BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1690
Posted: 4/6/2020 1:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61]
Bored, and want to live dangerously?

Company I've been in for 14 years is in it's death throes...got pounded by the 'Rona. They own a wall of patents on MEMS laser projection and LIDAR, and just signed an agreement with MSFT last week to transfer manufacture of the light engine in Hololens II to a royalty agreement. The next day 50M shares traded...and there are only 150M shares total for the company. Looks now like they were cleaning up for a sale/merger because...

..."MVIS-Today announced it has retained investment banking firm Craig-Hallum Capital Group LLC to serve as its financial advisor as it explores various licensing and other strategic alternatives, including a potential sale or merger of the company."

Selling this morning at .22 to .23 a share. Speculation is rampant about what a sale would bring, because potential suitors include MSFT, Apple, STM, Sony and others. Read this thread carefully to see what's going on!...and don't gamble money you can't afford to lose. A reverse-split is also still  on the table, and those almost always destroy shareholder value*.

ETA: *"destroy shareholder value" is a euphemism for "individual investor loses his shirt".

MVIS retains Craig Hallum

Full disclosure: I hold 30K shares at an .84 ASP. If they sell for a buck a share I make beer money. If it goes for $5 I make Porsche money. Point is, at .23 right now a buck sale will be a three bagger...

UPDATE: CEO just sent out a memo begging shareholders to vote "yes" on the reverse split...heavy implication is they're getting hammered by "no" votes, and the motion won't pass, or is in serious danger.

MVIS Reddit is lighting up. I won't pretend to fully understand the repercussions, but it sure is entertaining. If you have proxy voting rights, please use them and support the vote of no confidence on item 3!

Go here and do some (non-technical) Reddit reading. Emotions running high. Share is up 28% as I type.
Form_defa14a
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
AMC might break 5 today.

@Kaik

Since no one listened to you last time, how do you think the AMC squeeze will play out over the next few weeks or months?
View Quote

Probably months.  

If wallstreet bets takes Gamestop money to it, sooner.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
DeepFuckingValue on WSB is worth about $35M right now
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By IL2windhawk:
View Quote

And it should be long term tax rate since he started buying in 2019
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to admit, the FOMO is getting me bad right now.

I realize that when this ride is over it's going to be like driving a semi truck fully loaded 100 mph into a bridge abutment, but I still want in.
View Quote

When the investors finally let the shorts go the stock is going to tank so fast.  Hopefully they let it calm down first so the puts are affordable.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#5]
Maybe a lot sooner.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

At some point even the most die hard Wall Street Bets reader will take profit on GME
The next most talked about ticker there is BB. Up only 3% post market but I see a double within 2 months
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm buying back in tomorrow.

ATOS tanked on me, should have sold the whole wad yesterday instead of holding some back. I'll probably drop some of that, grab AMC again and then continue to watch the mania that is GME.

I'm trying to be a little practical with my buys, it's fun to do these crazy ones when it works out. My long holds are TAHN, TMDI, WWR

TRCH i've been holding, they have a merger coming up, I'll probably see what that does to it and then get rid of that.

AMC I'll do like I did with GME today, grab some during the morning sell off, then hope all hell breaks loose mid day.

At some point even the most die hard Wall Street Bets reader will take profit on GME
The next most talked about ticker there is BB. Up only 3% post market but I see a double within 2 months

I'm only playing with a few hundred bucks at a time on stuff that volatile. I don't want to be holding any of the squeeze plays when they tumble out of the atmosphere.

I'm still gonna go back into AMC, flipped for a profit today, hopefully I can do the same tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol $6 now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I dumped all my shit into AMC @ 5.68
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
GME is up almost 100$ after hours.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrippEd36] [#11]
Well this is new and interesting.

WWR, Westwater Resources, Inc, mines lithium, uranium and graphite.

I bought some this morning at 6.70 for a long term Biden play.

It just bolted to over $8, I guess I got super lucky with my timing.

Edit: It's fucking flying towards $9.
View Quote

They sold all their Uranium holdings a few months ago to another company called ENCUF (Encore Energy) ENCUF is becoming the largest holder of Uranium mining operations in the USA.  

Been holding their stock since they took over Alabama Graphite a couple years ago acquiring the Caloosa play.

Lots of good potential in this company.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Fidelity shows a $50.00 foreign trade fee on SXOOF and I didn't get my order in today.  I'll jump in tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck it, jumped back into AMC tonight, who the hell knows what it's going to look like tomorrow.

Can't execute a day trade to replace my TMDI shares, but I'm sure that's not going to spike overnight, it's a long hold, I'll just get back in tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View Quote

They talk about holding to 1000 but my guess anywhere near $300 it will a rush to cash out.

The AMC bump may be a shift of some profits for the crowd.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

I'm buying back in tomorrow.

ATOS tanked on me, should have sold the whole wad yesterday instead of holding some back. I'll probably drop some of that, grab AMC again and then continue to watch the mania that is GME.

I'm trying to be a little practical with my buys, it's fun to do these crazy ones when it works out. My long holds are TAHN, TMDI, WWR

TRCH i've been holding, they have a merger coming up, I'll probably see what that does to it and then get rid of that.

AMC I'll do like I did with GME today, grab some during the morning sell off, then hope all hell breaks loose mid day.

Originally bought in 2012, but my cost basis on BB is about $9, figuring out my exit xD. A couple dozen shares is all. All in various IRA accounts though, so no real gains/cost basis to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stillerfan:

They talk about holding to 1000 but my guess anywhere near $300 it will a rush to cash out.

The AMC bump may be a shift of some profits for the crowd.
View Quote

well that may happen before AF closes!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Some of the shares, maybe, but most of the options were bought much more recently than that...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Anything heavily shorted is getting bought up like CRAZY right now.   Is it the GME guys rotating in, or the actual shorts freaking the fuck out and covering?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Anything heavily shorted is getting bought up like CRAZY right now.   Is it the GME guys rotating in, or the actual shorts freaking the fuck out and covering?
View Quote

Don't know. But my account is going to be up huge if it continues.  

Up 14% again today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, nobody mentioned this is page 223.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Layer60:
GME makes me nauseous. I made about $20k this morning on a quick trade. If I had been ballsy enough to stick it out, I would be up a quarter million for the day.

Ok, make that half a million. I am fucking sick.
View Quote
The Govt would have taken 30%.  So, you deprived the Govt of $200K.

feel better?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Gets harder and harder to not hit the sell on my sweet baby Mavis.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Well at least I got filled on my AMD, RTX, JPM, XOM, COP, CAT, CVS calls. Feel like jumping off the roof not sticking on my GME call.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Fellas this was the most fun this pup has had in a long time!  Selling GME shares for the  last 3 hours, , all in 5 share lots all through the end of the day and after market.  I still have a small handful - not sure how many to keep a hold of.

Quick math gives me a 1948% profit on this transaction so far, not counting yesterday.   How to repeat it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Fellas this was the most fun this pup has had in a long time!  Selling GME shares for the  last 3 hours, , all in 5 share lots all through the end of the day and after market.  I still have a small handful - not sure how many to keep a hold of.

Quick math gives me a 1948% profit on this transaction so far, not counting yesterday.   How to repeat it?
View Quote

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results"

If it was we'd all be billionaires.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Will AMC hit $7???
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

GME could go to 1000$
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:49:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#29]
Originally Posted By rome07jk:
Will AMC hit $7???
View Quote

It did.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I sold my GME at $156 today after my father sent me a bunch of texts about it. At 4:12 PM.‘I didn’t know at 4:08 Elon had tweeted.

I want to be upset but I made $1900 in 7 days......
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck in AMC at 6.80 what a shitty average.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#33]
So what is it next after GME? BB, AMC or Nokia?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:55:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#34]

Yeah, but who is fucking buying? Who looks at this and goes, gee I should add shares at $230/share after hours? To the moon. To the fucking moon I guess.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#35]

GME could go to 1000$
View All Quotes

GME could go to 1000$

Wait.  What?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I swear game stop is orange juice concentrate, which side are you going to be?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrZeat] [#37]
Originally Posted By IAm4:
I swear game stop is orange juice concentrate, which side are you going to be?
View Quote

As I just posted in the other thread

Meanwhile in some back room somewhere:

"I told you I could make those wall street bets idiots millionaires while making Melvin Capital broke"

I'm sitting this one out, but if I had to choose, I'd say it hits $300s before $100s at this point lol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I've gotten absolutely no work done last 2 days, this as much as anything was a motivator to clear the deck of GME.  I am holding some shares in case it does do something crazy like head to 1k.   Could be I get back in if it makes sense at the right price.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Of course it is cause I sold at $140
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#40]
how many basement dwellers are getting their first lap dance tonight compliments of Gamestop?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MrZeat:

Yeah, but who is fucking buying? Who looks at this and goes, gee I should add shares at $230/share after hours? To the moon. To the fucking moon I guess.
View Quote

Probably hedge funds trying to drive the price even higher to make their calls drive the price even higher. It's like a runaway diesel engine. Sure it's going to explode one day but it's going to be epic.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Probably hedge funds trying to drive the price even higher to make their calls drive the price even higher. It's like a runaway diesel engine. Sure it's going to explode one day but it's going to be epic.
View Quote

Which covers the calls they wrote, but not the short positions
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Which covers the calls they wrote, but not the short positions
View Quote

No. I mean other hedge funds.  Like the ones that bought up all the short shares to start.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

The hedge funds also have the incentive to cripple their opposition, wounded funds are devoured, for them its a zero sum game. Every dollar they take from another fund, makes them better and more attractive. For fucks sake they tore Lehman apart in short order, they could care less about a couple private funds.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

are you freaking KIDDING me?! That's awesome.

I have been watching this but have not jumped in because A)I'm a moron and B) it will crash 5 seconds after I buy it.

What did you get in at? was this a recent purchase or did you get in early when it was low?
@apexcrusade
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#46]
BB+AMC tomorrow hoping for some good gains.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

are you freaking KIDDING me?! That's awesome.

I have been watching this but have not jumped in because A)I'm a moron and B) it will crash 5 seconds after I buy it.

What did you get in at? was this a recent purchase or did you get in early when it was low?
@apexcrusade
View Quote

Your username.  Appropriate based on your reasoning
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CamelPatriot:
BB+AMC tomorrow hoping for some good gains.

View Quote

It's back over $7.

My calls will probably triple in value tomorrow if this holds.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#49]
AMC up over $7 after hours
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#50]

No. I mean other hedge funds.  Like the ones that bought up all the short shares to start.
View Quote
Oh there is blood in the water, and I guarantee that professional firms are taking advantage of not only the profit potential, but the opportunity to destroy some competition, or make them cheap to acquire.

If a bunch of self-described retards on WSB can run these numbers and come to some solid DD, the big boys know the potential too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 1690
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top