BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1689
Posted: 4/6/2020 1:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61]
Bored, and want to live dangerously?

Company I've been in for 14 years is in it's death throes...got pounded by the 'Rona. They own a wall of patents on MEMS laser projection and LIDAR, and just signed an agreement with MSFT last week to transfer manufacture of the light engine in Hololens II to a royalty agreement. The next day 50M shares traded...and there are only 150M shares total for the company. Looks now like they were cleaning up for a sale/merger because...

..."MVIS-Today announced it has retained investment banking firm Craig-Hallum Capital Group LLC to serve as its financial advisor as it explores various licensing and other strategic alternatives, including a potential sale or merger of the company."

Selling this morning at .22 to .23 a share. Speculation is rampant about what a sale would bring, because potential suitors include MSFT, Apple, STM, Sony and others. Read this thread carefully to see what's going on!...and don't gamble money you can't afford to lose. A reverse-split is also still  on the table, and those almost always destroy shareholder value*.

ETA: *"destroy shareholder value" is a euphemism for "individual investor loses his shirt".

MVIS retains Craig Hallum

Full disclosure: I hold 30K shares at an .84 ASP. If they sell for a buck a share I make beer money. If it goes for $5 I make Porsche money. Point is, at .23 right now a buck sale will be a three bagger...

UPDATE: CEO just sent out a memo begging shareholders to vote "yes" on the reverse split...heavy implication is they're getting hammered by "no" votes, and the motion won't pass, or is in serious danger.

MVIS Reddit is lighting up. I won't pretend to fully understand the repercussions, but it sure is entertaining. If you have proxy voting rights, please use them and support the vote of no confidence on item 3!

Go here and do some (non-technical) Reddit reading. Emotions running high. Share is up 28% as I type.
Form_defa14a
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
Sure would be nice to have some PR...right about NOW.
View Quote

Indeed.  I just looked for the first time since the market opened, and I immediately looked around for news.  It jumped like there was some, but I don't see anything.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By snakes19:

yeah no news and relatively low volume, just the whole sector having a good week.
View Quote

The movement on low volume is difficult to explain. Hell LAZR is off this morning and their volume is way shittier.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:01:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#3]
Originally Posted By UTex86:
I’ve been out of the loop for a while (just moved from 6000sqft lot suburbia to a few acres in the country), what’s the reason for the rise over the last few days? Has there been any actual developments or is it just trending along with the rest of the market + speculation?

I haven’t even looked at a chart in like 3 weeks
View Quote

Well, the whole LiDAR sector has been moving up for the most part...minus the few little dips and spikes on other LiDAR mfg’s news.  Overall just a general move upward.

EDIT:  wow I was late on that, beat to it.  I wear I didn’t read the other responses, lol.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#4]
DPLS is doing it's morning thing and I have to run to a meeting.  That almost assures it will bounce off .20 and drop to .10 before I get back.  Anyone catch the run on BBRW the last few days?  They are allegedly finalizing a deal to distribute across EU.  https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/evaluate/news/basicNewsStory.jhtml?symbols=BBRW&storyid=202108241025PRIMZONEFULLFEED8314290.  I still have some I kept 30k shares for fun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Muh charts show the next resistance level @ 15.50 but she's having some issues at 15.25, something about a 50 EMA
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

I tried that, he said no.  It was discussed with another member here that had the exact same experience.  

Let us know what he says.
View Quote

may have been me. I explained it to my dad, showed him a few, sent him write ups, nothing. He would rather park everything in municipal bonds.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
MMAT has been having a good run.  I threw a few bucks at it with basically no DD beyond "hey, some people are talking about this one."  Of course, it promptly slid 30% and has been sitting there until the last few days.  But now I'm back even again.  I literally threw maybe $100 at it, so it's small potatoes either way.  Just a few bucks I had floating around in my settlement fund at the time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By UTex86:
I’ve been out of the loop for a while (just moved from 6000sqft lot suburbia to a few acres in the country), what’s the reason for the rise over the last few days? Has there been any actual developments or is it just trending along with the rest of the market + speculation?

I haven’t even looked at a chart in like 3 weeks
View Quote

Being the pessimist, I think the hedgies are letting retail have this late August run so they can bend us over with no lube during September. They're probably selling calls like crazy and then will get back to shorting soon so they don't get assigned. Hope I'm wrong but definitely keeping dry powder at the ready.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

may have been me. I explained it to my dad, showed him a few, sent him write ups, nothing. He would rather park everything in municipal bonds.
View Quote

Municipal bonds, Ted.  I'm talking AA ratings....
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]

You have a time machine handy that I can borrow for a few minutes?
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Muh charts show the next resistance level @ 15.50 but she's having some issues at 15.25, something about a 50 EMA
View Quote

There are a few MA there.  Going to have a hard time getting on top of them without some good PR.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Damn that would have been nice.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I would've put more money in NVDA.

I've been reading a ton of financial books.  One of the ideas that I've been putting together based on a number of different books/articles is that you shouldn't catch falling knives and that you should ride your winners.

Another article I saw looked at historical data and they noted that most people hold their losers far too long and get out of their winners.

Just throwing out thoughts and ideas for discussion.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
MMAT has been having a good run.  I threw a few bucks at it with basically no DD beyond "hey, some people are talking about this one."  Of course, it promptly slid 30% and has been sitting there until the last few days.  But now I'm back even again.  I literally threw maybe $100 at it, so it's small potatoes either way.  Just a few bucks I had floating around in my settlement fund at the time.
View Quote

Sitting on 800 shares at 3.12 pps and not really sure what to do with it. Sold calls on 200 shares. Might sell two more calls but want to keep at least half if it keeps running up. Don't want to get BSQR'ed! I think the only reason I bought it is because your lone post from weeks ago
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

There are a few MA there.  Going to have a hard time getting on top of them without some good PR.
View Quote

I'd give my left nut for some volume right now.

One would think MVIS would PR their 4 levels of LRL sensors before the show.
Or the Sharp MicroHUD, for which the contract was extended but no revenue has ever showed on the books.

Maybe today after the bell - and thru 15.50 she's gone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
I wish I would've put more money in NVDA.

I've been reading a ton of financial books.  One of the ideas that I've been putting together based on a number of different books/articles is that you shouldn't catch falling knives and that you should ride your winners.

Another article I saw looked at historical data and they noted that most people hold their losers far too long and get out of their winners.

Just throwing out thoughts and ideas for discussion.
View Quote

This happens with a lot of people.  Throwing good money after bad, with the rationality that it will come back at some point.  But sometimes it never does, or maybe it does but takes months/years which means you got all this money tied up not working for you.  And no one can ever time the bottom, so why try to buy on the way down.

Thinking in terms of "Buy high and sell higher", instead of "buy low and sell high", can really change your perspective on trading.  I'd rather get in on the upswing and jump off, then get in when its "low" and hope it eventually comes back up.  Reading the charts can help with this.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I feel like I'm missing something with Mavis.  She just hit 15.75.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Said it before, she moves with the Meme stocks.  They crushed yesterday and most are up again today.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I keep thinking the day traders are going to start selling at any minute.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#21]

You should have seen it early this AM. Nuts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I sold my AMC before the earnings call a couple of weeks ago
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Go NSAV !!! Go GME !!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#24]
AMC

GME

TO-THE-MOON
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:40:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#25]
Originally Posted By captnstabn:

Said it before, she moves with the Meme stocks.  They crushed yesterday and most are up again today.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By captnstabn:

Originally Posted By walther1978:
AMC
GME
TO-THE-MOON

You may be onto something there, Stabby.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#26]

I keep thinking the day traders are going to start selling at any minute.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#27]
MVIS peak and fallback looks VERY similar to GME and AMC's today
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#28]

https://c.tenor.com/t-HwcppUVWAAAAAC/shit.gif
View Quote

You could see it coming. Volume kick was nice, however MVIS volume has been off for a month or more.
Shares to borrow on IBKR went down ~500k and the automatron trader bots knew to wait for the day trader dip and pile on.

It has all day to work back, we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Well, I definitely should have gone balls deep on SAVA calls this morning.  9/3 $90 strike were at 7.50 ea, now 14.50.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 10:54:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#30]

You could see it coming. Volume kick was nice, however MVIS volume has been off for a month or more.
Shares to borrow on IBKR went down ~500k and the automatron trader bots knew to wait for the day trader dip and pile on.

View All Quotes

https://c.tenor.com/t-HwcppUVWAAAAAC/shit.gif

I was actually thinking the same thing right before I read your post and had to agree.  Just a gut feeling.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Did you guys see this news this morning? It popped up in my feed because of MVIS...took a while to actually find a reference to MVIS but deep into the article there is a reference:
"Microvision (NASDAQ:MVIS), for example, went from $13.14 at close on April 22 to over $30 on April 26 during the pre-market rally. Today, it’s closing around $13 again as tech stocks have once again fallen. Microvision’s price is rumored to reach $60 or more when the market returns to normal. This is just one of the many stocks that have felt it."

Battle Approved Motors (BAM) quickly hit $900,000 during its 1st round of funding, leaving little time for investors to “get in” before the close. In fact, the company is closing in on 90% of its goal, seeking just $1.07 million before closing out this early Round, so investors will need to act swiftly if they don’t want to miss out.
Imagine hearing, “If I would have gotten into Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) or Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) way back when — I would already be a millionaire by now!” At just $0.26 per share, Battle Approved Motors is one of those rare opportunities an investor should feel the fear of missing out (FOMO). 
When the opportunity is gone, it’s gone. So, it’s essential to know what this brand is about. 

Why Invest in Battle Approved Motors?

With double the horsepower than the fastest utility vehicle (UTV) on the market, BAM’s high-powered line of luxury UTVs takes off-roading to the extreme. In fact, it’s said that BAM itself will be considered one of the “fastest, most powerful utility vehicles on the market” — that is, once it hits the market.
Minus the upgraded rotating doors, these vehicles are as sexy as a sports car, clean like a Tesla and capable of quickly accelerating to top speeds, just like a Porsche (OTC:POAHY).
BAM UTVs are superslick vehicles that run on electric. They’re perfect for glamping and fun to spin out or explore the outdoors. Using touchscreen technologies, its dashboard is something from out of a movie. They come pre-designed with custom roll cages, chassis and other aftermarket parts.
The company, currently valued at $6.29 million, was listed in StartEngine in October 2020. And, within just 3 days, It quickly exceeded its original goal. The listing was then put on hold. And, a month later, BAM went live again — this time with a much higher limit. The momentum picked right back up, and the company shot closer to the finish line. With more than 1,200 investors, there’s a clear and present demand for this vehicle in the market.
The UTV market is currently valued at about $6 billion and is estimated to grow with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% through 2025. As more people take to RVing and other recreational outdoor activities, this number is likely to rise. Battle Approved Motors is one of the 1st high-end elite UTVs and is currently an early-stage startup within the manufacturing, testing and validation phases.

How Battle Approved Motors Beat a Trend in Volatility
As we have seen in recent months, stocks for electric vehicles, materials and parts have been quite volatile, to say the least. Much of this is directly related to inflation, the economy and a shortage in semiconductor materials. Some say crypto may be to blame, as retail investors have been more apprehensive. We have seen days where stocks fall “right off the edge,” then we see days where they “rocket to the moon.” 
Microvision (NASDAQ:MVIS), for example, went from $13.14 at close on April 22 to over $30 on April 26 during the pre-market rally. Today, it’s closing around $13 again as tech stocks have once again fallen. Microvision’s price is rumored to reach $60 or more when the market returns to normal. This is just one of the many stocks that have felt it. And, somehow, BAM found a way to avoid the economic downturn and volatility. 
BAM has seen continued interest as early investors line up. With the stock priced so low and the product that good, everyone has got to have it. Forget the new infrastructure bill and the race to create semiconductors at home, these UTVs are ready to roll and as BAM says, “rolling to the future!”

How Will You Find Power if you are Off-Grid?

Some investors may seem a little apprehensive about mixing off-grid and electric. But, the folks at Battle Approved Motors have already thought of that. 
The Edison Electric Institute estimates 18 million electric vehicles (EVs) will be on U.S. roads by 2030. As a result, EV companies are literally joining forces to overhaul our current electric grid. Companies like FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE), for example, and its subsidiaries are pledging to bring electric charging stations to places they’ve never been — this includes rural areas and locations generally considered off-grid.
The Electric Highway Coalition is one group of organizations committed to doing this. The group was formed in March 2021 and includes many of the nation's leading utilities in 29 states and the District of Columbia. It currently has 14 member groups in the Northeast alone. 
Many states are establishing their own EV pilot programs and interconnecting these interstate territories over the next few years. Potomac Edison, for example, began installing direct-current fast chargers (DCFC) throughout Maryland earlier this year.
By doing this, many companies are working tirelessly to power a network of EV fast-charging stations, which will connect across major highway and roadway systems. So, technically, it won’t be hard to find a station even while off the road. 
Battle Approved Motors, however, waits on no one and will instead be releasing its proprietary electric off-grid trailers with more information later this year.

Custom-Designed for Speed and Safety
While BAM makes it clear that it chooses quality over performance, it’s safe to say that this particular line of UTVs doesn’t lack in either area, as electric brings that added performance out the gate. 
When compared to other UTVs and EVs on the market, CEO and Founder Chris James has this to say, “Ours are safer and much faster. Are they double the money? Yes. But, do you really want a cheaply made vehicle to drive? While our UTVs may come with a higher price, drivers may actually spend less money on upgrades over time.” 
“We’re also not in the tricycle business,” James states, in relation to the three-wheeled vehicles emerging into the market. ”Now, if we were to do a more affordable vehicle down the line, it would likely be an electric ATV. I love ATVs and that would fit nicely in our portfolio.” 
He continues to tell Benzinga why he chose this route, “instead of customizing your vehicle, ours are built with upgraded parts that you would have chosen, otherwise. It takes time to build a quality vehicle. And, ours will come out of the box and race-ready if so desired.”
These vehicles are mean, green and not as bad as burning coal, gas or diesel.

Created and Inspired by a Team of Young Racers

In early 2015, James and his film team began producing an extreme sports film called Mod Kids USA for Prime Video, which documented the lives of an elite class of youngsters who race mini off-road trucks called mod karts.
In 2017, UTVs started to encroach on short-course racing and began growing in popularity, being more affordable than trucks. The problem that began, however, was when those racers turned 16, they would be forced to leave the class. And if they wanted to continue racing, they’d be required to upgrade to a larger truck class — which could cost close to a quarter of a million dollars — or, they could race a UTV, which didn’t perform as well by design.
In 2018, the idea of Battle Approved Motors came to life. Since then, the company has teamed up with several professional drivers, athletes and lifestyle brands industrywide.
Garnering feedback from the experts, they began to develop a super e-lite race model, expected in late 2022. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By skydive70:
Did you guys see this news this morning? It popped up in my feed because of MVIS...took a while to actually find a reference to MVIS but deep into the article there is a reference:
"Microvision (NASDAQ:MVIS), for example, went from $13.14 at close on April 22 to over $30 on April 26 during the pre-market rally. Today, it's closing around $13 again as tech stocks have once again fallen. Microvision's price is rumored to reach $60 or more when the market returns to normal. This is just one of the many stocks that have felt it."
View Quote

It got posted a couple of pages back.  It seems...dubious.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#33]

I was actually thinking the same thing right before I read your post and had to agree.  Just a gut feeling.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Especially since BAM isn't even their ticker.

That reads like a cheesy ad and for no reason at all mentions MVIS.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

No need. Someone page dickface and tell him shares are available to short... lol, muh sharts!
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

No need. Someone page dickface and tell him shares are available to short... lol, muh sharts!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

We’ve GOT to use that on him when he pays a visit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:32:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#37]

And now she's back up.  Maybe we can call that dip 'consolidation'...

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#38]
ZOM to the moon? Was really hoping to get in sub 50c
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:39:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skydive70] [#39]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:

View All Quotes

That's what I thought too when it came into my MVIS feed.

ETA: spelling
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#40]
That's what I thought to when it came into my MVIS feed.
View All Quotes

I wonder if some people are putting mention of popular stocks in their articles just to get them to appear in news feeds for those stocks, which would generate more clicks for them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Well ZOM has been moving in the right direction lately for those still in that POS.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

She can bounce all day as far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:46:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#43]

I wonder if some people are putting mention of popular stocks in their articles just to get them to appear in news feeds for those stocks, which would generate more clicks for them.
View All Quotes

That's exactly what's happening.

We do something similar with blogs that my company creates.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes

She can bounce all day as far as I'm concerned.

https://media.giphy.com/media/WDUAcX8DQwVpK/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v2d7vyeetzbf7cckounsju8bwbugjc8rkp8godpr&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#45]
This song is dedicated to Ms. Mavis:

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Mavis @ $16.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I love that gif so much.  The first time I saw it, I was in love.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TW200:
Mavis @ $16.
View Quote

That'll probably trigger some selling.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#50]

I love that gif so much.  The first time I saw it, I was in love.
View Quote

Gravity defying! Love the shimmy!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1689
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top