Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 7:44:41 AM EDT
Part of the "problem" as I see it, is that we keep giving the government all the money that it needs to wage "war" against us. One soultion would be a good ol' fashion "Tax Revolt" where a large part of the population "forgets" to pay it's taxes come 15,April. This would send a very forceful message to D.C. that we're sick and tired of the way things are going and we aren't going to take it any more. The down side would be some of us would do jail time for not paying out taxes. THERE IS ANOTHER WAY THOUGH. If we could get 100 million true Americans to quit their jobs it would have about the same effect as a tax revolt without the risk of jail time. It'd be like we(Americans) had formed a giant Union and were going on strike against the government using our employers as a proxy. We'd have to get people to quit from all walks of live, all professions, doctors, police, bus drivers, mill workers, a good cross section of everyone in the U.S. that fed up with the way things are going. We won't work until we get to keep the money we make and enjoy the freedoms we  are gaurentee in the Constitution. What do ya'll think? Would it work? Are there enough REAL Amercians left to make a dent in the system?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well,  we need to eat and pay our mortgage,  now what???
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You quit first.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
i already quit, i am waiting on you guys
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i already quit, i am waiting on you guys
View Quote

Me too.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#5]
have fun in federal pound me in the ass prison [:p]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey TNFrank I wasn't trying to piss you off.

I'm there with you man(unemployed again)waitin on you!lol

it's all good.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I had to quit 2 1/2 years ago when mom had a masive stroke. Someone had to stay home and take care of her and my wife made more money then I did so I got elected. I know it'd be a hard row to hoe for some people. I'm also sure that some have money in the bank or could liquidate some things and have money to live off of for a number of months. 100 million people drawing un-employment, welfare adn food stamps would bankrupt the government in a matter of months. They would not have the funds to enforce most of the UnConstitutional laws that are on the books let alone pass any more. Once the government fell thru "lack of funds" we could march in and take the country back without so much as a shot being fired in anger. Sweet, isn't it. No one would have to die, we'd "over throw" the government and replace it with a Constitutional one like our founding fathers had in mind. I think it'd work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#8]
The refuse to pay taxes strategy is defeated before you start because the government seizes the money from your wages before you recieve it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had to quit 2 1/2 years ago when mom had a masive stroke. Someone had to stay home and take care of her and my wife made more money then I did so I got elected. I know it'd be a hard row to hoe for some people. I'm also sure that some have money in the bank or could liquidate some things and have money to live off of for a number of months. 100 million people drawing un-employment, welfare adn food stamps would bankrupt the government in a matter of months. They would not have the funds to enforce most of the UnConstitutional laws that are on the books let alone pass any more. Once the government fell thru "lack of funds" we could march in and take the country back without so much as a shot being fired in anger. Sweet, isn't it. No one would have to die, we'd "over throw" the government and replace it with a Constitutional one like our founding fathers had in mind. I think it'd work.
View Quote

People would die.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#10]
That's why I went with the "quit your job" deal instead of an all out tax revolt. If you don't work the government won't have any wages to draw money from so the end result is the same as not paying taxes only you're not breaking any law. No law says you have to work. Plus, you'll continue to deplete the governments money by drawing un-employment(if you're eligable)or getting welfare/food stamps. Money is the key to bring down this government not bullets. We cut off the money that supports the government and it'll be like cutting of the blood supply to the brain.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Money is the key.  I agree that your plan would work, but it will NEVER happen due to willful acts by Joe Sixpack.

The TRUTH of the matter is that 98% of all Americans prefer comfort over freedom.  As long as Joe Sixpack has a roof over his head, food on the table, and the game on TV, he doesn't care one wit about his freedom.

Should another Great Depression type of event occur, then it might have a chance.  Most people have to believe they have NOTHING left to lose before they will take action like you describe, and even then, there will be those who still do nothing to survive and will perish.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's why I went with the "quit your job" deal instead of an all out tax revolt. If you don't work the government won't have any wages to draw money from so the end result is the same as not paying taxes
View Quote

Man you really don't get how things operate inside the Beltway do ya?

All they would do would be to 'borrow' more money and continue on.  Then your kids and grandkids get to pay higher taxes to eventually repay that loan.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#14]
One big flaw.  we pay our taxes every week or every other week.  We don't pay them on April 15, all we do is file, they already have our money.
We would have to go into business by ourselves and not pay taxes.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top