Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 7:43:42 AM EDT
Started on the Stinger Arms stripped lower yesterday.  Waiting on pivot pins and springs in the mail today to finish it.  Ordered from Sherluk yesterday.
Think I am going with a 16" Expedition upper from J&T to finish it. Had one and traded it last spring. I like the built in comp and it shot really well.

I was worried there would not be a long skinny box under the tree.  Wonder if I could get a compass inlayed in the stock....
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Great idea!

I bought my wife a BM AR15 for her bday in Oct.!

She loves it![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
And the Father of the Year Award goes to...

If it were for me - I'd prefer to be given the whole kit to build myself.  I'm SURE he won't be complaining about that though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Good job!
So how old is your boy?
I built my boy a pre ban when he was 9 because he was to small for a standard stock.
Mine just loves that rifle and won't soon forget it.
Nothing like an accurate rifle to keep up the interest.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Building my son an AR for Christmas!
View Quote

Adopt me!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#5]
He will be 21 on New Year's day.  This will be his first AR.  He really liked this configuration in the rifle I traded, I did not know how much until it was gone.  
I think he will be a happy camper come Christmas morning.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#6]
That's the gift that keeps on giving all year long.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#7]
that would be cool, but let me guess you are going to have to "test" fire it before you give it to him?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#8]
My daughter is 12, and she is starting to ask to shoot my AR.  Well, more than that, she shoots my AR very often, and very well.  Do you think I need to have one built that fits her?  She is 5'6" tall and at 12, I think she will be at least 5'9 or 10 before she quites growing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Your wife may buy that story, but we know who it's really for.

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top