Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 12:48:07 PM EDT
www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/24/dixiechicks.ap/index.html

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines, whose criticism of President Bush last spring led to boycotts of the group's music, still has a lot to say about the war in Iraq.

"I think people were misled and I think people are fighting a war that they didn't know they were going to be fighting," Maines said Friday on NBC's "Today" show. "And I think they were misled by people who should have been asking questions and weren't."

The country stars faced criticism and even death threats after Maines said she and her bandmates were ashamed that President Bush was from Texas. She made the remark in London shortly before the war began.

Though Maines apologized for the phrasing of her remark, some radio stations banned the group's music. The group also received death threats in the wake of Maines' comments.

Maines said Friday she did not feel vindicated by how the war has unfolded: "I would have liked to have been proven wrong."

The band's recent concert tour was one of the year's most successful, but Maines said it is too early to predict the long-term fallout.

As for the backlash, she said, "We like making music and we'll continue to do that whether people buy it or not."

The Dixie Chicks on Friday released, "Top Of The World Tour Live," their double CD set and DVD.

I wasn't misled.  Anybody here think they were misled?
I am so glad someone can think for me and everyone else.  "Celebrities, is their anything they don't know?"  (H. Simpson)

Bilster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top