Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, only problem is I only know maybe 2/3 people that would be interested
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you buy 4 you get the 5th free.  Best way to do it.
I'd suggest posting in your Hometown Forum.  I suspect you might fill in the remaining spots.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of cans can you launch ? How about a can of thermite ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Um. Silly question.

Any legal issues with mounting one of these underbarrel like an M203? (don't ask how, I'm working on it)
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Um. Silly question.

Any legal issues with mounting one of these underbarrel like an M203? (don't ask how, I'm working on it)
View Quote
just do this..

Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um. Silly question.

just do this..

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14562/cura_1_JPG-1132149.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14562/20191022_213859-1134577.jpg
I want to (and I have a 3D printer) but this is for other, dumber, purposes
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a launcher on Nov 30 and got it today. Couldn't pass it up at $129 with free shipping and 50 free blanks.  
I figured they had a run on them was the reason for the delay.  It showed in stock when ordered then out of stock the next day.

I just ordered the golf ball launcher today and more blanks.
I found an Anderson lower in my tool cabinet. And I have enough parts laying around to build it's own lower.

My brother got a bunch a Shasta soda at the 99 cent store.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I called them today and theyhad it down as just Arf.

Bob there said he updated it to the arf20 while I was on the phone with him.

I haven't tried it yet though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has the ARF20 coupon worked for anyone?
I called them today and theyhad it down as just Arf.

Bob there said he updated it to the arf20 while I was on the phone with him.

I haven't tried it yet though.
Yep, works! My neighbors get to hate me all over again
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered a launcher and golf ball adapter as well as a pile of blanks from Atlantic. This place continues to cost me money. Been putting it off way too long.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Blanks arrived today, they worked, fun was had by all in attendance.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/11/2020 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, too bad you're not in Texas
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Just finished up mine today,  cant wait.

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What are you using as a front sight. The leaf types need an M4 FSB.

That is the reason I got the quadrant type, it has a built in rear peep and front pin.
View Quote
I line it up with the front of the barrel tube.  I guess I should install a shotgun bead there or something.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Read the whole 25 page old thread, then found this one.  I'm looking for one piece of info that I can't seem to find:  does anyone know the ID of the barrel after it steps down?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Read the whole 25 page old thread, then found this one.  I'm looking for one piece of info that I can't seem to find:  does anyone know the ID of the barrel after it steps down?
View Quote
The can barrel or the 556 barrel?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 2:42:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just finished up mine today,  cant wait.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/3429/ELnzhm.jpg
View Quote
Great minds

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:24:37 AM EDT
[#17]
There ya go!

I just wish I could justify an actual a1/a2 rather that a screw on carry handle. But, those always end up being rifles
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The can barrel or the 556 barrel?
View Quote
@swampfoxoutdoors

The can barrel.  In reading, it seems it's ~2 5/8" (66 mm) from the muzzle to the step.  What's the ID below the step?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@swampfoxoutdoors

The can barrel.  In reading, it seems it's ~2 5/8" (66 mm) from the muzzle to the step.  What's the ID below the step?
View Quote
No idea have not way of measuring. It’s just enough to keep the can from going any further. Will post a picture here in a bit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No idea have not way of measuring. It’s just enough to keep the can from going any further. Will post a picture here in a bit.
View Quote
Do you have a piece of 2" PVC around?  That's 2 3/8" OD and whether it's a go/no go would tell me a lot about what I need to know.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do you have a piece of 2" PVC around?  That's 2 3/8" OD and whether it's a go/no go would tell me a lot about what I need to know.
View Quote
no dont have any. Will get you some pics when I get to the house and hopefully you can make something of it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#22]
I <3 can cannons
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've been meaning to get one of these someday, had fun with one belonging to someone in the HTF at one of the shoots, another member bought some of my late '80's era M200's from me, but I kept a few hundred for myself...  Still finding the occasional odd box of them in old boxes of gear...
View Quote
@LoneWolf545
These things are ridiculous and look like they're absolutely useless, so if you or another GA member wants to put a group buy together I'm in
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

no dont have any. Will get you some pics when I get to the house and hopefully you can make something of it.
View Quote
Thanks!

I have one on the way, and have a couple ideas for stabilizing projectiles that I'm drawing up.  But not knowing when the launcher is going to show up I don't really want to get too far ahead of myself.

If 2" PVC fits into the step, it's going to make initial testing a lot easier.  Thinking a tail ring like on rifle grenades and some mortars, and being able to just section rings off of a plastic pipe would make this oh so nice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did this, got 4 people to commit, ordered the 5 pack, everyone came through except ONE dude (who I knew was a flake but.... he won't get the same consideration next time). I was able to find a 5th buyer pretty quick though.

If I did it again, I'd want the money before I ordered to keep that from happening (or in escrow, perhaps with a trusted mutual friend).
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#27]
5.5” into the barrel is where the step down begins. It’s not much just enough to keep the can from going deeper into the barrel and hitting the chamber/barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Are these fine?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
5.5” into the barrel is where the step down begins. It’s not much just enough to keep the can from going deeper into the barrel and hitting the chamber/barrel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/E2C0E9AA-7F6C-481C-AE14-B04026B77DF8_jpe-1255215.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/1A83DE51-81D3-4EE8-BA5D-51C145700C15_jpe-1255216.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for the pics, the shelf looks wider than I expected.  I'm gonna hold off until my upper comes in.

On a side note, just got the shipping notice saying it should be here Friday :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Definitely not for cans.

Edit:  I'm wrong
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Definitely not for cans.
View Quote

Thats ALL I use for cans...
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not for cans.

Yeah, M200 is the standard training blank the can cannons were intended to be used with.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah, M200 is the standard training blank the can cannons were intended to be used with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not for cans.

Isn't that the ones on Atlantic Wall Blanks website that specifically says not for can cannon?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Isn't that the ones on Atlantic Wall Blanks website that specifically says not for can cannon?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not for cans.

AWB has the can launching blanks as a different load but the m200 is commonly used for launching them. From the archived thread:

Quoted:
Thanks for the welcome.

We have had lots of questions on the 5.56 loads so in the interest of safety here is the run-down.

M200 is the base round.

Golf Ball 1 is 20% hotter.
Golf Ball 2 is a further 20% hotter.

The L.A.M. is 2X the load of the M200 and are made for MilSim, reenactments and police work. They are too hot even for golf ball launching as they will blow the white shell of the ball if it has any cuts in it.

The Can Launching blank that we make is just a hair weaker than the M200 as our M200 is designed around function in the AR platform. Ours turns out to be just a hair too hot to work in the cannon in the summer. (Winter is fine when cold temps suppress the powder burn rate)

We didn't know that the can launcher was becoming "a thing" and have not put effort into merging the two rounds.

For anyone else, an M200 blank marked as a can launching blank will be an M200 with a different label. Our friends down in Florida at Boland production Supply does that. It's just marketing. They are good guys as well. Buy with confidence from them.

Last we saw, X Products was selling Armscor M200 rounds at an insane markup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 2:29:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not for cans.

I got confused on that one, so... off to AWB website:

http://www.atlanticwallblanks.com/556-M200-DUPLICATE_p_247.html

Attachment Attached File

With all deference to Atlantic Wall (good guys) those aren’t “real” M200 blanks.  They’re reasonable facsimiles made from 5.56 brass (not elongated brass made specifically for blank use).  I’m not entirely sure why they say not to use them.  They mention their “M200 Duplicate” being a little too hot, but I’ve used them and even hotter blanks in my launchers FWIW (and in hot weather).  With 16oz Coors cans, I’ve even used their L.A.M. blanks.

Regardless, the pic in bradpierson26’s post above shows “real” GI Lake City M200 blanks, and that’s what got all these can launchers started, and is probably the most widely used blank (though AWB is probably doing pretty well for can launcher market share these days.lol).
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:17:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Every time I open this thread my wallet screams for mercy. I am not a strong willed man, so I'm FOing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Note they say those are SHORT blanks, they also sell PRVI USGI equivalent M200 blanks.
View Quote
Shit, maybe I need to start packaging up my couple thousand Lake City M200’s
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what happened to me - I did a "Group buy" for my buddies and wouldn't you know it I've got 2 of them left.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Got the delivery notification for my upper around lunch today, then on the way home I started wondering how the barrel was indexed to make sure the rail section pointed down and if there'd be a way to index it 45 degrees or 90 degrees out.

Got home, pulled the upper out, and find this:

If you get the upper with a pic rail, the barrel is blind pinned in place in two spots.  Only a big deal if you're thinking about swapping uppers, and even then all you have to do is extract the pins.

But it is something to be aware of.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Got the delivery notification for my upper around lunch today, then on the way home I started wondering how the barrel was indexed to make sure the rail section pointed down and if there'd be a way to index it 45 degrees or 90 degrees out.

Got home, pulled the upper out, and find this:
https://i.postimg.cc/5NpVZbFk/IMG-20200131-190550940.jpg

If you get the upper with a pic rail, the barrel is blind pinned in place in two spots.  Only a big deal if you're thinking about swapping uppers, and even then all you have to do is extract the pins.

But it is something to be aware of.
View Quote
Mine is the same way non pic rail version. The whole tube and mount spins off. Why not make some shims to clock it where you want?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Mine is the same way non pic rail version. The whole tube and mount spins off. Why not make some shims to clock it where you want?
View Quote
Hadn't made my mind up on whether to shim it or repin it, or even if I want to reindex it.

All the other posts I saw talked about how the tube just spun off with no mention of the pins, so didn't know if this was new with needing to index the barrel for the rail or if it had just never come up.

Hopefully I'll get a few minutes to pop the pins, but that's dependent on how cooperative tomorrow is
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hadn't made my mind up on whether to shim it or repin it, or even if I want to reindex it.

All the other posts I saw talked about how the tube just spun off with no mention of the pins, so didn't know if this was new with needing to index the barrel for the rail or if it had just never come up.

Hopefully I'll get a few minutes to pop the pins, but that's dependent on how cooperative tomorrow is
View Quote
My x-products cannon (several years old) doesn’t have the blind pins. I can see why they added them. Mine can unscrew during use and if you’re a drunken frat boy you might fire it while it’s only on with a few threads.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#44]
For those of us who bought a bunch of the wrong blanks that don’t fit the can launchers, one solution is to buy a flash hider mounted blank firing adapter and use them up making noise ?? ??
AWB sells them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I used a combination of Hornady and CH4D dies/crimpers when I was loading 8x57 and 7.92Kurz blanks for adult cowboys and Indians.
https://www.ch4d.com/products/dies/bc
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
For those of us who bought a bunch of the wrong blanks that don’t fit the can launchers, one solution is to buy a flash hider mounted blank firing adapter and use them up making noise ?? ??
AWB sells them.
View Quote
@NH-Handgunner

If you got them from Atlantic Wall Blanks he'll take them back and swap them no cost plus send you an extra 100.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@NH-Handgunner

If you got them from Atlantic Wall Blanks he'll take them back and swap them no cost plus send you an extra 100.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AWB sells them.
@NH-Handgunner

That sounds like a much better plan
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@NH-Handgunner
View Quote
I bought “M200” blanks from various places including my LGS, Privi M200 from SG Ammo, etc. before realizing they would not fit the launcher that stated it uses M200 blanks.
Returning is more hassle than its worth in my case.

Its s nice mistake-proofing solution changing the chamber to not allow chambering a 556 round, but why keep stating that the launchers use M200 blanks when they do not? Causes a lot of confusion IMO.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My x-products cannon (several years old) doesn’t have the blind pins. I can see why they added them. Mine can unscrew during use and if you’re a drunken frat boy you might fire it while it’s only on with a few threads.
View Quote
One pin came right out, the other is going to be a fight.  When I'm done, I'll replace them with set screws and be done.

Goal here is to swap the upper to a side charger I have around, so I'm not taking it apart for the sake of fighting with blind pins.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Ordered some blanks from AWB.

I’ve had this thing for like a year and never used it.  Will be fun to have now that M203 chalk rounds have become harder to come by.

I didn’t realize tennis balls fit until I read this thread.  That’s pretty awesome.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top