Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 12:37:23 PM EDT
Much like looking down the barrel of your AR (or ANY other firearm), NEVER EVER EVER STARE into a SUREFURE when you turn it on.

I just got my little G2 in the mail and turned the twist knob on the back. Nothing. Worried that it shipped with no batteries or worse,  something was wrong with it, I spun it around to where the business end was facing me and turned the end a little further. OUCH! And that is just a little G2. I am glad it wasn't something bigger.

Damn, I can hardly see the keyboard.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
When I went to Thunder Ranch, a buddy loaned me one that fits on the rails on my Glock 34.  I put it on and was playing around with it and inadvertantly shined it into a mirror and into my own eyes.

I was amazed!  I was totally blinded for a few seconds.  I bet it would do the same to an unsuspecting bad guy.

Great lights.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 G2's on the way! Must be popular. The company I ordered from had them on back-order.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
"You'll put an eye out with that thing!"

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Try an M-900 with the 125 lumen bulb. [shock]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Z2 and I changed it out to the 120 lumen bulb. I tested it out on some friends one night where I would stick it in their face and hit the button and needless to say the results were IMPRESSIVE. I am gonna eventually get one for my woman too. The damn thing is about as effective as mace. I shined it into my own eyes (since I did it to everybody else) and it really disorients/hurts/bewilders you!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine (actually it is a G2Z) off eBay for pretty cheap. I am still impressed by how bright the light is. I could never figure out why someone would spend that amount of $$$ on a flashlight. I mean, its just a flashlight, right? Wrong. Man, impressive. Definately will be adding a bigger one to the M4 SOON. I will also being buying some surefire for around the house use.

You don't even need to shoot someone anymore. Just blind them with the Surefire and they will immediately in the floor withering from 'optical pain'.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
first thing i did when i got my G2 was shine it in my eyes [:O]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
BTDT club
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a Z3 from e-bay. When I'm not blinding my buddies with the high intensity lamp, I use it to pop popcorn or heat leftovers.

CW
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
i got the M3 Surefire for my SO for xmas...

think he'll like it??
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got a Z3 from e-bay. When I'm not blinding my buddies with the high intensity lamp, I use it to pop popcorn or heat leftovers.

CW
View Quote

[rofl]  [rofl2]  [lolabove]

I use mine to boil water for coffee in the field!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a instructor at a CAD class I was taking use a laser pointer to show things on the computer screens...trouble is it would reflect right back into my eyes and blind me.  

I love my sure-fire.  I use it to look through my fingers and hands.  Portable x-ray machine.  Sweet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top