Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
So far this week it was 1)Echoes of Battle: The Atlanta Campaign, 2) Sgt. Roger Lamb's (23rd Royal Welch Fusilier) account of the American Revolution, 3)Cooper's In and Out of Rebel Prisons and am presently reading Kidd's Personal Recollections of a Cavalryman.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Seven Roads To Hell. ABout the 101st in Bastogne.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Just finished "Master and Commander, The Far Side of the World" by O'Brian and started reading "The Eve of Destruction" by Howard Blum, about the Yom Kippur War.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
About halfway through 4 different books right now:

"Marine Sniper Part II: Silent Warrior" It's the second book about sniper Carlos Hatchcock and his heroism in Vietnam.

"The Ultimate in Rifle Accuracy" by Glenn Newick.  It's a little paperback I picked up last time I was at Wally World.

"The Book of the Rifle" by Carmichael  An old huge hard cover book that was a gift, I just started getting into it.  More of a history on the rifle than anything else.

"Hating Whitey, and other Progressive Causes"  A book that caught my eye at the library.

I have a hard time reading one book all the way through so I pick a few and read them all a little here and there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Red Thunder Tropic Lightning The World of a Combat Division in Vietnam by: Eric M. Bergerud
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Drudge
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
SS: The Secret Archives, Eastern Front by Ian Baxter

unbelievable that ANYONE survived those conditions in the winter battles. I believe it was a damn good thing that everyone knew Patton was crazy. (in reguard to his "give me the fuel and I will go to Moscow" legend) The last book I read, Terrible Terry Allen by Gerald Astor didnt reinforce the "Patton Legend" in the least bit either.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Great list, guys. Thanks.

Many of these are going on my To Buy list.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#9]
The Way of a Ship: A Square-Rigger Voyage in the Age of Sail by Derek Lundy
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#10]
The wizard and the glass: Stephen King
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm reading Charlie Rangers a great book about Army Ranger hunter/killer teams in Vietnam.  I especially like the part where one of the authors gets a distressed letter from his girlfriend regarding the killings at Kent State and he writes her back saying he wished the Ohio National Guard had M60s instead of M1s !
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged

What do ya think of it so far?
My recents:
Electrician's Pocket Manual by Paul Rosenberg
Get a Grip on Physics by John Gribben
It's not how good you are, It's how good you want to be by Paul Arden

It's good!  You can take the names and deeds, and EASILY fill them with your own lifes experiences and people who you have met.

But GOOD LORD, Rand can BEAT a dead horse!

Would you write down the progression of what the question 'Who is John Galt?" represents.  It changes slightly everytime it is asked.  I didn't do that when I read it, and now I wish I had.

What kind of sick minded bastard are you?  I HATED doing book reports in school, and to be quite honest, I am pathetic when it comes to discovering the "hidden" metaphor.  I watched The Matrix 3 or 4 times, but NEVER saw the parallels between that story and the story of Jesus until it was pointed out to me.

I guess my skull is too thick to see the forrest for the trees.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged

What do ya think of it so far?
My recents:
Electrician's Pocket Manual by Paul Rosenberg
Get a Grip on Physics by John Gribben
It's not how good you are, It's how good you want to be by Paul Arden

It's good!  You can take the names and deeds, and EASILY fill them with your own lifes experiences and people who you have met.

But GOOD LORD, Rand can BEAT a dead horse!

Would you write down the progression of what the question 'Who is John Galt?" represents.  It changes slightly everytime it is asked.  I didn't do that when I read it, and now I wish I had.

What kind of sick minded bastard are you?  I HATED doing book reports in school, and to be quite honest, I am pathetic when it comes to discovering the "hidden" metaphor.  I watched The Matrix 3 or 4 times, but NEVER saw the parallels between that story and the story of Jesus until it was pointed out to me.

I guess my skull is too thick to see the forrest for the trees.

Fortunately, with Rand, there is no hidden anything
Rand explains what it means each time it is asked, fortunately.
BTW, I'm like you on the Matrix.  I looked for the parallels, but I didn't see them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top