Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 10:00:46 AM EDT
We know that these guys are going to come to Earth sooner or later, so I figure we better get prepared. What should I stock up on to defend against them?

And do you think I could shoot down a Goa'uld mothership with a 50 cal?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say lock up the lipgloss, mascara, and eyeliner.  

Should slow em down to a crawl or send em back home.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
[LOLabove] [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice of them to show up with pre-placed targets...

CW
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, that was funny.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't those flat things that look like boat paddles work fairly well against them?[BD]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]
P90's have worked well so far.

Jaffa-Kree!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, but I heard a rumor they're switching to M4s in the next season, er year.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Phased plasma rifle in the 40 Megawatt range

or

nuke em from orbit - it's the only way to be sure [;D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish they'd make a semi-auto P90... would be fun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Why do they wear that stupid bulky metal(?) armor when it isn't bullet resistant?

And how do you aim a staff weapon or those little handheld stun gun thingies?

While we're on the topic, those guys seems to really lack any grasp on tactics, they like to run at their enemies in groups, and they don't seem to like cover much.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I gota go with the M4 with some sort of optics, although I'm sure an AK would work just as well or better at medium range.  Jaffa are not bullet resistant.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#12]
We had this discussion before.

SG1 switched from the P-90 to the M4 this season because they could not get enough 9mm blanks due to Afghanastan/Iraq.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Given their armor, and LE like mob advance instead of an infantry style cover and rush...

M249 (one that runs) with all the AP or 855 I could cary.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I would suggest a Marlin 444 would do severe damage to his body cavity.  I don't care what type of body amour he was wearing...
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And do you think I could shoot down a Goa'uld mothership with a 50 cal?
View Quote

[DUh-er] You can shoot down ANYTHING with a .50 Cal! [/DUh-er]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why do they wear that stupid bulky metal(?) armor when it isn't bullet resistant?

And how do you aim a staff weapon or those little handheld stun gun thingies?

While we're on the topic, those guys seems to really lack any grasp on tactics, they like to run at their enemies in groups, and they don't seem to like cover much.
View Quote

Going kinda out on a limb, I'm guessing that the idea is that the Jaffa themselves are also slaves, and their Goa'uld masters don't want them to be all that effective. They just want them to put the scare into the even lower-classed human slaves, hence the useless bulky clothes/armor.

Of course, speaking of poor tactics, the SG teams are supposedly super-special forces and all that, but they still spend half their time shooting full-auto from the hip.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
A .45/70 Gubmint with some Buffalo Bores or Garrett Hammerheads would do nicely and a Marlin Guide Gun would be handy![:D]

With that type of penetration you could line up 3, 4 or more of them at one time!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Next season SG1 is going to use that "special weapon" unit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We had this discussion before.

SG1 switched from the P-90 to the M4 this season because they could not get enough 9mm blanks due to Afghanastan/Iraq.

View Quote

What? Why does Iraq need 9mm blanks? Or did they realize that the 9mm round is so ineffective, they might as well skip the lead and just make noise?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#20]
they are probably busy kicking out REAL 9mm, not blanks...
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#21]
the only P90 that I know of that is 9mm is the one in the game Fallout 2
unless the hollywood versions are special
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#22]
DooH! I was thinking of the MP5's.
P90 is 5.7mm.

This is a quote from Amanda Tapping about the P90 and her new gun, the "Carter Special".

While Tapping enjoyed the change of costume, it did feel a bit strange. "As an actress, I'm so sick of Army boots and my P90 [sub-machine gun]. Yet, last Friday, we're shooting all this stuff where I was in frocks and this beautiful dress, and I felt so out of my element.

"I went, 'If I could do this scene with a P90, I'd be OK.' I have these smoking 3-inch heels and this dress, and I felt completely vulnerable."

The fact that Tapping longed for her gun surprises the Canadian actress most of all. "Me, Amanda, I don't like guns. I'm not afraid to say it. I just don't think that any single human being should have that much power. It's such a controversy to talk about guns in our culture, but it's an issue.

"It's something that I've always been uncomfortable with, but I have to be honest, I have such a Zen with my weapon. I'm so comfortable with it, it's freaky."

Tapping says that because of the war in Iraq, it became harder to get P90 shells to convert into blanks, so Anderson's character kept his P90, while Tapping's got a new gun.

"I don't know exactly what it is," she says. "It's an M16 with something else on the front and something else on the back. We're calling it the 'Carter Special.' It's a honking huge weapon. When I shoot it, flames come out. It's just craziness."
View Quote

And from another interview:

'We normally use P90's on our show but since the war there's been a shortage of P-90 shells or blanks, so we can't use that particular gun as much. So the prop guys have made me what we
call a Carter Special, which is, in fact, an amalgamation of three different guns. It's an awesome weapon, quite powerful and much heavier and more cumbersome than the P-90. The shells
eject out the side and little spits of flame shoot out the front.

Yesterday was the first time I had actually used the gun. I had to fire it as well as reload it while running. Now, I'm not the most
coordinated person at the best of times, and this scene we were shooting was big. It had Jaffa coming out of the forst and bombs
going off as well as special effects rigged all over the place.

When I loaded the last magazine the clip suddenly exploded and bullets went flying all over the place. It was a little Stargate
Barbie moment for me.'
View Quote

Quoted:
the only P90 that I know of that is 9mm is the one in the game Fallout 2
unless the hollywood versions are special
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I personally wish they went a little more traditional with her AR-variant, that monstrosity they stuck her with looks completely useless for the most part...  Shoulda just given her a M4 with a fancy looking optic...

Anyway, for Jaffa I think a M4 would be ideal.  I gotta say I love the replicator episodes where they break out the USAS-12 shotguns though, damn that looks like fun.  Stupid ATF and their "Destructive Device" BS...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 3:09:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We know that these guys are going to come to Earth sooner or later, so I figure we better get prepared. What should I stock up on to defend against them?[url]http://www.sg1archive.com/images/bios/tealcx.jpg[/url]And do you think I could shoot down a Goa'uld mothership with a 50 cal?
View Quote

I would use the same gun [b]Al Pacino[/b] used in "The Sound of Music"! [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I have no idea what this thread is about; must be star trek or something
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or something. [b]Stargate: SG-1[/b]

[devil]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Or something. [b]Stargate: SG-1[/b]

[devil]
View Quote
Just as I suspected: star trek [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top