Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 9:33:17 PM EDT

World Wrestling Entertainment superstars Paul Wight, also known as “The Big Show,” and John Cena perform Saturday for troops deployed to Camp Victory, Iraq.

Professional World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) celebrity Kurt Angle signs autographs for ship’s crewmembers. The show was hosted by the United Service Organization (USO) in hangar bay one aboard the nuclear powered aircraft carrier and featured the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Richard Myers, actor/comedian Robin Williams, and NASCAR driver Mike Wallace. Enterprise is underway in the Arabian Gulf conducting missions in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and the continued war on terrorism.

A Coast Guard 25-foot defender class boat from Station Seattle enforces a security zone around a ferry Monday in Elliot Bay. Due to the heightened level of security, the Coast Guard stepped up patrols in ports and waterways.

Soldiers from Oklahoma Army National Guard’s 45th Infantry Brigade patrol Tuesday through this winter’s first snow on the outskirts of Kabul, Afghanistan. The soldiers are training the new Afghan National Army.

Second Lt. John Hicks, from Birmingham, Ala., with Recon Platoon, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 5th Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 20th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, holds a puppy an Iraqi abandoned along the side of the road in Samarra, Iraq. Soldiers rescued the dog Thursday and made her a unit mascot.

Spc. Alexander Ruiz, from Yuma, Ariz., with Team 2, Recon Platoon, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 5th Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 20th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, poses Friday for a picture with an AK-47 assault rifle his team captured in a raid on a home in Samarra.

Soldiers on Saturday investigate the burned hulk of a Stryker destroyed by an improvised explosive device during an attack at Forward Operating Base Pacesetter. Guerilla forces ambushed a Stryker patrol near Samarra, destroying one vehicle — the first Stryker to be lost to hostile fire. The four-soldier crew escaped, but one soldier was injured in the attack.

Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss, right, helps Army Sgt. Maj. Mike Gideons, from Mobile, Ala., cook 1,000 pounds of shrimp donated to soldiers at Camp Wolverine, Kuwait, on Saturday. The shipment of shrimp, 900 pounds of catfish, 240 gallons of gumbo and 500 pounds of cookies was delivered by a congressional delegation headed by Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, R-Md., and cooked by soldiers of the 814th Replacement Company out of Starkville, Miss.

Spc. Christopher Wilson, left, and Sgt. Randall Davis, a sniper team for Bravo Company, 5th Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 20th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, hold sniper rifles used during operations in and around Samarra. Leaders maintain that the Stryker brigade’s abundance of snipers is ideal for limiting collateral damage and civilian casualties during guerilla-style fighting.

Sniper Sgt. Randall Davis peers down the holographic scope of the M-14 sniper rifle he used during operations in and around Samarra. Since mid-December, Davis has been credited with eight confirmed kills and two “probables,” a count no soldier in the brigade has matched.

Wayne Newton reaches out from the stage to soldiers at an undisclosed location in the Mideast. Newton’s 23-member troupe went to Kuwait and Iraq.

CAMP HANSEN, Okinawa, Japan - Cpl. Alexander Craig settles in behind the Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle getting ready to fire as the helicopter approaches a small, uninhabited island off the coast of Okinawa during advanced sniper training

CAMP HANSEN, Okinawa, Japan - Pfc. Josh Freeman aims in on the island he is targeting with the PVS 10 day/night scope attached to the M40A3 sniper rifle during advanced sniper training.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooting out the back of a moving helicopter? Yeah, I'd call that "Advanced" Sniper Training. Go get 'em, guys!

Sick ink on the last PFC, BTW!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That is one bad assed M-14!

And sniping from a helicopter... "Advanced" is right!

Our guys make me proud as all get out! (Even the overly tatooed ones!)  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.navytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/122203front18.jpg[/img]

Sniper Sgt. Randall Davis peers down the holographic scope of the M-14 sniper rifle he used during operations in and around Samarra. Since mid-December, Davis has been credited with eight confirmed kills and two “probables,” a count no soldier in the brigade has matched.
View Quote

Thats what am talking bout....with a fuckin' EOTech to boot!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.news.navy.mil/management/photodb/webphoto/web_031219-N-9742R-004.jpg[/img]

oh it's true, it's true!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Why does the dude with the AK have the bayonet extented?  Are there "gooks in the wire"?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why does the dude with the AK have the bayonet extented?  Are there "gooks in the wire"?
View Quote

You do mean "extended" right?

Did you read the caption? He is posing with a captured AK. Maybe he needs a re-enactor to show him how to handle that weapon....

[rolleyes]

why post crap on a good thread
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#7]
tag...very cool pics
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
great sniper pics!

Eotech on the M14 is interesting
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
This guy could take off his MARPAT and you still wouldn't be able to spot him. [:D]

[img]http://www.vaq34.com/junk/02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the fwd bipod on the Barret.  Gonna mess the finish up a bit if used too often

Breathe
Relax
Aim
Sigh
Squeeze

Relax

Relax Relax IT WON"T HURT.

Never fired one but I bet the anticipation of the first time on the Barret is something to experience
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Great pics!!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://www.navytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/122203front18.jpg[/img]

Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Whos rail system is that on the M14?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like the fwd bipod on the Barret.  Gonna mess the finish up a bit if used too often
View Quote

What Barrett?

I've shot about 100/150 rounds through a Barrett M99 and I still anticipate that blast! It's hard to relax.

I love the holoscope on the M14, That's badass. Our guys are the best there is!

COZ

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Ain't much cooler than this....

[img]http://www.navytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/122203front17.jpg[/img]

Getcha some, fellas!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:57:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You do mean "extended" right?

Did you read the caption? He is posing with a captured AK. Maybe he needs a re-enactor to show him how to handle that weapon....

[rolleyes]

why post crap on a good thread
View Quote

Sorry I guess I forgot the smily.  [:D]

Believe it or not most of the pics you see are posed.  Now and in the past.

I was joking.  Is it illegal to joke on a "good thread".[:(!]

And no I don't think I need to tell him anything.  Notice the trigger finger.

However, since we are on that subject I DO give weapons training to an Army Reserve unit.  But then I'm just a "reenactor".

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Those are wicked pics. Thanks.

Anyone that cant appreciate what our boyz and gurlz are goin through, needs to have their asses thoroughly kicked.

OohRaw USMC 89-93
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://www.vaq34.com/junk/02.jpg[/img]

Caribiner on the barrel? That won't affect accuracy too much?

Sweet pics...love the EOTech/M14 set up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Even more so in war, men need a Good Dog.[:D]
Thanks for the post, great pics.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Outstanding pics.

Thanks KA3B

Infantry
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Ricker -

Love your 'shopped avatar.

Sumbitch OWNED!!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:52:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.navytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/122203front2.jpg[/url]
Spc. Alexander Ruiz, from Yuma, Ariz., with Team 2, Recon Platoon, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 5th Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 20th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, poses Friday for a picture with an AK-47 assault rifle his team captured in a raid on a home in Samarra.
View Quote

Posing like that & if he were wearing tan slacks & a flannel shirt buttoned only at the top I'd say he was in East LA.....[):)]  All that's missing is the candy-appple red deuce & 1/2 [:D]   Nice ChiCom AKM though.  Most of the Iraqi AK's seem to be Romanian, Yugoslavian & homegrown from the pix I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.navytimes.com/content/editorial/editart/122203front18.jpg[/url]

View Quote

View Quote

Amen, brother! EOTech just took a major step up in my book!

Looks like the rendition of the M14 with the AimPoint in BHD wasn't so fictitious after all!

Funny.....I wonder if HE makes such a big deal of his body count? Somehow I doubt it...

As for sniping out of the back of a helicopter, "Advanced" is right! I can't imagine how that's done. Helicopters aren't the most staple platforms in the world, and they put out one hell of a cross wind!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Caribiner on the barrel? That won't affect accuracy too much?
View Quote

Either that or loose the weapon out of the back of a [u]moving[/u] helicopter...

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Says alot for the EoTech.  This should DEFINATELY be discussed in the notorious immortal thread "Aimpoint vs. EoTech...distance shots"
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Seeing that 14 in action as well as many stories and pix from Afghanistan makes me confident in my choice when I bought it a few years ago. As much as I love my AR - the M1A is my battlerifle of choice.

God bless those guys and I hope he gets 8 more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top