shorts/options too much yet and god only knows what irrational exuberance from robinhood, WSB, and stocktwits would do in the meantime. I think I'm going to stick this in my back pocket until the next quarterly earnings and re-evaluate. I've got so many other things to buy into at this point or I'm long in I don't even bother taking a risk if anything doesn't just feel absolutely right to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:38:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#27]
Thx for bringing AMC to your attention. May go in for a couple hundred long shares. Why did they drop so much after Q1 of 2017? Price took a big plummet.

I don't think movie theaters are ever going away. They're are a bunch of kids itching for something to do. Looking for a place to go hang out and who doesn't miss the butter slathered popcorn?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Yep that sucks.  Are you holding anything you could sell?  Usually these funds are available for trading right away.  It would have to make sense, don't want to sell something unless you would sell it anyway.
View All Quotes

I could move some stuff in the pre market no problem. I just don't want to put any money into GME if I can't set either a stop loss or a limit sell that could potentially execute that same day. If it corrects itself rapidly and I can't move it without taking a 90 day lock, then I'm fucked for 3 month.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TrippEd36:
That and alot of the Studios have started offering movies on their platforms the day it would come out in the theater. so the guy with the new TV and sound system may not take the family out any time soon....

Agreed, not much in the last few years I have gone to the theater to see. Well there was that RiffTracks version of Starship Troopers...lol

It won't be long and the blue ray, CD, and other hard media forms will fade away as it transitions to a downloaded format if you want to buy it for offline viewing or can watch it in their App.
Digital storage is continuously getting better, smaller and faster. New video formats are able to provide higher quality in a smaller file then MP4 making it even easier to download a movie and not loose video quality.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#30]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Thx for bringing AMC to your attention. May go in for a couple hundred long shares. Why did they drop so much after Q1 of 2017? Price took a big plummet.

I don't think movie theaters are ever going away. They're are a bunch of kids itching for something to do. Looking for a place to go hang out and who doesn't miss the butter slathered popcorn?
View Quote

Beyond covid, it's probably a good idea to look at it from a cultural perspective. The Hollywood elite did themselves no favors with their voracious attention-whoring, posting tweets of the privations of their mega-mansions during the quarantine. It was completely tone deaf, and pissed off no end of people. Their vacuous, self-aggrandizing award shows were already dropping off the edge of the world (thank you, Ricky Gervais), and now we're being bombarded with SJW remakes of classics that take a very preachy tone - and that violates one of cardinal rules of movie making.

The kids will get dropped off, no doubt, but I don't see their parents coming back for quite a long time, if ever.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#31]

I could move some stuff in the pre market no problem. I just don't want to put any money into GME if I can't set either a stop loss or a limit sell that could potentially execute that same day. If it corrects itself rapidly and I can't move it without taking a 90 day lock, then I'm fucked for 3 month.
View Quote

Have you been locked before?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Movie theaters are going away.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

No, but I would rather not risk it.

I think I found out why it wasn't counting as cash trades in RH, it took them well over a week to pull the money each time you deposit and they just credit your account while you wait.

I don't have any pending deposits now, but with my luck I would still get locked out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

This may indeed get pumped, but long term you're going to end up holding a big old bag.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

This may indeed get pumped, but long term you're going to end up holding a big old bag.
View All Quotes

Yep. And no popcorn.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Layer60:

Movie theaters are going away.
View Quote
Mid 2020 there was talk that Amazon had a possible interest in AMC takeover. I think the idea was that the theaters could somehow become a benefit of Prime membership.

Haven't heard much about it since. Stock price at the time was about 2x the current price though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#37]

No, but I would rather not risk it.

I think I found out why it wasn't counting as cash trades in RH, it took them well over a week to pull the money each time you deposit and they just credit your account while you wait.

I don't have any pending deposits now, but with my luck I would still get locked out.
View Quote

With TD you can just call and get it unlocked and promise never to do it again. But they will still let you do it like 4 times more.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Not on RH
View Quote
almost nothing in the last 2 pages here is on RH :(
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slappomatt:

Not on RH

Probably not a terrible thing for the casual investor though.

The chance of a stock listed on RH completely tanking overnight is pretty low, so risk is a lot lower.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:49:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riflenoob] [#40]
Losing my mind about GME this weekend.

For the $1000 of fun money I now have sent to
RobinHood, I am happy losing 100% of it or making money on it. But after I sell my GME I am sticking 25% in savings to pay taxes on profits and going back to offline hobbies, this stress is not worth it for me.

Sure would be nice if it rocketed and I could add a nice SeekOutside tent and a Tudor watch to my other hobbies, but I’m not going to lose sleep over it if it doesn’t and I lost a lot of sleep since I bought in last Tuesday AM at 40.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I dumped all my Cinemark and CCL at a loss, managed to dump LUV on an upswing and broke even, months ago and bought MVIS.
Why hold on to diminishing funds for a fantasy future profit when you can just dump it into the good stuff and start earning immediately?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
I am not getting into any movie theater stock.  Yeah, the Covid crap is winding down, but how many people are going to not really go back to the theaters much now that their habits are broken?
Maybe they bought that big TV they've been wanting while they were in lockdown....

Because both my CNK and AMC are up over 50%?  It's almost a no brainer they will keep rising as lockdowns end.

After lockdowns are gone?  No clue, but I'll ride that profit train for a few more months at least
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Beyond covid, it's probably a good idea to look at it from a cultural perspective. The Hollywood elite did themselves no favors with their voracious attention-whoring, posting tweets of the privations of their mega-mansions during the quarantine. It was completely tone deaf, and pissed off no end of people. Their vacuous, self-aggrandizing award shows were already dropping off the edge of the world (thank you, Ricky Gervais), and now we're being bombarded with SJW remakes of classics that take a very preachy tone - and that violates one of cardinal rules of movie making.

The kids will get dropped off, no doubt, but I don't see their parents coming back for quite a long time, if ever.
View Quote
I'm not sure anyone under 35 gives a shit.  They still worship their pop idols.  One differnce is their idols aren't tv stars (and to lesser extent movie stars), but rather youtube and music.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Because both my CNK and AMC are up over 50%?  It's almost a no brainer they will keep rising as lockdowns end.

After lockdowns are gone?  No clue, but I'll ride that profit train for a few more months at least
View Quote
I got in a little late, when it had partially recovered.  Also, I traded it for MVIS when it was $1.00-2.50 range, so I did pretty ok there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Okay, this is good fun. Bloomberg article:

Microcap ETFs shunned as reddit robinhood feed retail addiction

Interesting because dead-center in the article is a chart titled "Pumped Up: Retail traders take small cap health stocks for a spin"

You have to look closely to find the title of this particular "health stock"...it's Zomedica
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
My Brother-In-Law turned me on to them. It's been giving me heartburn. Finally in the black with it again. Someone he knows has been buying boat-loads of it. He thinks it will take off.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Yep, short term calls for me only.

Just had a 75" 4k HDR TV delivered to my house for less than $750.  No more fake butter popcorn and assholes talking through the movie for me.

Theaters in general were on death watch prior to covid to begin with, notwithstanding super hero movies and endless star whores-time-to-monitize-all-the-things.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Only reason I look at it is recent FDA approval on a Lupus drug and it could bounce up.  I would get it for a short term trade.   It might be the right time to catch it.
View Quote

This drug is a big deal and a homerun.   I have been in this stock for a few years waiting for FDA approval.   This drug will save many lives and they've finally hit FDA approval after a long process.  It's not easy to drug trial a drug like Voclosporin as many in the trial were taking this as part of a last resort before permanent kidney failure.  It did really well paired with Cellcept compared with the placebo of traditional treatment with Cellcept only.  Cellcept is a dangerous organ rejection drug and not FDA approved for treatment of Lupus but doctors prescribe it because the only other alternative is cancer drugs.

Given this is a lifesaving drug it will command a premium and it's a drug people have to take for years.  It will probably go into follow on trials as a maintenance drug to prevent future Lupus flares.   There may also be future trials to see of it can be used without Cellcept or safer doses.

You really can't lose investing in AUPH as they will have a monopoly with no alternatives on the horizon.   I expect them to be acquired.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mikkojay:

What are you using to trade this, not avaialble on RH or WeBull. Looks like I might have to open a 3rd trading account
View All Quotes

Eta edited ticker

What are you using to trade this, not avaialble on RH or WeBull. Looks like I might have to open a 3rd trading account

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:

Eta edited ticker

I have a TD Ameritrade account, and I use the mobile app primarily.
They have a PC app called thinkorswim that I downloaded recently, but it looks a little over my head without some research & tutorial videos.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#50]
BB might be pumped pretty high imo.
Page / 1688
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top