Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 1:32:57 AM EDT
I'm having a tough time finding a big (30# or more) plump turkey to buy in my area that's fresh not frozen.

Does someone know of a vendor online that ships?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep calling around locally.  And plan ahead next year.

Them monsters are that common anymore.  One of our local stores had a few last year but they were major change.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Do a search for a turkey grower.  I grew up on a turkey farm in Nebraska (yeah, not everybody raises cattle).  We raised open range birds and always set aside some toms to fatten up for special orders.  We supplied the Thanksgiving turkey for the governor.  We sold the majority of our birds whole to a major turkey supplier.  We also processed some ourselves and sold them fresh locally.  The same people would drive to our farm every year to get a fresh turkey.  Some times twice; Christmas and Thanksgiving.  Anyway do a internet search for turkey growers.  I am sure you will find some in California.  Pick out a bird and take it to your local butcher, unless you can dress it yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top