Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 6:46:18 PM EDT
looking back over 2003 I can say this has been for the most part a good year. Not a smooth year mind you but over all I would have to rate it as better than last year. It has had it up and downs.

Down Side
1.Dealing with family illness. Huge STESS for the wife and if she isnt happy , I am NOT happy.
2.Stopped going to church, didnt even make easter or Christ's birthday.
3.I feel like I need to do something different work wise.
4. My truck got rear ended by some assclown  and damanging my shoulder/back and thumbs. It  can cause me great pain if twist the wrong way.

UP SIDE
1.Wife got her CPA. That damn test is hard.
2.I got a pretty good office when the company moved to a new upscale office building this year.
3.A NICE raise at work about 6 months ago.  
4.Me and the wife are doing so good I am waiting for her to tell me I am clueless and just leave me. I mean thats what happens right ? Everything is going perfect then out of the blue the husband or wife just walks out and the parnter says everything was perfect. Thats me if it happens.
5.The wife has been able to spend alot of time with her family and right know thats a big deal.

A short list and a positive reveiw for 2003.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Down:
1. Too much financial responsibilities, though all self-inflicted (see #1 in Up)
2. Paid more taxes (see #2 in Up)

Up:
1. Bought 2 additional properties.
2. Income increased about 10%, all without increasing my billable rate.
3. Because of #2, I can increase my rate by 10% next year.
3. Bought more toys [:d]
5. Still single
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Cons

5.5% pay cut
got laid off
cusin died of Herion OD
wife's Grandmother died 12/27
Car broken into and radio stolen
blew my L5/S1 disk  arghhhh!

Pros

Got re-hired at same rate of pay
finished my M4 project
went to gunstock
am 100% debt free
My wife and me are still alive

"lets be careful out there"
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
This year had some good moments, but in all it has been the worst year of my life.  I am surprised to be here and still breathing.  Ops
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
[b]Downers[/b]:
1. Knee dislocated in April playing football. Did minor cartilage damage.
2. Business was slow at times this year.

[b]Uppers[/b]:
1. <-----See avatar.
2. Bought '03 Ford Explorer for wife and kids.
3. Got involved with Survival Forum boys.
4. After doing the books, realized that '03 was a good year after all, financially (pending appointment with accountant concerning taxes).
5. Made serious upgrades in SHTF preparations (guns, ammo, food, water, gear, etc).
6. My two daughters give me great joy.
7. My youngest daughter (13 months old) is starting to develop a fantastic personality.
8. My wife and I love each other.
9. We did a little work on our house and paid down some of the mortgage principle.
10. My Lord and Saviour provided all the above.

All in all, every year since high school has been better than the last.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
... [b]CONs[/b]:

[*] Had to work on the road, away from home, in Manhattan and stay at the Marriott on Times Square.[/*]

[*] A/C went out in the house this summer[/*]

[*] The folks are getting older[/*]

[*] No new steady girlfriends[/*]

... [b]PROs[/b]

[*] Got to work on the road, away from home, in Manhattan and stay at the Marriott on Times Square. Successfully completed a HUGE project on schedule, under budget and in top form[/*]

[*] Missed the hot AZ summer[/*]

[*] The nieces and nephews are growing up[/*]

[*] No new steady girlfriends[/*]

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Pro: Moved back in with my wife in February following a 5 month trial separation!

Con: Moving out tomorrow. Wife wants a divorce.

Pro: She still wants to have sex!  With me!

This has been a crappy year.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#7]
On a personal level, this year has pretty much sucked. Buried the pet cat this afternoon after having it put down. In october, my nieces' 14 year old brother commited suicide with a .22. In september, a good friends' wife (36 years old) had an anyerism while eating lunch at the local Arby's and fell over dead. My uncle went a week before that, but was 72 & had battled parkinson's for a number of years.

I, for one, am glad to see it go.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of cons, but life ain't easy, so I'll go with the Pros-

Pros-
Started my FAL collection.

Picked up 2 DSA FAL's:

1) STG 58 Carbine
2) SA58  Med Contour, with Tiger Stripe Duracoat. (she is so very nice) [:)]

I'll tell yah, I love My AR 15's but these DSA FAL's are so sweet I am looking to get another one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pro: Moved back in with my wife in February following a 5 month trial separation!

Pro: She still wants to have sex! With me!
View Quote

(shakes head) Huh?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#10]
How has YOUR year been ? 2003 ayear in review.
View Quote

Perfect.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pro: She still wants to have sex! With me!
View Quote

(shakes head) Huh?
View Quote

Yeah, I'm shaking my head too!

Let's just say it's an amicable divorce.

Or maybe I'm just that good.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Con: My dear mother went into ICU today, is currently intubated and was not far from forever gone. I am unable to be with her.

Pro:Just got a call that she is doing "better", after a blood transfusion and a plethora of medical care.

Pardon me if I am unable to focus far beyond today. I do however, very much remember the recent birth of my first child (July 2003), clearly a plus![img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=21074[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Pros:

I'm still alive and employed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pros:

I'm still alive and employed.
View Quote

Nice time on the post [;D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

10. My Lord and Saviour provided all the above
View Quote

Thats a BIG Amen!!

Wishing ALL AR15 members a great and safe 2004
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Pro: built my "sanctuary" in the back yard
Con: don't like being this far from the house
Pro: managed to not go broke in '03
Con: Doesn't look good for '04
Pro: Still Married...
Con: Still Married...but frustrated... (g'wan, use your imagination [nono])
Pro: Had a lot of time off.
Con: Had a lot of time off.

All in all this last year started out ok, but ran downhill fast.  I only hope I can get it turned around in the early months of '04
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#17]
1984, 2000-2001 were the best years of my life.

2002-2003 Have been the worst. Don't ask me to list the details.

2003 had a few fine points.
1] Got a 90 Mustang, been 10 years since I had a nice fun car to drive.
2] Was called back on a random partime basis to my job at the machine shop. It isn't enough to pay the bills, but it has kept me off the street.
3] The sum of this trouble has strengthened my faith.
4] I was able to ante up a paid membership at ARFCOM, which at times served as a diversion when I was close to going stir crazy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Shitty
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#19]
... Well, I don't wanna come across a some Pollyanna bitch, but all I can say for you fellas that had a shitty year is; Suck it up! we all have shitty years, we all suffer, but we all also have gracious moments and we have the fantastic ability to make things better. Do it in 2004!

... Lead or be led.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#20]
CON
-GF broke up with me in February right before I was going to propose
-The project I was supposed to start at work in October got pushed back to April
-Finances stretched thin due to losing GF
-Still trying to re-find my path due to losing GF

PRO
-met & fucked alot of fun chicks due to losing GF
-found out that I actually DO make a pretty good living
-figured out that, if you live in the right area, South Florida can be a ton of fun
-Shot alot of IDPA
-Found a Series I Kimber for $550
-Turned down now ex GF for sex (that was awesome, haha)
-Discovered that I enjoy visiting new places
-Learned a SHITLOAD about myself due to GF leaving

Damn, that bitch shouldn't have that much effect.  Oh well, I'll probably get a chance to fuck her on the 10th, should be fun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Every year above ground is a damn good year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Every year above ground is a damn good year.
View Quote

Amen Brother
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#23]
This has been one of the worst years of my life and I am glad it is gone.  The new one isn't looking too good either.  Life fucking blows.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I got black rifle disease in 2003, kinda hope I don't get cured in 2004. Just can't afford to go to the doctor. Funny how a $730 rifle can cost $1300 in "stuff".
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, best I can remember through all the alcohol...

Good: I turned 21. Had a great party with my brother and some friends at a bar I'd been hanging out in for 3 years. For which the manager of the bar paid for.
Bad: The bar closed a month or two later. They still have a branch open with all the same people, but its a 20 minute drive away (as opposed to 5 or less). AND, I've still not bought a handgun since turning 21 (though I bought a pistol as a birthday present for Teri, a Browning Hi Power Practical, which was transferred in her name).

Good: I graduated from the University of Tennessee (along with my older brother) with a degree in Computer (Electrical) Engineering. I scored a full tuition ride through graduate school and was accepted into a Masters program in Electrical Engineering.
Bad: That's some tough shit right there.

Good: My brother bought a house.
Bad: He and I were really close up until that point. He moved out and got married, and I've only seen him a handfull of times since July.

Good: I broke my full auto cherry.
Bad: Ammo costs a whole lot when it's going that fast.

Good: My brother's wife had a baby on 24th of December at 6:09pm. I'm an uncle again.
Bad: The bad things are too vile to get into on a public discussion board. I've discussed these matters with other people and everyone agrees that its a "WTF!?!?" situation.

Good: Teri put up with my shit for another year. And tonight, as we kissed into the new year, she promised to stick with me through another year....

Overall, a good year.
[:)]

Edited cause I been drinking. Heavily.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Shitty, but I guess I can't bitch.  I still have a job and a roof over my head.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#27]
The last 2 years have really sucked for me.  I don't expect the new one to be much better.

[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:25:16 AM EDT
[#28]
2003 sucked ass.

Bad job, bled $25k in savings while out of work, horrendous relationship began and ended.

On the pro side, I'm going to kick some ass this coming year.

I have to.  I don't have an option not to.  [:(]

Mike
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Good year.  
Pros: Old truck didn't spend any time in the shop the entire year.
New apartment.
New truck.
New computer.
Lateral transfer to a quieter site (and a promotion of sorts, since it came with multiple pay raises).
Managed to not get noticed by any cops.
My mind has been inspired for months.
Good health.

Cons: Just got passed over for a promotion (I have to be more aggressive, in order to qualify for supervisor material).

I hope 2004 is as good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top