User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 12:22:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmm.....Ok.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
And just how full was the bottle of Bombay Sapphire when we woke up this morning?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What about all the other problems "others" have with you ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
nar·cis·sism    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (närs-szm) also nar·cism (-szm)
n.

1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
  2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
  3. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.
  4. The attribute of the human psyche charactized by admiration of oneself but within normal limits.
View Quote
e   [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
What's your point? [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Because I am often opinionated and occasionally prone to bluntness, I feel I should elaborate on a few things [red]lest people arrive at a distorted opinion of me based upon  the fact.[/red]

If you think I'm an [red]asshole [/red]after the facts, that is no problem. [BD]

1. Females on Arfkom - Yes I am a designated card carrying member of the "I hate the radical feminist movement" and despise all of their bullshit. No apologies offered. Yes, I am a terrible mysognist but that is genetics and you can't blame me. [red] At times I feel I may be gay, not just a little gay, but full out gay[/red]

However, it would be wrong to equate that with hating women. My feelings about the females here specifically (Hannah, Marian, Tatjana, Hydegirl, etc.) is "I'm glad they are here." If I don't necessarily mind my manners on occasion it is because I honestly [red]do not have any[/red] to treat them as equal is abhorrent to me. But I'd rather have 1,000 female members who are sometimes 'touchy' but willing to post on a mostly male oriented forum about a mostly male oriented topic than the alternative. So when the members of the [red]"I am starved for female companionship club"[/red]drive you nuts please try and roll with it and don't take it personal.

2. Christians - [red] You all rule[/red] .It is no secret that I'm not a true believer.[red] Let me at this time state I am Muslim -- [/red]However, contrary to popular misconception I don't hate or have it out for Christians. Not willing to accept OT stories and hating are two very different things. I'd say roughly 70% of this board considers themselves 'Christian' and of those I'd say about half are what I would call 'orthodox.' And I certainly don't hate 70% of this forum or I wouldn't be here.

I actually like most Christians, Old Painless is probably one of the nicest people online and really backs his beliefs up with words and deeds. I may not share his literal beliefs but I respect him and try not to directly insult him while questioning his faith.

And to add further credit at least most Christians are willing to discuss this issue. If you honestly think Christians are bible thumping hard heads stuck in the stone age just try and have a similar conversation with a Hasidic Jew or Fundamentalist Muslim.

3. Jews - Again, the popular misconception is I am terribly anti semetic and probably have a swastika tattooed on my forehead like Charles Manson. This idea is especially perpetuated by those who I have offended who happen to be Jewish. [red]88[/red]

I can think of a LOT of Jews I don't like (Schummer, Waxman, etc.) but it has nothing to do with the fact they are jews. I am also frequently critical of the politics of our relationship with Israel. Bur as I don't see all Jews as being alike, and actually think that is a racists idea, my criticism of Israel is not a universal criticism of all Jews. There are plenty of people (who happen to be Jewish) that I like [red](most of them in jail)[/red]and there are plenty of people (who happen to be Jewish) that I don't like.

The above applies to all groups who might categorize themselves according to race.

[red]Ok I think that about covers it.[/red]

So if I annoy you check the above and think about it or just ask. I'm usually not shy with my true opinion. [;)] [red] If it still bothers you well, tough[/red]
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I never thought otherwise, old buddy.

And thanks for the kind words.

Good men can disagree without hating.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Tatjana's here?  Where?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#13]
OK Steyr, here is how it is I have in the past, been very irratated by your comments that often look as anti semitic, I have  recently been thinking that you enjoy starting controversy. Which in my opinion is cool.

So I promise to not get on your shit and do anything but discuss points with you.

Unless you really piss me off, then I will send my Jewish ninja females after you...
HAHAHA I made a joke, or did I?

HAppy New Year Steyr AUG!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top