Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 7:46:32 PM EDT
Where do they find these people?

Here's his response to Richmond's high murder rate:

"One-third of the murders have occurred because of the inability of people to get along," said Richmond Police Chief Andre Parker, glancing at the statistics. "It's more startling than anything else."

And how about this reply to an e-mail from a murder victim's mother:

"Despite the tone and tenor of your correspondence,...we will continue to seek the person or persons responsible for your daughter's death"

The mother was upset at Parker's refusal to accept help from VA State Police in the murder investigation.

Our murder rate has gone up 13% in one year, and he got a 6.4% raise, while the assistant chief got a raise of 16%.

And did I mention he is anti-gun?  He also had a plan that was approved by the idiots in city council to erect public cameras monitored by police and civilians in the city at a cost of over $300k to the taxpayers.

Yeah, that'll work.  It'll take people all of ten minutes to figure out where they are.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
And this is why it is a bad idea to argue crime rate when talking about guns.
Some other of the hundred thousand variables affecting crime will come into play the next year and prove you wrong.
VA is a CCW state, right?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's CCW.  Our crime in VA has been dropping overall, but I need to go double check that.

Edit:  Regardless, CCW holders did not commit any of those homicides.  In fact, I believe less that 0.5% of permit holders have been convicted of [i]any[/i] crime.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I know.  What an antigunner would throw back at you, is any assertion that CCW affects the crime rate.
Since it is going up, you would suddenly find yourself triple jumped in the debate.
Sorry for the analogy.  I've been kicking ass in online checkers tonight [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
One-third of the murders have occurred because of the inability of people to get along,"  Classic Southern hospitality, yah wouldn't want people killing strangers would yah??
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I suspect that the City Council did a nationwide search to find this master manipulator of the spoken word.Our area councils do the same thing and frequently get similar results. The way they won't promote from the ranks,you would think they were breeding cows and need that fresh blood line.
One of our local councils hired, sight unseen,(after a telephone interview) a female police chief named Sanchez or Martinez and were surprised when she arrived she was white. The Hispanic name was her married name.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]
HA!  That is funny.

Our last police chief left Richmond to become the Detroit cheif.  You might have heard that he was arrested trying to bring a loaded handgun onboard an aircraft in his carry-on.  He claimed that he did not know it was there.

The kicker to the whole thing is that he was not a certified police officer in Michigan or Virginia!

Shortly thereafter, he "resigned".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top