Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 7:07:31 AM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105232,00.html

Mayor Files Complaint After Being Called 'Dude'

Tuesday, December 09, 2003
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Arvin Mayor Juan Olivares had just one request of a Kern County sheriff's deputy during a traffic stop — "Don't call me dude."

The mayor of the city of 20,000 people about 20 miles south of Bakersfield planned to file an official complaint with the sheriff's department, seeking to have the deputy fired for what he calls disrespectful behavior.

"I asked him five times, 'Please officer, don't call me dude.' I'm not a dude. I'm 41 years old, I'm a businessman, I'm a Christian and I consider myself a gentlemen," Olivares said Monday.

Olivares and Arvin City Councilwoman Carmen Acevedo were stopped by the deputy in Bakersfield on Nov. 23. Olivares, who was driving, said he was ticketed for having illegally tinted windows on his vehicle and Acevedo received a citation for having an open container of beer.

Olivares doesn't dispute the charges, but simply takes issue with being called dude.

"He was calling me dude and laughing about it," Olivares said. "I don't think Kern County needs that kind of leadership."

Both Olivares and Acevedo are due in traffic court December 17th.

Acevedo did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment. A message left for Sgt. Chevy Garza, spokesman for the Kern County Sheriff's Department, also was not returned.

This dude is serious about being called dude, dude. Maybe the cop should have tried "meow". Slightly less offensive and could still get the record.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]
(shaking my head) Dude!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
In traffic court there was a kid (19 or so) that kept calling the judge (woman judge) "dude".  He was the only one in court that day that did not get his ticket reduced or dismissed!  A little respect can go a long way...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#3]
[u] The Ten Meows: [/u]

"Alright Meow, hand over your license and registration… Your registration? Hurry up Meow."

[I]"Sorry."[/I]

"There something funny here boy?"

[I]"No, no, no." [/I]

"Well then why are you laughing Mr. Larry Johnson? Alright Meow, where were we?"

[I]"I'm sorry, are you saying Meow?" [/I]

"Am I saying Meow?"

[I]"I, I, I thought you..." [/I]

"...don't think boy!  Meow… do you know how fast you were goin'?  Meow what is so damned funny?"

[I]"I could've sworn you said Meow." [/I]

"Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumping around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree?"

[I]"No, no." [/I]

"Am I drinking milk from a saucer?"

[I]"No." [/I]

"Well do you see me eating mice? Now you stop laughing right now."

[I]"Yessir." [/I]

"Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one."

[I]"But..." [/I]

"...no buts Meow. That' the law. Not so funny Meow is it?"

"MEOW!"
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105232,00.html[/url]

Mayor Files Complaint After Being Called 'Dude'

Tuesday, December 09, 2003
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Arvin Mayor Juan Olivares had just one request of a Kern County sheriff's deputy during a traffic stop — "Don't call me dude."

The mayor of the city of 20,000 people about 20 miles south of Bakersfield planned to file an official complaint with the sheriff's department, seeking to have the deputy fired for what he calls disrespectful behavior.

"I asked him five times, 'Please officer, don't call me dude.' I'm not a dude. I'm 41 years old, I'm a businessman, I'm a Christian and I consider myself a gentlemen," Olivares said Monday.

Olivares and Arvin City Councilwoman Carmen Acevedo were stopped by the deputy in Bakersfield on Nov. 23. Olivares, who was driving, said he was ticketed for having [red]illegally tinted windows[/red] on his vehicle and Acevedo received a citation for having an [red]open container of beer[/red].

[red]Olivares doesn't dispute the charges[/red], but simply takes issue with being called dude.

"He was calling me dude and laughing about it," [red]Olivares said. "I don't think Kern County needs that kind of leadership."[/red]

View Quote

So just what kind of leadership does this "Mayor" believe Kern County should have???  I guess he believes it should be the kind of leadership that breaks the law....You know....Leadership by example.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]
So how did the cop know he was a mayor?
Sounds like he was trying to recieve respect that wasn't earned.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

According to our personal savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, we should [b]"Turn the other cheek"[/b]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#7]
IBTL.

Dupe topic
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=217937[/url]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Somebody has to do it...

[headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Why do I suddenly hear War's "The Low Rider" playing, as I read that article? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#10]
"Dude, what's mine say?"

"Sweet."

"What's mine say?"

"Dude."

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IBTL.

Dupe topic
View Quote

Damn, Sorry bout that...Im usually pretty good about checking before I post news stories. Obviously not this time. Feel free to lock it [s]dudes[/s]Mods....
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IBTL.

Dupe topic
View Quote

"Sweet!!!"

IBTL

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#13]
dude
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Dude!  No way dude!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude, IBTL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top