Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 11:42:58 AM EDT
on the vehicles that are right-hand drive how are the pedals set up? is the gas still controlled with the right foot, or is it also backwards and is controlled with the left foot? also how are the transmissions setup? is the pattern the same as a regular vehicle ie: 1st gear in upper left.... or is it also backwards?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
on the vehicles that are right-hand drive how are the pedals set up? is the gas still controlled with the right foot, or is it also backwards and is controlled with the left foot? also how are the transmissions setup? is the pattern the same as a regular vehicle ie: 1st gear in upper left.... or is it also backwards?
View Quote

Dunno about the tranny, as I only drove an automatic.  But the pedals are the same as ours.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Pedals the same, tranny pattern is reverse. Meaning, first gear is up and right (closest to your left knee).  Doesn't take too long to get used to.

What got me is, when you turn the wheel to the left, the car turns right! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My biggest problem was left hand turns.  It took me a while to not jump the curb.  You're making a sharper turn while having to look over the passenger seat ina direction that's opposite to what you're used to.

Edit to say that's assuming the car is in a right hand drive country...not the US.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Parallel parking is a dream.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Pedals the same, tranny pattern is reverse. Meaning, first gear is up and right (closest to your left knee). Doesn't take too long to get used to.
View Quote

The cars here have the 1st gear up and to the left...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top