Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 12:22:51 PM EDT
I wrote this to some of my disagreeing friends, how'd I do?

SNIP:

"(TWOT) is on a Biblical proportion and cannot be solved by curbing their hatred.  Their beliefs, their faith would have to be changed.  How likely is it that your faith would be changed?  How many of you who are Christians would turn against Jesus?"

Terrorists are the immediate threat right now, unless of course you believe 9/11 was planned by the government, in which case you need to buy a tinfoil hat and believe in the Majestic 12, because that must mean that the 5 or 6 major terrorists attacks during the Clinton regime must have been the government too,
which means it would have to be a black government always behind the scenes... oooOOoOOoo spooky.

What some people fail to understand, and I was
discussing this with a British citizen Monday, there are religious nuts in this world who have no inkling in their hearts at all to make peace with the United States or the rest of the non-Islamic world.  It is part of their religion to fight us.  Would those of you who are Christian die for Jesus?  These people believe in dying to destroy us in the name of Allah, in the same way some Christians would die for Christ.

Keep in mind, terrorism is not in the teachings of Islam. Islam in itself is a peaceful religion, but was easily converted into extremism over the years, and now we have millions who have it embedded deep within
their faith.

"If you ignore the problem, it will not go away, and you can not win a war by defensive measures only."

We are at war my friends. The enemy will strike again.

What others fail to realize in the US and abroad, is that it isn't a choice of disliking between us and them, like the mistake we are making with Cuba for example, which I believe Bush (as well as the previous Presidents) should have began trade and peace with
Cuba, but the fight against terrorists is one on a Biblical proportion, which comes down to Isalm extremists vs. everyone else, and they number in the millions.  

Which goes into our support of Israel.  For many many reasons, Israel is one of our greatest allies and should not be turned down in favor of those terrorists who took the lives of ours sons & daughters.

These extremists do not want peace with Israel.  Some Palestinians yes, but we are not at war with Palestine.  

So it is either we support Israel, support terrorists and convert to Islam, or support neither.  Those are our only choices in this matter. They will not go away.

The many terrorists attacks over the past 2 decades (culminating in the largest on 9/11) were not a sign that we should back down and abandon Israel, they were a sign that we are doing the right thing in supporting
Israel.  I find it sad that some Americans believe we should now turn tail and run and fighting this war is the wrong thing to do.

I'm not talking about Iraq, I'm talking about the war against terrorists, but I find most of these people have only looked on the surface of the problem and believe something else "should just be done."

However, you have to look deeper than a simple... "war is bad. Killing is bad. Let's make peace."  

Thinking like that will lead to the deaths of
thousands if not millions in this country, I promise you. If everyone felt this way, yes, it would work, but they don't.  This world is not ideal.  Everyone does not want peace and wish to live co-peacefully with Christians & Extremists side by side.  This war is
unavoidable.

You have to understand the whole reasoning behind these attacks, and you have to realize what is going on in the faith of our enemy.

It is on a Biblical proportion and cannot be solved by curbing their hatred.  Their beliefs, their faith would have to be changed.  How likely is it that your faith would be changed?  How many of you Christians would turn against Jesus?  That is what would have to
happen to find a solution that many are pushing for.  Their faith must be changed, and that isn't going to happen on a world-wide scale anymore than the entire US becoming Muslim.

We aren't going to witness to them by being nice and have the entire world come to Christ or change their faith.  We aren't going to send missionaries to all the terrorists camps because they would be hacked to death, and the ONLY way of avoiding this war is to convert the entire world of Islamic extremism to something other than what their faith is now.

If you have a solution for that, I'm ready to hear it.

Extremists will never like us or the rest of the
world, no matter how much food or medicine or freedom we throw at them.  They have basked in freedom for a long time, and that got us all the way to 9/11.  

There is no backing down.  There is no peace, and the American people need to be behind the initiative to protect this country and our citizens IMO.  

You cannot protect through defensive measures alone. You cannot hope that if we simply were nice to them, and brought all our military back, that they would like us... ever.  

Not unless the entire face of Islamic extremism was changed. PERIOD.

Rest assured nothing we do is going to change
something that began on a Biblical scale years and years ago.  If anyone believes this, they need to read up on the Qu'ran some and how the people got from the teachings of the Qu'ran (which are not inheriantly evil) to the extremist beliefs they have now.

Believe me, their hate will not be curbed, but our lives and freedom will be by our inaction.

Some don't realize that extremists are not just in the Middle East, but the hatred stretches from Africa, to Europe, to the Middle East, to Chechnya, & to the Philippines, etc. in great great #'s.

The enemy is among us, they have been in this city, and they do not care what anyone has to say, unless it is you saying you will fight the evil Christians as well as the United States and die for Allah.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

That is why we must not back down.  Not on this
continent, and not on another.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey! Great post/Letter!

I think that it will fall on deaf ears though', for the most part. I have found that the "D.U.'ers" and the others who insist that the U.S. (or Bush) is the "Great Evil", simply >WILL NOT< be swayed by hearing the facts. You or I could put it in front of Them, in black & white, and Their "world view" wouldn't let them see it for what it was. I agree that barring an "alien brain washing" gun falling into Our hands, I think They will stay the way that They are. Babbling along in Their happy little "One World" dreams, till another 9/11 or worse happens. Its a sad statement of Our country's Future.

Anyway, As I said. Great Post!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately I totally agree with ya shadow, but I gotta try ya know.  Some are less liberal than others, so for them I hope it may help their leaning to the logical side, but others, like my aspiring director friend, I know it will just go in one ear & out the other.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Its no surpirse that Iraq is the easiest Arabic/islamic country to change.  Iran?  Islamic revolution 1979.  Saudi Arabia?  Birthplace of Islam and home of Wahabbism.  Pakistan.  Second to only Saudi Arabia.  Malayasia.  Difficult terrain.  

Instead of using India, Turkey, minor Arab states (Oman, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain) as staging points, conquering a rogue state like Iraq makes for sure footing to eliminate fundamental Islamic terror from the world.  

And to the people who think Christanity and the Crusades are the start to this, you are lying to yourself.  The Crusades were RESPONSE to the Islamic invasions of Europe.  Vlad the Impaler didn't stray far from Translyvania to pike the Islamic warriors.  He prevented the invasion.

Its now Iraq and Afghanistan.  Tomorrow its Iran then Pakistan.  Then Malayasia and the Phillipines.  We will keep Saudi Arabia isolated as not to assault Islam's birthplace.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top