Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2018 3:14:02 AM EDT
Star Trek: Prelude to Axanar
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I got excited when I saw this 3 years ago, only to find out CBS and Paramount crushed it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched that a few months ago.  What a shame its all we'll get.  Looks like a great story line.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
It was announced recently that Axanar will continue within the new fan film guidelines CBS set up.  It won't be what it should have been in terms of length, but the project is not dead.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]
That's good news.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:16:12 AM EDT
[#5]
What came next, a video or a video game? Love that build up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
“Sir, on viewer.  It’s a Klingon D7 class, 5000 meters and closing!”

Link Posted: 12/19/2018 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a shame CBS/Paramont passed on this to produce a crappy show like Star Trek Discovergay instead.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
In all honesty CBS should have just liceyAxanar or cut a deal. The 20 minute prelude was more interesting than the last movie they vomited up.

Oh and for more irony... their STD is likely the reason why they were so against Axanar. Well they’ve been sued for copyright infringement. Apparently they stole their plot, characters, and time travel spore things from a video game. The game hasn’t yet been released but was posted about extensively on steam long before STD came about.

I guess it’s another day of “do as I say not as I do” for Star Trek.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:13:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In all honesty CBS should have just liceyAxanar or cut a deal. The 20 minute prelude was more interesting than the last movie they vomited up.

Oh and for more irony... their STD is likely the reason why they were so against Axanar. Well they’ve been sued for copyright infringement. Apparently they stole their plot, characters, and time travel spore things from a video game. The game hasn’t yet been released but was posted about extensively on steam long before STD came about.

I guess it’s another day of “do as I say not as I do” for Star Trek.
View Quote
Really?  What game?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep, life long Trekkie here who joined the kickstarted campaign to fund this.  I've been boycotting Star Trek since the ruling.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Meh, they fucked up the casting.

Kurn and Martok as Federation Admirals and some weak ass nobody as the big bad evil Klingon General
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It was announced recently that Axanar will continue within the new fan film guidelines CBS set up.  It won't be what it should have been in terms of length, but the project is not desd.
View Quote
IIRC, it’ll be a pair of 15min episodes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IIRC, it’ll be a pair of 15min episodes.
View Quote
That is correct.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Meh, they fucked up the casting.

Kurn and Martok as Federation Admirals and some weak ass nobody as the big bad evil Klingon General
View Quote
That weak ass nobody was Richard Hatch, AKA "Apollo" from the original Battlestar Galactica and Tom Zaric from the reboot BSG.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That weak ass nobody was Richard Hatch, AKA "Apollo" from the original Battlestar Galactica and Tom Zaric from the reboot BSG.
View Quote
He's no bad ass Klingon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He's no bad ass Klingon.
View Quote
Well, you don’t have to worry about him being in it anyways.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#17]
It's dead Jim......

I gave them a donation was very disappointed by the outcome.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He's no bad ass Klingon.
View Quote
Agreed, I wasn't disagreeing with the casting assessment, only that he was a "nobody".  He could have been cast much better as a Federation type, politician or some such.  But as Moose pointed out below, He's dead Jim.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's dead Jim......

I gave them a donation was very disappointed by the outcome.
View Quote
No, they’re still working on it but instead of a full length feature it’ll be within the guidelines set by CBS. Which is 2 15min episodes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He's no bad ass Klingon.
View Quote
A soft spoken, thoughtful Klingon is scarier than a blustering scream and leap one.  General Chang (Christopher Plummer in Undiscovered Country) was downright spooky.

Chang/Plummer fans may recall that he appeared extensively in the Klingon Academy game as the academy's lead instructor, essentially the Klingon Sun Tzu.  You'd be crazy to voluntarily mess with him.

Sample, "The Heart of Virtue":
Klingon Primer: Heart of Virtue

The whole enchilada, if you've got a couple hours to spare:
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A soft spoken, thoughtful Klingon is scarier than a blustering scream and leap one.  General Chang (Christopher Plummer in Undiscovered Country) was downright spooky.

Chang/Plummer fans may recall that he appeared extensively in the Klingon Academy game as the academy's lead instructor, essentially the Klingon Sun Tzu.  You'd be crazy to voluntarily mess with him.

Sample, "The Heart of Virtue":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni9ky1ewqiY

The whole enchilada, if you've got a couple hours to spare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVlSNP1jEI
View Quote
Christopher Plummer as Chang is probably the best bad guy in all Star Trek, better than Kahn IMHO. Quite possibly one of my favorite characters and who should have gotten to star in more than just STVI.

Klingon Academy was an awesome game. I remember I got it when it came out. 6 whole CDs, a huge game in 2000. Excellent production value and probably the best ST game I've played. Still have it but haven't played it in God knows how long.

I distinctly remember one part of the game (probably somewhere in that video) where you go up against a much larger ship which, once you damage it sufficiently, it runs away and is impossible to catch up with. Well, I not only caught up with it but I destroyed it! It took more than a few attempts but I just knew it had to be able to be done. At the start of the engagement, I dumped all my weapons into its engines straight off so it couldn't run as I came in and rammed it full speed.  The ramming left my ship heavily damaged but it was enough to disable it and then finish it off. Despite that, it didn't change anything in the story since the game wasn't equipped to deal with it. That was a lot of fun beating the game at itself.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck CBS.

Glad The Orville is coming back tonight
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Screw cbs and their STD.

Axanar is real trek
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:55:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck CBS.

Glad The Orville is coming back tonight
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:46:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Orville is finally back?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Orville is finally back?
View Quote
Tonight

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Really?  What game?
View Quote
Tardigrades

Nerdrotic had an update on the lawsuit last month.

Anas-tronaut - looks to be the game developer
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Axanar Update

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top