Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 6:17:13 AM EDT
The Christmas party for the IT division of the company I work for was nothing but Indian food.  It was there to cater to Patel, Mujibar and Punjaab.  Where the hell was the Ham and Turkey?  These cow fuckers don't even celebrate Christmas.  WTF??
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't like Indian food?  Tandoori chicken, curry.  Mmmm . . .
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I assume the party was held in the US?  If so, be glad, because next year it will probably be in India, and you won't be invited.

The good news is that there appears to be a small backlash over the piss poor quality and service coming out of Indian programming centers.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#3]
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CURRY!

Start looking for a new job.

Your days are numbered
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Christmas party for the IT division of the company I work for was nothing but Indian food.  It was there to cater to Patel, Mujibar and Punjaab.  Where the hell was the Ham and Turkey?  These cow fuckers don't even celebrate Christmas.  WTF??
View Quote

tough being the only AMERICAN in the department isn't it.

mike
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your days are numbered
View Quote
Ding Ding Ding! (And them ain't sleigh bells ringin'!)
[img]http://www.gov.state.mo.us/kids/games/teasers/hammer.gif[/img]
[b]fight4yourrights[/b] hit the nail on the head. If you think the curry leaves a bad taste in your mouth, wait'll you take a big bite out of the shit sandwich your pink slip is gonna be served on. Sorry, man. The truth hurts sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#6]
If you aren't training these guys to replace you now, you'll be asked shortly to do so.

Sorry dude, but you are fucked. [:(]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I assume the party was held in the US?  If so, be glad, because next year it will probably be in India, and you won't be invited.
View Quote

Now that's funny, and the truth.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The good news is that there appears to be a small backlash over the piss poor quality and service coming out of Indian programming centers.
View Quote

I work for the Curry Cookers too...they squeeze the nickle so hard the Buffalo shits.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to make light of this situation, but I'd love that.  I love indian food...lamb vindaloo or korma with nan and onion chutney...I could care less about the culture, but don't be disin' the food.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#10]
[Apu voice] "Thank you, come again. " [/Apu voice]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Geesh - within two days, someone will be posting on here about how they are sick of always eating the same thing everywhere they go for Christmas.

You can't please everyone.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Your days are numbered
View Quote

The irony of the situation is that most of the actual employees are not indians.  The indians make up the contractors and we have been on a recruiting spree over the last year, hiring over 200 new employees.  

Also, in a bit of a twist, I am on the project that will eventually replace the software the ole Patel is working on.  We are due to roll out our project over the next three years, so time will tell, but it may not be my days that are numbered.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you considered getting into the hotel business?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your days are numbered
View Quote

The irony of the situation is that most of the actual employees are not indians.  The indians make up the contractors and we have been on a recruiting spree over the last year, hiring over 200 new employees.  

Also, in a bit of a twist, I am on the project that will eventually replace the software the ole Patel is working on.  We are due to roll out our project over the next three years, so time will tell, but it may not be my days that are numbered.
View Quote

You are the exception to the rule then. The Mexican is to United States hard labor what the Indian is to United States IT support. I got put on hold for one hour by Microsoft to talk to some guy in India about how to fix my 'puter. He was courteous and helpful, something foreign to the American labor force I have encountered in public service positions lately (cashiers, phone assistance, waitresses).
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your days are numbered
View Quote

View Quote

You are the exception to the rule then. The Mexican is to United States hard labor what the Indian is to United States IT support. I got put on hold for one hour by Microsoft to talk to some guy in India about how to fix my 'puter. He was courteous and helpful, something foreign to the American labor force I have encountered in public service positions lately (cashiers, phone assistance, waitresses).
View Quote

I hope I am the exception.  Who knows these days?  Anyway, good customer service story.  There is a burger place down the road from us called "someburger".  Good burgers, but the absolute shittiest service I have ever had.  One time the bitch behind the counter got pissed because I wanted her to remake my burger because they fucked it up.  The put cheese all over it when I explicitly asked for no cheese in small words spoken slowly so she could understand it.  

And I quote:
Bitch - "No, you told me you want cheese on burger, you just change your mind"
Me - "No, I told you no cheese, do you understand english or should I try mexican?"
Bitch -

All this after I got my remade burger.  Don't go back there, but the cunt probably won't be there much longer.  I'll just wait and come back when she quits.  Typical bad service that is everywhere in the U.S.  The minimum wage peons don't like there job so they take it out on us.  Too bad, I didn't make you take the job, so don't try and piss on me for it.

Good service has become expensive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Start leaning math, science, physics and computer science, and get your kids to do the same if you want to retain your job and protect your children's employment.

And please take some social sciences too if you don't know or understand that Hindus don't celebrate the birth of Christ! [lol]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#17]
PS: Hold a pot luck next year so you can bring some ham and turkey (not proper nouns BTY) for yourself.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Our company parties have mostly Indian food.  Ironically, most of the people laid off in the last year were not American from birth.  The good thing is, the place that caters has really tasty food.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Did they at least have slurpies too?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#20]
My neighbors did that Indian shit all the time when I lived in a townhouse.

They stank up my house so bad I had to leave.

Even they didn't like the stench of Indian food, since they would open up doors and windows in freezing weather while they were cooking it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#21]
It's a sign....They train and prepare you for oversea duty. Good Luck.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#22]
MMMMM I like that flat bread and the red chicken.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MMMMM I like that flat bread and the red chicken.
View Quote

Me too. There is an Indian place in town that has a buffet (NOT GOLDEN CHINA buffet type shit but a very small, nicely done one) that is excellent. They bring out freshly cooked, warm flatbread and great sauces!

Welcome to the melting pot.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I work in IT with a lot of offshore labor.  While I keep hearing stories about how things are cheaper and better, I'm tyrannized by my own experience.  More than half of our group is from India.  Of those 8 people, one of them is honest and hard working.  The other 7 are the most lazy, dishonest people I've ever worked with.  This is also the first place I've worked where racism is blatant.  Anyone who doesn't have an answer to the standard first day question "which part of India are you from?" is considered inferior.

I've been hearing more and more of companies having these experiences and realizing that they're not getting what they think.  Someone thinks that a DBA in India for $20K is better than a DBA in the US for $100K.  That would be true if the experience level were comparable.  We could probably get a person calling themself a DBA in the US for $20K who has as much experience as the one we have now.

Anyone looking for a unix sysadmin and/or programmer in Phoenix?  This job is better than no job, but I'm looking to jump ship ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Start leaning math, science, physics and computer science, and get your kids to do the same if you want to retain your job and protect your children's employment.
View Quote

B.S. in Computer Science, B.S. in Mathematics.  This is enough right now, looking to get a Masters, but can't decide which field just yet, hopefully education will keep me ahead of the curve.

And please take some social sciences too if you don't know or understand that Hindus don't celebrate the birth of Christ! [lol]
View Quote

I covered that in my first post.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#26]
il'l take an order of lamb korma with a side of garlic nan and onion baja(sp?).  A mango lasi to wash it down would be good too.

If thats not available just save me some chicken pasanda, vegitable pakora and some fresh roti.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#27]
when I eat at east Indian buffets I always eat a big plate of Basmati rice with chicken vindaloo over the rice, it's basically a curry chicken stew, with a thick piece of Indian flat
bread or roti, also the red tandoori chicken
and for desert I like the sweet rice pudding or
the fried brown balls in syrup.

Indian food is very unique and flavorful, I eat
it when I crave spicy foods.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Most Indians I have worked with have been extremely bigoted and arrogant.  In fact, I cannot think of an exception.  ALL Indians I have worked with are bigoted and arrogant.  My sister is married to a Sikh.

Of course, God did not elect me to be the ambassador for white men, but DAMN, I hate the arrogance!  They're almost as bad as the ENGLISH!!!

Whenever Zeny goes shopping at the Asian market down the street, they follow her around, and try to cheat her.  To say the least, I do not like this.

This tirade, of course, does NOT apply to the Ghurkhas, the finest, most splendid examples of military courtesy, bravery, courage, honesty and humor that have graced the face of this earth.  

BTW:  The Ghurkhas take pride in their playing of the Pipes, and have beaten many a Highland band in competition.  I'll raise a dram of Glenlivet to ANY man who served a term as a Ghurkha!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#29]
At the last large company I worked at, they hired 40 Indians to write this huge Oracle application. The company spent millions to bring these guys over from India and pay them for 4 years. After 4 years, the company finally realized these Indians were playing them, so they fired them all, threw everything away, and went back to their old proprietary UNIX application. Little did they know that these Indian Oracle DBAs and DB programming experts we coming over to my group and asking us to verify their friggin' SQL statements. This is what happens when you base all you decisions on the bottom line.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw stuff like this all the time in Silicon Valley. It was the big reason I chose to leave. Several people I knew left the tech industry never to return because they could see the writing on the wall.

Companies pandered to H1Bs and treated the Americans like shit. When the layoffs came, who got cut? Not the H1Bs! I recall SUN was being sued by some Federal agency for doing this. Not like any of the people wrongly terminated will see any settlement.

I worked with many Chinese and Indian hardware engineers. They were almost all hacks that had trouble modifying existing designs. They were far too clueless to do a ground-up design of their own. Their educations were mediocre at best. Most wouldn't make a decent technician.
But they worked cheap! (despite the fact the law mandates they be paid the same as an American worker)

Short sighted and greedy is the best was to describe the whole H1B sellout of American workers.  These companies are simply whores.
Top Top