Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 7:33:32 PM EDT
My 1.2 MP is acting up.  I'm thinking of getting a new digital camera, around a 3.2 MP or so, trying to stay around $200.  Any ideas?  What type of storage media?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
What type of media does your old camera use?  I would pick one that uses the same type of media.  No need to spend more if you don't have to.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Kodak 3.1 at Walmart for $197

It has 16mb of internal memory and accepts compact flash cards.

128 mb  SD card ($65) will let the camera hold 130+ high quality pics or 500+ low quality.

It has 3X optical zoom and 3.3 digital (the more optical the better quality, digital zoom is only an enlargement.)

Get rechargeable batteries.  These digital cameras use them up quick.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Be sure that any camera you get is USB compatible and does not require any special software to retrieve the pictures from the camera, or removable media.  

Olympus is another good brand to check. Circuit City usually has good prices, but check around on the net for pricing.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
What type of media does your old camera use?  I would pick one that uses the same type of media.  No need to spend more if you don't have to.
View Quote
SmartMedia card, which seems to be on the way out.  I only have one card, lost the other one.  

Good info folks.  Keep it coming!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I highly recommend the Canon Powershot A70.  It uses compactflash tho, but it's an awesome camera.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top