Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 10:04:46 PM EDT
When the AWB is gone will the rifle makers start putting the bad stuff on again?

Are there plans by anyone in the industry to
sell evil kits so we can make our rifles whole again?

Will I have to replace the barrel on my AR,FAL,G3, or (insert rifle here), in other words what will I have to do to make it evil?

Any estimation on cost?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is anyone kidding? The AWB will never go away. We are just slowly getting our rights steamrolled away. We aren't going to get any rights back without the SHTF.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
we will make what ever people want to pay for, but I must say...most of the "Evil" stuff is useless...Full stock are better then tel-stocks and muzzle breaks will actually improve your shooting, and really who the hell wants a bayonet on a 16" barrel (they don't even fit on 16" barrels)
View Quote

On that point I have been wanting to put a bayolug on my AR50.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an 20"AR, a plain barrel FAL and a G3 with a muzzle brake I want to evilize though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya want what ya want.

The ar15 would need a new FSB and threaded muzzle. The FSB is taper pinned and a new FSB would have to be drilled and reamed to match the old pins...that resembles work (risk) and they might want a few more bucks for that. The simplest way to convert to an unbanned rifle  would be with a new pre-ban type barrel.

There is a fairly expensive aftermarket tele-stock that I enjoy having on my pre-ban carbine, the MagPul M93, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend an A1 style stock, with a trapdoor, to anyone.

The Belgian type FAL came equipped with a combo flash suppressor, bayonet mount that can be attached to a threaded barrel. Might be cheaper to have the barrel threaded in that case.

I don't know anything about the G3, except that it had a threaded flash suppressor. That can probably be reworked as well.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm one of those guys who will be buying the unwanted post-ban rifles for cheap as people get rid of them for new rifles with evil features.  

I don't own a bayonet and don't see myself using one (if it's that bad, you're fucked).  Flash suppressor is no biggie to me.  I have never been in a situation where a collapsible stock would make any difference.

I really do hope the ban goes away so we can have cheap hi-cap pistol mags again.

Also, I hope to see some new products manufactured as a result of the ban going away.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife loves the collapsible stock, and, I like it when the weather gets cold, I can adjust it to fit me better in heavy clothing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont forget that you would be able to put a suppressor on a post ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top