Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Who didn't see that coming with that ugly handgun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you posted the same link twice
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a shame someone tried something new and failed
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:07:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a shame someone tried something new and failed
View Quote
Agreed.

Based on some of the reports, the handgun may not have lived up to the massive hype, though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Based on some of the reports, the handgun may not have lived up to the massive hype, though.
View Quote
They are pretty nice IMO
I have said from the beginning in 5 years the things are either gonna be 3K on gunbroker or $300 on CDNN .

Either way didn't think the company would last .
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View Quote
Everyone bitches there's nothing new but seems new = dead so everyone makes the same thing just different colors
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View Quote
What was bad about it though?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:12:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:20:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I kind of liked the gun looks wise, but never heard an unbiased review.
Plus, it's hard to tell if they will take off like a Kahr, or flop.
Then you have a gun you can't get parts for.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:21:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Without having used one myself, I'd only be parroting the experience of others...  but after its initial release, a number of gun bloggers came out with a multitude of complaints.

A quick search on youtube will show you a number of videos citing major issues with reliability, accuracy, mags dropping, etc.

I suspect that this influx of negativity really impacted sales quite heavily.

Here is one such video
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:23:44 AM EDT
[#11]
That’s a shame because I thought that gun looked pretty promising
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:26:01 AM EDT
[#12]
That’s a shame. Seemed like a neat concept. Their FB is a dumpster fire of people railing on em right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think you posted the same link twice
View Quote
Here’s the second link I meant to post
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:27:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I thought it kinda looked cool and was thinking about getting one
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:33:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I never fired one, but just in handling one it was a weird combo of a Hi Power and a really gritty 1911 trigger with an upside down Glock safety
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:34:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's a shame. Seemed like a neat concept. Their FB is a dumpster fire of people railing on em right now.
View Quote
People sent pistols in for service and radio silence for months same with orders and money
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:39:03 AM EDT
[#17]
There was one for sale close by.. I thought about it and almost got it.. glad I didn't now
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:45:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That’s a shame. Seemed like a neat concept. Their FB is a dumpster fire of people railing on em right now.
View Quote
Holy shit, the comments are bad.

People complaining about broken pistols with no response from Hudson for weeks or months.  Sounds like a really raw deal when they spent $1200 on the pistol...

This is also a great lesson in being careful buying into the praise of 'gun celebrities'.  For some time, all the usual suspects were singing praises to their hundreds of thousands of followers...  this is exactly why I specifically look for negaive reviews before jumping on board with a new product.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:46:58 AM EDT
[#19]
From Wiki--

"In December of 2018, the Facebook Hudson H9 Group carried many discussions regarding broken H9 pistols and their return to Hudson Mfg for repair work. Continued discussions through January 2019 reported that those H9s sent back to Hudson had still not been repaired or returned to their owners, and Cy Hudson stopped responding to those discussions or any others on the forum. Hudson Mfg. had reserved a booth at the 2019 SHOT Show, but as of 22 January 2019 their booth remained empty. Calls to the company's offices in Temple, Texas go unanswered and straight to voicemail, causing speculation that Hudson Mfg is entering bankruptcy proceedings."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_H9

Doesn't sound good.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:48:56 AM EDT
[#21]
that sucks.

i almost bought one from them but decided to finish an ar instead
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:53:08 AM EDT
[#22]
A sample of posts from FB (there are lots more), names redacted:

Today my H9 passed 200 malfunctions. It has not even reached 2000 rounds. As if that wasn't enough, the tritium insert in the front sight fell out today as well. It took 3 months to get a response from your customer service last time. Can't say I'm confident you'll do better this time around.  
View Quote
Hello, your phone number just leads to a over full voice mail box. I haven't gotten a e-mail back since last Friday. Just like last time i had to send my H9 in for service... However my extractor has now broken and i need another. so i shall be petty until i get the customer service i deserve after foolishly spending almost a thousand dollars on this paperweight.
View Quote
Are you guys not answering the phone or emails anymore? There is not option to leave a message because the voicemail box is full, and I haven't received a return email in a long time. Trying to get some replacement parts ordered since July and have had no luck since then. Any chance you'll be getting back to customers any time soon?  
View Quote
I messaged them in Instagram just hoping to hear something and I can see that they've been on but I'd bet anything they deleted my message without evening reading it.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:57:41 AM EDT
[#23]
That’s why I rarely get in on Gen 1 firearms.

Sucks that it happened though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 3:38:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From Wiki--

"In December of 2018, the Facebook Hudson H9 Group carried many discussions regarding broken H9 pistols and their return to Hudson Mfg for repair work. Continued discussions through January 2019 reported that those H9s sent back to Hudson had still not been repaired or returned to their owners, and Cy Hudson stopped responding to those discussions or any others on the forum. Hudson Mfg. had reserved a booth at the 2019 SHOT Show, but as of 22 January 2019 their booth remained empty. Calls to the company's offices in Temple, Texas go unanswered and straight to voicemail, causing speculation that Hudson Mfg is entering bankruptcy proceedings."

Doesn't sound good.
View Quote
Sounds like my experience with Taurus just before their class action and recall. Sucks that all those waiting might be hung out to dry.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 3:42:27 AM EDT
[#25]
That's sad.

But it is true doing something different is a massive risk. This thing would have had to have been near perfect and a game changing success to work well in this current gun market.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 4:20:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Well that sucks.  My wife bought herself one and we love it.  It had problems dropping mags initially but we sent it back and it was fixed.  Maybe a two week turn around time.  Since then we have shot it pretty regularly and it has been delightful.  Accurate, smooth and so far perfect in reliability. Hell just a few days ago we talked about ordering another with the optic cut slide and a threaded barrel...
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 4:21:00 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't buy handguns on looks. I'm a hardcore functionality type, but one LGS had a trade in under the glass back about 6 months back.   I thought it a rather elegant looking critter, like the sort of piece you'd pack at a black tie event.  Asking price was was $900. Wish now I would have impulse bought it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 4:23:48 AM EDT
[#28]
somebody tag gun jeebus he was all on they nuts
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 4:51:59 AM EDT
[#29]
This makes me sad. I liked their gun and that they tried to go into the business of making them. Sounds like they needed a better metallurgist/
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Who didn't see that coming with that ugly handgun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Holy shit, the comments are bad.

People complaining about broken pistols with no response from Hudson for weeks or months.  Sounds like a really raw deal when they spent $1200 on the pistol...

This is also a great lesson in being careful buying into the praise of 'gun celebrities'.  For some time, all the usual suspects were singing praises to their hundreds of thousands of followers...  this is exactly why I specifically look for negaive reviews before jumping on board with a new product.
View Quote
There is definitely something to be said about evaluating reliability before buying
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't buy handguns on looks. I'm a hardcore functionality type, but one LGS had a trade in under the glass back about 6 months back.   I thought it a rather elegant looking critter, like the sort of piece you'd pack at a black tie event.  Asking price was was $900. Wish now I would have impulse bought it.
View Quote
@Flysc

Bud's supposedly has some if you really want one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They are pretty nice IMO
I have said from the beginning in 5 years the things are either gonna be 3K on gunbroker or $300 on CDNN .

View Quote
I was going to say the same thing: they'll either be collector's items or worthless.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#34]
a bigger company will swoop in on the design and have in manufactured in croatia or turkey and people will love them - rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#35]
No way. Expensive ass and ugly gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#36]
It’s honestly a shame if they do.   It has the ability to be a good gun if the stars line up. Maybe they should sell the rights to bushmaster as they couldn’t really fuck it up as bad as they did the ACR.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I rented one and didn't understand the hype.

Hate to see a gun manufacturer go broke.
However, if I'm spending $1200 on a heavy all steel pistol I would rather get a 1911, a hi power, or even a Deagle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was going to say the same thing: they'll either be collector's items or worthless.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are pretty nice IMO

With the myriad problems people are having with them, my money's on "worthless".
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
From Wiki--

Doesn't sound good.
View Quote
Sounds like a cluster fuck in the making
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#40]
That really sucks, I thought it was a great idea and wanted it to take off.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#41]
That's a shame, it was one of the few new handguns that actually interested me. I was considering buying one as the price continued to come down
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guy at our shooting club had to send his back multiple times.  I believe his exact words were "I'm waiting for this thing to hopefully blow up so they'll give me my money back"

Looks like he's SOL now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's a shame, it was one of the few new handguns that actually interested me. I was considering buying one as the price continued to come down
View Quote
Same, I was waiting for the aluminum version. Damn! Maybe they'll get rescued by Ruger, S&W or someone..
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#44]
That sucks. I thought the concept for the pistol was very cool.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#45]
So I guess I shouldn't hold out for the aluminum version then.

I wanted one.  Not badly, probably put a few boxes through it then stuff it in the safe with the HK P7's and such.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Sucks, I heard mixed things about the H9 though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Too much money for an unproven pistol may have killed them unfortunately.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#48]
God help the non-union person who applied that marker to the floor.  The Marker Union and the clean-up union will be out for blood.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#49]
They haven't posted anything on Instagram since December 11th, before that they would post every few days.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Actually just handled one for the first time on Saturday an acquaintance bought. The trigger did not feel all that great and the pivot swinging the opposite of normal was odd.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top