Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 8:48:39 AM EDT
Did the giant spider (Shelob? - too lazy to look it up), sting Frodo in the GROIN or what?  

In the movie, you don't actually see where she stings him, but the implication is that it's in the chest or gut.  BUT wasn't he wearing the mithril vest - that prevented a cave troll from skewering him with a spear the size of a telephone pole?  

Dave_A made me think of it with his LOTR II error over in this thread www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=220592

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember him as being bitten in the back of the neck.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Good question!

It's been awhile since I read the book. Don't remember. Was cool to see Shelob sticking Frodo though. I got tired of his whiny little "wo is me" and "I am the only one who can be trusted with the ring" deal. Yeah, I know, the ring ruins those who carry it and all that crap. But Samwise was "the man" in that deal.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't resist - so I just went and looked it up in the book (the two towers, of course) - and raven is correct.  Frodo is stung in the neck.  Ouch!

I'm still not clear on where he was supposedly stung in the movie (now I'll have to go back and watch it again [;)] ) - I hope it's not in the groin, because that spider is enough to give me nightmares without thinking about being stung there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top