Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2003 8:26:46 AM EDT
Lets see now there was the glock clicking repeatedly.

then there was the clip played in slow motion several time during the movie of an entire bullet and cassing exiting the barrel, flying thru the air, and hiting the main character.(this reveals nothing about the "polt")

ah then there was the 45 caliber bullet that was hit on the back and fired at a thick liquid Hydrohen tank with enough force to puncture the tank and some how creating a spark or something so it explodes.  The clip is played in slow motion so you can see the bullet spining as if it had come out of a barrel.  Bullets are propeled the compresed COMPRESED gas from the burning of gun powder.  without a barrel the distance between the bullet and the powder in the cassing, as well as how far down in the cassing the bullet is, is the "barrel".  As soon as the bullet got out of the cassing the forword force on it would no longer exist as the gas expands out into the atmosphere.

Here is another good one.  The main character throughs a loaded mag. onto a subway rail. It explodes as if it were a full with about a gallon of gasoline. Quick phisycs lesson.  Electricity flows in the path of least resistance.  SO if your standing outside in a steel cage. your touching the cage, the cage gets struck by lightning what happens to you?  Nothing The eclectricity flows in the path of least resistance around the outside of the metal cage to the ground.  SSSSO a bullet is encased with metal so haveing electricity run through it would do nothing.  if the bullet had electricity runing through it for a long time it could get hot and then go off but there would be no big explosion.

Well thats it for me what did you spot?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF are you talking about?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
?  [thinking] [noclue]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The new Ben Asshat, uh Affleck movie

entire bullet and cassing exiting the barrel, flying thru the air
View Quote

Love that one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The new Affleck flick [puke] (strats just beat me)

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The new Ben Asshat, uh Affleck movie

View Quote

Ahhhhhhh, I thought it was called [b]PAY CHECK[/b]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pay[red](no space)[/red] [red]C[/red]he[red]a[/red]k - How many gun errors did YOU spot?

Let[red](')[/red]s see now there was the [red]g[/red]lock clicking repeatedly.

[red]t[/red]hen there was the clip played in slow motion several time[red](s)[/red] during the movie of an entire bullet and cas[red]s[/red]ing exiting the barrel, flying thru the air, and hiting the main character.(this reveals nothing about the "[red]polt[/red]")

[red]a[/red]h[red](,)[/red] then there was the [red](.)[/red]45 caliber bullet that was hit on the back and fired at a thick liquid Hydro[red]h[/red]en tank with enough force to puncture the tank and some[red](no space)[/red] how creating a spark or something so it explodes.  The clip is played in slow motion so you can see the bullet spining as if it had come out of a barrel.  Bullets are propel[red](l)[/red]ed the compres[red](s)[/red]ed [red][s]COMPRESED[/s][/red] gas from the burning of gun[red](no space)[/red] powder.  [red]w[/red]ithout a barrel the distance between the bullet and the powder in the cas[red]s[/red]ing, as well as how far down in the cas[red]s[/red]ing the bullet is, is the "barrel[red][s]"[/s][/red].[red]"[/red]  As soon as the bullet got out of the cas[red]s[/red]ing the forword force on it would no longer exist as the gas expands out into the atmosphere.

Here is another good one.  The main character [red]throughs[/red] a loaded mag. onto a subway rail. It explodes as if it were a full with about a gallon of gasoline. Quick [red]phisycs[/red] lesson.  Electricity flows in the path of least resistance.  S[red]O[/red] if [red]your[/red] standing outside in a steel cage[red].[/red] [red]your[/red] touching the cage, the cage gets struck by lightning what happens to you?  Nothing[red](.)[/red] The [red]eclectricity[/red] flows in the path of least resistance around the outside of the metal cage to the ground.  [red]SSS[/red]S[red]O[/red] a bullet is encased with metal so hav[red]e[/red]ing electricity run through it would do nothing.  [red]i[/red]f the bullet had electricity runing through it for a long time it could get hot and then go off but there would be no big explosion.

Well that[red]'[/red]s it for me what did you spot?
View Quote
I spotted about three dozen errors, not counting a few problems with personification, verb tense, structure and other grammar things.

Oops. Sorry. I let silly movie gunplay slide easier than spelling and grammar.

Other than the silly movie gunplay, how was the movie? I'm thinking about seeing it Sunday if we can unload the sprogs on someone.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
He's talking about 'Paycheck', a movie (somewhat along the lines of 'The Bourne Identity') that came out yesterday...

I don't know as I haven't seen it... I'm going to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King today, which reminds me of one weapons error from 'The Two Towers'...

At the battle of Helms Deep, the archers are given the command 'FIRE' when they're supposed to shoot their arrows...

'FIRE' was not used untill the advent of firearms (early firearms were discharged by applying fire to a fuse or touch-hole, hence 'READY, FIRE', which became 'READY, AIM, FIRE' in American parlance (long after better means of ignition had been devised)...)

The correct command for the setting (i.e. late pre-firearms era (they have gunpowder but no guns)) would be 'LOOSE' or 'RELEASE'...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah yeah yeah I can't spell.  In fact it just took me three trys to spell spell correctly.  

Accualy the movie was ok: good action, nice love interest, kinda futuristic

not too bad except for the obvious gun errors that they play in slow motion.  I'd say watch it unless you want to see Lord of the Rings again.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
yeah yeah yeah I can't spell.  In fact it just took me three trys to spell spell correctly.  

Accualy the movie was ok: good action, nice love interest, kinda futuristic

not too bad except for the obvious gun errors that they play in slow motion.  I'd say watch it unless you want to see Lord of the Rings again.
View Quote
When they screw up the gun stuff, then insist on playing it in slow motion, they're just begging to get rung up on it. Anymore though, I'm willing to forgive a whole lot of shit in a movie if it's at least got a semi-original story and is decently acted. I was watching "A Day at the Races" with the Marx Brothers yesterday on HBO while waiting for the in-laws to arrive, and it reminded me how much better old movies were than current movies. You don't even get two hours' worth anymore, which is a blessing, actually, in many cases.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's talking about 'Paycheck', a movie (somewhat along the lines of 'The Bourne Identity') that came out yesterday...

I don't know as I haven't seen it... I'm going to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King today, which reminds me of one weapons error from 'The Two Towers'...

At the battle of Helms Deep, the archers are given the command 'FIRE' when they're supposed to shoot their arrows...

'FIRE' was not used untill the advent of firearms (early firearms were discharged by applying fire to a fuse or touch-hole, hence 'READY, FIRE', which became 'READY, AIM, FIRE' in American parlance (long after better means of ignition had been devised)...)

The correct command for the setting (i.e. late pre-firearms era (they have gunpowder but no guns)) would be 'LOOSE' or 'RELEASE'...
View Quote

[ROFl2]

Ok, you're critiquing a movie that has orcs, walking trees, dragons, hobbits, elves, and such and the only error you found was the command to "fire?" Just messing with ya...[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top