Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2003 9:43:51 AM EDT
"Broken toothpick" -- Declared by a general officer when he gets a piece of caviar stuck between his teeth.  Requires every dentist in theater to immediately fly in to assist him.

"Broken chopstick" -- Declared by American field commander when a commie position is overrun.  Requires every cargo transport in theater with a load of beer to overfly the American position and parachute in the kegs.

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Loose Operator Kneespace:  Intern hits head on bottom of desk drawer.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
A [i][b]FEW[/b][/i] of my favorites:

BOHICA - BEND OVER, HERE IT COMES AGAIN

ITHFP - I HATE THIS FREAKING PLACE

DILLIGAF (pronounced "dilly gaf") - DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A F#$@?

FUBAR

SNAFU

anyone know what a "WAG" is???("go ahead and take a WAG at it"; as in trying to answer a question that you obviously have no clue of)

a "WAG" is a WILD ASS GUESS

a "SWAG" is a SCIENTIFIC WILD ASS GUESS
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Practical Exercise Not Involving Soldiers

...let's not forget the ever-popular "FTA"[BD]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Tango Uniform

Charlie Fox

SIOP

CW
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Form 1 - toilet paper

FIGMO - f-it, (I) got my orders

FLAP - F#$* Light Aircraft Pilot

JScott
Having a run on Fs tonight
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SIOP
View Quote

is that different than 'psyops'????
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SIOP
View Quote

View Quote

Single Integrated Operational Plan - The central nuclear war plan for the US.

CW
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The Ordies will appreciate this one!!!

[size=5][red]IYAOYAS[/red][/size=5]

IF You Aint Ordnance You Aint Shit
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SIOP
View Quote

View Quote

Ohhhhh, yes it is.....

Single Integrated Operations Plan.  Nuclear war plan for the United States.  No longer called the SIOP, now its Operations Plan (OPLAN) 8044.     Our courteous staff of professional pilots, submariners, and missileers on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to deliver express-mail packages of canned sunshine to our nation's enemies.

Or, as they say in my current profession, "Minuteman III--guaranteed delivery, 30 minutes or less, or the next one's free!"

[img]http://www.af.mil/photos/Feb1999/minutemanb.jpg[/img]

(edited to fix red X)
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#11]
"SHORT!"  Exclaimed each time the shop is entered.

One we coined and used in our shop - Scunt

As in, "Move it over a scunt."

A scunt si one thousandth of a cunt hair.  I don't know how long this survived, or if it ever made the leap off Langley AFB.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
SUAC--Shut up and Color

Normally told to a captain/LT who doesn't understand you can only "But, sir..." onr or two times before the colonel gets mad.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#13]
HVT = High Value Target.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#14]
RTFBOOBAG

MCLMM
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Got one for you guys.......

When you watched Full Metal Jacket and the guys did the "I don't know but I've been told" cadence in front of the female officer.......

......Did you know the next two verses?

Needless to say, can't post them without getting this thread locked! or me banned.

I laugh my butt off everytime I see that footage and my wife thinks I'm nuts.

Tj

BTW, younger guys may not know this for today it would be considered insensitive at the least.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HVT = High Value Target.
View Quote

This made me think of
[b]TRE[/b]

Target Rich Enviroment
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Mr. Thompson.  Please refrain from calling it Psyops.  It is just Psyop.  The S at the end is added on by the ignorant and the hollyweird liberals.  

The primary objective of Psyop personel....TBF
Total Brain F***

And don't forget the Frago...Originally fragmentary order later used to describe the list of incompetent LT's that were to be fragged immediately upon combat deployment.

Then there is FNG   F-ing new guy.
As bad as an incompetent LT.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]
STRAC- Shit The Russians Are Comming!!!! Or Stupid Troops Running Around in Circles.STRAC actually stood for STRatigic ARmy Command.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"SHORT!"  Exclaimed each time the shop is entered.

One we coined and used in our shop - Scunt

As in, "Move it over a scunt."

A scunt si one thousandth of a cunt hair.  I don't know how long this survived, or if it ever made the leap off Langley AFB.
View Quote

I always thought the standard was based on the RCH (red cunt hair).  That would make your unit a "scrunt" wouldn't it? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm suprised by the number of my friends who don't know what a "klick" is.  I mean, did these guys never play Wing Commander when they were younger?  

And although I'm not a PSYOP guy, I would have assumed PSYOPs to be plural for PSYOP just like OPORDs is plural for OPORD.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
TRE:Target rich environment.
RON:Remain overnight.
NDP:Night defensive perimeter
UN-ASS:"leave quickly."
TOC:Tactical organization center.
RIF:Recon in force.
RPG:You know.....
FNG:Funny new guy
"Ruck-up!"
POL
ORD
MACV
Willie-Peter.(Make you a beeeleevuh).
LOACH
FAO
LIMA CHARLIE
LRRP(not bad).
C's
P-38
Mike Force
Indidge
Hercules,Charlie,one,thirty.
Inbound
SitRap
BDA
AOO
FU motherfucking Bar
MED cAP
cIV-cAP
ftw
fta
I'm so short,I could sit on the edge of a dime,and my feet would not touch the ground.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry, but....  It is a Psyop BN or a Psyop group.  The only time you use the plural is when you use the full phrase, not the acronym.  I.E. Psychological operations are conducted by Psyop units.  That was the very first thing I learned.  CSM about chewed my ass off when he heard me say it on my first day in the unit.  And this CSM was hard core enough to curl a crew cut with a look.  They even have a hair cut at Ft Bragg named after the guy.  A Bunty cut.  All you had to do was go into the barber shop on smoke bomb hill and say I want a bunty cut and you came out so close to bald that you were almost out of reg.( from 0 to no more than 3", tapered, off the ear and off the collar)  A bunty cut, the taper started about 3" above the ear.....
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mr. Thompson.  Please refrain from calling it Psyops.  It is just Psyop.  The S at the end is added on by the ignorant and the hollyweird liberals.
View Quote

In fact, at US Strategic Command, (who is now responsible for both nuclear and psyop planning), they've had a problem because "SIOP" and "Psyop" sound the same when spoken.  They differentiate by saying "syop with a P" anytime they're talking about the latter.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SIOP
View Quote

View Quote

Ohhhhh, yes it is.....

Single Integrated Operations Plan.  Nuclear war plan for the United States.  No longer called the SIOP, now its Operations Plan (OPLAN) 8044.     Our courteous staff of professional pilots, submariners, and missileers on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to deliver express-mail packages of canned sunshine to our nation's enemies.

Or, as they say in my current profession, "Minuteman III--guaranteed delivery, 30 minutes or less, or the next one's free!"

[url]http://www.af.mil/photos/Feb1999/minutemanb.jpg[/url]

(edited to fix red X)
View Quote

As long as we're on the subject, how about 0.0 CEP? And some of my faves, in no particular order...

DEFCON
NUDETS
MIRV
RCS
MILSTAR
EMP
SPAWAR
CNOG
USSTRATCOM
SGEMP
SEAD
DIRNSA
ORD
OPSEC
MMD
JNPE
JFMO
TENCAP
Classic Wizard
GEODSS
NIE

and finally my absolute fave of all time... PD-59

CW

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#25]
The only time its ok to use the S at the end of PSYOP is if you are intentionaly mispronouncing PSYOP IE:

PiSops:  The standard operating procudure for the use of 3.14

Cyclops:  the one eyed wonder worm used to do the mind altering procreation procedure.

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#26]
geez you guys sure come out of the wood work [:P]

PFM [;)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#27]
I always liked the term Goat Fuck, which, I suppose, is a really bad Cluster Fuck. I've introduced the concept at work so that "GF" is a common term now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone remember expressions like "Broken Heart", "Mickey Mouse", or "paper asshole"?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I always liked the term Goat Fuck, which, I suppose, is a really bad Cluster Fuck. I've introduced the concept at work so that "GF" is a common term now.
View Quote

don't forget Hogan's Goat
"That is fucked up as Hogan's Goat."
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sorry, but....  It is a Psyop BN or a Psyop group.  The only time you use the plural is when you use the full phrase, not the acronym.  I.E. Psychological operations are conducted by Psyop units...
View Quote
Alrighty.  I suppose that makes sense, but that's kinda like telling people "it's Fraternity, not 'Frat' or "it's R-O-T-C, not 'rotcee.'"

I'm just a dumb grunt, anyway [;D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone remember expressions like "Broken Heart", "Mickey Mouse", or "paper asshole"?
View Quote

My dad uses "paper asshole".  He's USN 65-69/  Never knew what it meant exactly.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's a few for ya:

DAT- Dumb @ss Tanker

CDAT- Computerized Dumb @ss Tanker        (M1A2 Variant)

Treadhead- anyone in Armor Branch

Crunchies/Trackgrease- Infantrymen

Egg Droppers- anyone holding the MOS of 11C/Mortarmen

Class 1 download- taking a sh-t

MRE- meals refused by everyone
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#33]
A couple buddies of mine came up with a pretty good acronym.

STEAL

Strategic
Transport of
Equipment to
Alternate
Which explains why so much stealing takes place in the military.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:48:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
MCLMM
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#35]
and yet a few others:
MARINE-

My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Expected
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#36]
MFWK (pronounced miffwick) = Mother Fvucker With Knowledge.  Refers to somebody with knowledge and/or experience concerning a topic.

YGTBSM!  = You Got To Be $hitting Me!  

"Dash One" refers to the operator's manual (or user's guide) for a particular piece of equipment.  Every military tech manual is asigned an alpha-numerical identifyer.  The ones which end with a suffix of "-1" are the most basic and simplified version designed for the typical user.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I always liked the term Goat Fuck, which, I suppose, is a really bad Cluster Fuck.
View Quote

I know that one as a goat rope, which in my vocab is interchangeable with CF. Depending on who's present, of course.

JScott
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#38]
short-timer

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When you watched Full Metal Jacket and the guys did the "I don't know but I've been told" cadence in front of the female officer.......

Needless to say, can't post them without getting this thread locked! or me banned.

Tj

BTW, younger guys may not know this for today it would be considered insensitive at the least.
View Quote

Navy wings are made of gold,
Air Force wings are made of lead.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My dad uses "paper asshole".  He's USN 65-69/  Never knew what it meant exactly.
View Quote

The 'paper assholes' I am familar with are the little round doughnut shaped re-enforcements used to go around the hole puches in paper. Pilots use this term for the little paper things since they are constantly pulling out pages of old regs, traffic patterns, radio frequencies, etc and putting in new ones. The paper tends to wear at the hole punch and thus, paper assholes are use to hold them together.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Bag nasty -  A WM in a sleeping bag.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Heard this one a lot at REFORGER. We'd get a bunch of reservist and NoGo types to evaluate. We'd rag on them about, well, just about everything and they'd come back with FUBIJAR.

F*ck
yoU
Buddy
I'm
Just
A
Reservist
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#44]
FIDO: F*ck It, Drive On!
Cheesed!ck: Non-hacker, soft individual
Whiskey locker: Closet
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#45]
My favorite as a kid growing up in the US Navy was CINCPAC. Every new rule had CINCPAC on it. I remember the military script trade-in rules for greenback when these came out. It had CINCPAC on the notice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#46]
GDIH - Goddammit, I'm hit
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Our courteous staff of professional pilots, submariners, and missileers on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to deliver express-mail packages of canned sunshine to our nation's enemies.
View Quote

"canned sunshine"...[rofl2]

IHTFP - I hope there's a Friday parade! (Made up on the fly by a Midshipman at USNA when conftronted by a Marine Officer for having "IHTFP" posted on his bulletin board.)

CBDR - Constant Bearing, decreasing Range. In other words, CHANGE COURSE AND/OR SPEED OR YOU WILL HIT IT!

NAVY - Never Again Volunteer Yourself!

Goat Locker - The CPO Mess

ASAP - We all know what it means, but I need to point out that it's PRONOUNCED LIKE A WORD and NOT SPELLED. You can tell the vets from the wanna-be's just by that alone.

BFM - Black Fucking Magic (Anything having to do with electronics)

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tj

View Quote

You sure you're not talking about [i]Heartbreak Ridge[/i]?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]
SHACK!

(USAF radio call for a good hit on a ground target)

JScott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top