Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 7:58:52 PM EDT
[rant on]   Just watched part of a special on sci fi channel about the new Battlestar Galactica...and I am FRIGGIN bummed!  NO silver robotic cylon centurions in the new miniseries!!!!  Anyone else bummed over this?  The silver bad guys and the colonial vipers were the two best aspects of the original series.  Instead the cylons are humanoid androids created by humans...WTF?  Starbuck is a chick?  Boomer is an asian chick.  Hate hate hate.  Anger rising...  [rant off]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. Why would they do that? I loved that show.

Latest FHM or Maxim I forget has one of the ladies who plays an evil robot or something. She was hot!!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah i think it sucks also. They also turned almost all the guy characters into chicks. Starbuck was your typical womanizing swashbuckler type dude now its a bitchy girl who looks like she has pms 24/7. The Cylons where cool they where scary inhuman evil etc.. Now they look just like people. This brings to mind the list of movies/books butchered. Scifi's remake of dune sucked, scifi's Babylon 5 The Rangers movie sucked.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Anger...rising...again...must...control...rage
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
[red][b][size=6]WARNING NERD ALERT!!!![/red][/b][/size=6]

[;)]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
sgtar15 is probably just not in the right
age group.[:D]
i was in 5th grade when it came out. i would always get in trouble for drawing pictures
of vipers and cylons in class. too bad about
the movie.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the same thing! That was kinda' the whole idea of the original show...A Man vs. Machine kind of thing. They could have at least made some of the Cylons the "Old style" ans some the "New style".

Don't even get Me started on the Starbuck thing!

Damn PC B#llshit!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it looks like it'll be a rag-tag fugitive piece of shit.  Such a pity.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Just saw a commercial on sci fi.  They said there are several "versions" of cylons and they showed a couple of badass robotic ones... pretty tough!  I concede partial redemption from my original wrath.  However, Starbuk... don't wanna talk about it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I absolutely refuse to watch that POS.

Everyone who’s a fan of BG has known for months that this was going to be a turkey of epic proportions.

All they kept was the names and the fact that it’s set in space.  Other than that they decided to give it “a fresh re-interpretation”.  [B]BULLSHIT!![/B]  There was nothing wrong with the original story.

They also slammed the door, HARD, on Richard Hatch when he tried to get involved in the new project.  Damn shame since he’s been a driving force in keeping the series alive with several books and support of the fan base.

You KNOW it’s going to be bad when the leading actor (Edward James Olmos) comes out in a press conference held by Sci-Fi Channel and tells everyone point blank if they were fans of the original series NOT TO WATCH THE NEW ONE, THAT THEY’LL HATE IT.

Well, at least the original is on DVD finally.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Maxim magazine and yes SHE IS HOT!!!!   [sex]

I agree, they should offer up some sort of explanation, as that was the whole deal (almost) fighting the chome boys with the red lights for eyes...

kinda like the ST:TNG episode where the crew hooks up with the original ST crew..  Klingons back then look nothing like the ones we have grown to love via TNG/DS9.  and the only thing Worf would say (IIRC) was "you don't want to know" (~)  [rolleyes]

oops, let a little too much nerd out there, sorry!   [:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top