Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/14/2019 1:29:29 AM EDT
So, zombies rise, asteroid falls, nukes fly, Ebola creeps, the Fappening VI, Storm Ninjas from the Commie-Gov, etc.....

Whichever.  The S has H'd T F.  It's FO time.

However, since you're just Joe Average ARFcommer, you (and your mil-, that is, group of associates who don't at all call themselves the Wolverines(!!!!)) don't have any heavy firepower like MGs, RPGs, etc.  You still have to deal with mutants, marauders, and other such nuisances that come for your beans in large groups or mounted in trucks.

So what pre-SHTF legal options (i.e. having them right now won't draw the BATF to your house for a nightcap) exist for truck-stopping, group-suppressing firepower?

.50 BMG rifles?  Civil War repro cannons?  Heavy-barreled ARs with drum mags?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#1]
bumpstock
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m just putting a lifesize cardboard cutout of Hillary Clinton at the end of the driveway. That should keep the marauders at bay.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably an AR10 with a drum magazine (idk off the top of my head if anyone makes AR10 drum mags) and whatever civie-legal bullets would most reliably penetrate and disable a car's engine. Do they make a 7.62 equivalent of M855?

Aside from that, if you're an engineer and can figure it out, the materials to manufacture things that aren't currently legal to own. In a theoretical zombie SHTF, I imagine a former aerospace engineer who used to work on the F-35 at Lockheed Martin could figure out how to put together a shitty-but-functional rocket launcher.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Flamethrowers are legal
Xl18
XM42
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy whatever you like in the way of tooling, parts, plans etc. and store off site. If the balloon goes up retrieve your shit and get to work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Chainsaws, razor wire, some gearing, a motor of some kind, and a few odds and ends will make you have a windmill of death in your yard.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:30:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Six pack and a few pickled eggs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Baby oil
A half gallon of whiskey
A hard dick

Let’s party
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Baby oil
A half gallon of whiskey
A hard dick

Let's party
View Quote
oh yeah
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
THERMITE!

Its easy to make and chances are they'll have at least a babcat rolling your way.

Sticky thing with thermite makes the ants leave the colony.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:53:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Buy whatever you like in the way of tooling, parts, plans etc. and store off site. If the balloon goes up retrieve your shit and get to work.
View Quote
And power them with?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, zombies rise, asteroid falls, nukes fly, Ebola creeps, the Fappening VI, Storm Ninjas from the Commie-Gov, etc.....

Whichever.  The S has H'd T F.  It's FO time.

However, since you're just Joe Average ARFcommer, you (and your mil-, that is, group of associates who don't at all call themselves the Wolverines(!!!!)) don't have any heavy firepower like MGs, RPGs, etc.  You still have to deal with mutants, marauders, and other such nuisances that come for your beans in large groups or mounted in trucks.

So what pre-SHTF legal options (i.e. having them right now won't draw the BATF to your house for a nightcap) exist for truck-stopping, group-suppressing firepower?

View Quote
I can think of several ways to stop trucks.  None of them involve firepower.   Lots of work, some tools, and some materials though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#14]
You wanna know how to really survive an event like you're talking about?

Hide. Or die.

There's a lot of masturbatory discussion on this, and everyone thinks they're Rambo, but the truth is, the "zombies" will get most people.

I ask myself something every once in awhile. Can I defend against myself in X situation?
The answer is always no. The only way I survive against myself is by hiding. Location unknown, and never being found, otherwise I'm fucked
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:35:00 AM EDT
[#15]
You get ‘em where the Wolverines got theirs...

Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:50:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#17]
AR15 and a shitload of loaded magazines.  Decent IR laser setup.  Decent night vision.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
night vision and thermal

and a good choke point
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
THERMITE!

Its easy to make and chances are they'll have at least a babcat rolling your way.

Sticky thing with thermite makes the ants leave the colony.
View Quote
Thermate. Buy everything while it's cheap and available!
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Whichever.  The S has H'd T F.  It's FO time...
View Quote
Why not all at the same time?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I am a chemist ,science is fun kids, science is fun. With a high enough enthalpy change exothermic reactions can be extra fun
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#22]
If SHTF I care about what's legal and what isn't even less than I do now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If SHTF I care about what's legal and what isn't even less than I do now.
View Quote
I think he means things you can easily buy now without restriction. I.e. toilet paper.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#24]
I would wager that if SHTF actually does happen people will unwrap a LOT of good stuff that has been waiting for the occasion.

Not everyone is worried about what’s legal and illegal........
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#26]
That makes momma moist.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And power them with?
View Quote
Cordless drills have been around for a while now as have gas powered portable generators. Or an inverter powered off your car electrical system for a drill press, mini mill, small lathe.

SHTF may have some warning or it may go down like someone throwing a switch, who can say ?? Either way with what you have on hand, if you've prepared at all, should leave you with some options for powering tools for a limited time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#28]
ANFO parts are all legal, at least separately.

Coat hangers are legal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll just inject myself with the Rage virus and eat some fucking brains...
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would wager that if SHTF actually does happen people will unwrap a LOT of good stuff that has been waiting for the occasion.

Not everyone is worried about what’s legal and illegal........
View Quote
Yeah, not everybody turns in grandpa's WWII or VN unpapered stuff or tosses it into a large body of water. Some just take it home and do what grandpa did...STFU & wait.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Chuck Norris
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#32]
I take a "roll yer own" approach.

Quoted:
I am a chemist ,science is fun kids, science is fun. With a high enough enthalpy change exothermic reactions can be extra fun
View Quote
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Got any coathangers?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Those are the weirdest looking stripper clips I have ever seen, I don't think they would load any magazine very effectively....
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Those are the weirdest looking stripper clips I have ever seen, I don't think they would load any magazine very effectively....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You just need the right magazine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Black powder mortars are unregulated and easy to make.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Yup.

Good prep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Learn to make a ball mill and make black powder. I can make about a pound and a half per run. I make my own charcoal and buy the other 2 ingredients
from the feed store in bulk. It cost me about $1.50 to $2  a pound to make. I have a swivel cannon 1.75" bore. You can handle it your self.

I can talk about other things you can do with bp but I don't want to be breaking any laws until there are no laws.

But I would go low visibility and use such things as last ditch effort. Maybe in a couple of years get a 4" bore chambered mountain howitzer and load with
a civil war canister round. That you will need at least 2 people to be able to run it.  What is old is new.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#40]
.50 BMG high explosive rounds are currently legal in most states. That is the definition of a truck stopper. Also 20mm rifles are legal.

That's about as far as it goes. Tannerite is pretty much useless, as one would expect considering it's less regulated than fireworks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hide. Or die.

There's a lot of masturbatory discussion on this, and everyone thinks they're Rambo, but the truth is, the "zombies" will get most people.

I ask myself something every once in awhile. Can I defend against myself in X situation?
The answer is always no. The only way I survive against myself is by hiding. Location unknown, and never being found, otherwise I'm fucked
View Quote
Depends on what kind of SHTF scenario we're talking about.

Yeah, I'm fucked.  

You need to living somewhere remote, with other like minded folks.  If you're going solo thinking you'll defend your family, well you gotta sleep sometime.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Rule number one, save the last round for yourself.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
oh yeah
View Quote
My post hurricane brotha.

I do get a kick out of all these threads when those of us down south have either lived it or brushed the edge of it time and time again.

Y’all either need to harden the fuck up or fuckin’ relax. I can’t tell which.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Your rifle?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I do get a kick out of all these threads when those of us down south have either lived it or brushed the edge of it time and time again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
oh yeah

Get both?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And power them with?
View Quote
I have 3 Honda EU2000i’s and a triple parallel kit with a 50A adapter. I also have a 34’ fifth wheel.

Lol, Yankees.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Get both?
View Quote
Might be the case. I can’t figure these panicky jacklegs out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Baby oil
A half gallon of whiskey
A hard dick

Let’s party
View Quote
It’s not a party until you have meth rocks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The "Zulu" horde that gets mowed down by the small number of armed heroes is kind of a movie staple, not to mention stories out of the Korean War etc.

I was at a shoot where we shot through poles, not as thick telephone poles but pretty thick. It was really a machine gun shoot but I had a $ 350 semi auto AR. I ran through a mountain of mags and could barely hold the carbine but it never stopped shooting. Obviously being pinned down inevitably ends badly if your opponent keeps coming, with cover, an AR and ammo your opponent is in a tough situation without heavier weapons that'll defeat the cover or a willingness to spend lives.

Although there were tragic deaths during the "Blackhawk Down" battle where great men were taken down by hordes of scumbags, there were also many confrontations were small groups of Americans defeated huge numbers of attackers.

But yeah, it's internet mental masturbation
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hide. Or die.

The "Zulu" horde that gets mowed down by the small number of armed heroes is kind of a movie staple, not to mention stories out of the Korean War etc.

I was at a shoot where we shot through poles, not as thick telephone poles but pretty thick. It was really a machine gun shoot but I had a $ 350 semi auto AR. I ran through a mountain of mags and could barely hold the carbine but it never stopped shooting. Obviously being pinned down inevitably ends badly if your opponent keeps coming, with cover, an AR and ammo your opponent is in a tough situation without heavier weapons that'll defeat the cover or a willingness to spend lives.

Although there were tragic deaths during the "Blackhawk Down" battle where great men were taken down by hordes of scumbags, there were also many confrontations were small groups of Americans defeated huge numbers of attackers.

But yeah, it's internet mental masturbation
You had me at masturbation there penguin
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Awww damn, gotta' go change my pants
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top