User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a dupe. I posted OP's link in the other thread sometime this morning.
View Quote
Overruled.

There is an established procedure for perfecting a call of dupage.

Elements of said procedure are not present.

Alleged dupe until perfected.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You call "dupe", you post a link.
Doesn't matter if it's a dupe or not........call "dupe", post link.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 2:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He’ll probably wish the home invaders had killed him by the time the Texas legal system gets done making an example out of him. Then, he will have the opportunity to be sued endlessly by the families of the “victims.”

If he’s lucky, the grand jury will “no bill” him, and he will only be liable for tens of thousands of dollars worth of court costs and attorney fees.
View Quote
If that's true it sucks.

Here in SC, there can be no criminal or civil case brought against a homeowner involved in a self defense shooting.

Any person involved in criminal activity cannot sue the victim for injuries or death that resulted from the activity.

If you rob a store and slip on a wet floor and break your leg, you can't sue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Only mistake was not shooting the two survivors again as you know some scumbag lawyer represent the perps and sue the home owner in civil court.

Follow the blood trail!
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If that's true it sucks.

Here in SC, there can be no criminal or civil case brought against a homeowner involved in a self defense shooting.

Any person involved in criminal activity cannot sue the victim for injuries or death that resulted from the activity.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He’ll probably wish the home invaders had killed him by the time the Texas legal system gets done making an example out of him. Then, he will have the opportunity to be sued endlessly by the families of the “victims.”

If he’s lucky, the grand jury will “no bill” him, and he will only be liable for tens of thousands of dollars worth of court costs and attorney fees.
If that's true it sucks.

If he is no billed, he cant face civil law suits.  They can sue, but the case will get thrown out
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
If only he could have killed the other two
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Probably a drug dealer with an AK. Either way good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought that there had to be more to the story but stopped reading when it said " Houston" and saw the squalor neighborhood pic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like a nice part of town with a host of intelligent neighbors who run outside to see who's shooting.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"The homeowner appears to have defended himself," Houston Police Department homicide detective Travis Miller told KTRK-TV."

Homeowner was willing, it seems.
View Quote
He was willing is right and he did not have to think about it long.

He realized the threat and was willing to stop it without much thought.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"The homeowner was not injured."

Best part of the whole story after reading about that carnage. He was obviously prepared after telling himself that he wouldn't be a victim.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your coloring books miss you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#16]

A neighbor told KTRK he heard the shots and went outside to make sure he wasn't dreaming.
View Quote
That is not smart.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Perfect.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does insurance pay for such repairs? Where does he sleep that night, knowing he spattered people's guts all around the house? I'm sure he will need some counseling after this. Good shot though, glad he was unscathed.
View Quote
I'll try to find it, but Cooper wrote about this, and how one can shift perspective from a place of remorse, guilt, and fear into a mental state of elation and even celebration that a challenge was presented and he won.  Good vs evil and all that.

No one of course knows how they'd react in a situation like this, but given his coolness under fire, I presume he was well prepared for this mentally.

Me?  I'd seek some counseling, but I don't *think* I'd feel bad about some scumbags dying through their own actions in my house.  But as you know, I might be totally wrong.  In any case, I thought the piece was interesting.  It may have been in Principles of Personal Defense, I'll have to check when I get home.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Texas has the Castle Doctrine.  It would be almost impossible to prosecute this guy if the shooting happened like he said.  No prosecution means no law suits in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"The homeowner was not injured."

Best part of the whole story after reading about that carnage. He was obviously prepared after telling himself that he wouldn't be a victim.
View Quote
Exactly, I love a happy ending.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top