Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
mmmmmmm....honey baked ham
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/liplick.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry Walttx, it was even on the history channel. THere are serious historians behindthe realization that the founding of Christianity is myth.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]

I would comment on this be I am not one to throw pearls before swine.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and ..."
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Brother G-man nailed it.

Amen Spectre.

Had ham AND turkey here, and am STILL feasting upon leftovers with great delight!
Even had a nice big ham sandwich as a toast to Al Queda!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just strange to eat something to celibrate someones birth that they couldn't/didn't eat. .
View Quote

So to REALLY honor Jesus, men should start wearing long robes / dresses like He did???

[}:D]

View Quote

If I recall, Jesus also wasn't a big fan of usury and banking, so you probably also shouldn't use checks or credit cards to buy all those Christmas gifts with.

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I eat Ham & Roast Beast
View Quote

[Grinch]
"Roast Beast is a feast I can't stand in the least!"
[/Grinch]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got a smoked turkey in the mail yesterday. Who the hell smokes turkeys?
View Quote

Well, Tobacco is getting rather expensive, and you can get much more mileage out of a turkey.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
[Scottish Schoolmaster]
"If you don't eat any ham, You can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your ham?"
[/Scottish Schoolmaster]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If we go and study the founding of CHristianity, it was in 325 CE, (AD) It was founded by Constantine  the Byzantine Emperor. He did it soley to bring order to his empire. CHristmas day is actualy Saturnalia, a pagan festival.
If you want to find a religion that was bases onthe teachings of Jesus, THe Celtic Church is the way to go.
It was founded by [red]James the brother of Jesus and Joseph the son of Jesus[/red]. It was all throught outhte British Isles. It was Connected by Marriage to Arch Druid. At no point was it called Christianity as Cristos is a tittle, It means the 'annointed one'

Actually the history of the first 4 centuries of 'CHristianity' is fascinating, it laid the groundwork for future generations of deceit.

Study Jesus and you will see a man that never stopped being a Jew, His ministry is one that is worth believing in, not the fiction that was created by historians..
View Quote

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard.  James was the brother of Jesus and the son of Joseph but Jesus was not married and never had any children.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I eat whatever I want whenever I want. Worshiping or showing respect for someone has nothing to do with what ONE EATS!!!!

Hell, I had chips and salsa and beer on Xmas and I don't think it pissed anyone off!!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]
we had roast goose and venison
for Christmas dinner. The ham was
for today. We even offered the blessing
before each meal. Wonder how tnFrank would
intepret that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh boy, another un-informed IDIOT.

Quoted:
Anyone that knows my views on Christianity knows that I think most Christians are way off base with what they believe. Case in point. Eating Ham on Christmas to celibrate Jesus's birthday. Jesus the Christ was a "Jew of Jews", he was the "best" Jew that every lived and I think it's a slap in his face to eat Ham(pork, forbidden under Jewish law) on his birthday. Christians that wouldn't dare work on Sunday(a hold over from not working on the Jewish Sabbath) eat their fill of Ham on Christmas to Honnor the Christs birth. And ya'll have a hard time wondering why I'm  secptical about any thing I'm told about Christianity by a Christian.Now ya' know one reason why.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry Walttx, it was even on the history channel. THere are serious historians behindthe realization that the founding of Christianity is myth.
View Quote

I guess it must be true since the history channel said it was.

there are more things written about Jesus than anyone else in history, and to say that someone in the year 2003 has discovered that it is all wrong is really hard to believe.
i am not just talking about the Bible, i mean historians from that time period wrote about Jesus also. Josephus for instance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Well, since it was said by a dottering 65 year old volunteer sunday school teacher when you were in the 6th grade- it must be the [b]real[/b] truth.

[url]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/first/[/url]

Excellent resource- christian, jewish and historical scholars discuss the first christians  the diversity of jesus's followers and their struggle to shape and define their identity and faith.
Sorry if it's not the 700 club version.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Well, since it was said by a dottering 65 year old volunteer sunday school teacher when you were in the 6th grade- it must be the [b]real[/b] truth.
View Quote

i did not go to sunday school.
thats not the case, I know how Jesus has changed me and my life. I know that sounds funny, but i know first hand.

I am sure you cant prove the reason you believe everything in your life beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am sure you cant prove the reason you believe everything in your life beyond a shadow of a doubt.
View Quote

No I can't. But if I can't , I don't present it as "fact". It's merely my opinion.

If I said that I had documents that 'proved' the bible was incorrect, but I said "well, it has been translated a couple of times. And it was written over the span of a thousand years or so. Oh yeah-- most of it was written by one guy. Then a couple hundred years later, some other guys did a reedit on it. And there are several versions of it in circulation-And most major groups can't agree which version is correct."

How seriously would you take my 'proof'????
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry Walttx, Josephus was a Jew inthe pay of the Romans, also his coverage is minor of Jesus. I seem to recall the Koran having more details of him.

Also---
Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard. James was the brother of Jesus and the son of Joseph but Jesus was not married and never had any children.

THere again is Historical thought that Jesus was married to MAry Magdaline. THe Wedding feast at Cannan was his according to the Esscene tradition,
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
As far as wether Jesus ate pork or not. I think the fact that he cast the demons into swine is proof enough of what he though about pigs. He did it because the man keeping the pigs was a Jew and wasn't suppose to eat pork so Jesus took care of two birds with one stone by casting out the demons from Legion and casting them into the pigs which went into the sea and drowned them selves.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top