Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 4:46:58 AM EDT
Tax levys go down in defeat, the people who worked to get them on the ballot say --- the voters did not understand the ballot ------------ yes we did assholes no more taxes
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Down here in Alabama we were called far worse for defeating, by 64% to 36%, a tax measure in Sept.

Regards,

Merlin
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tax levys go down in defeat, the people who worked to get them on the ballot say --- the voters did not understand the ballot ------------ yes we did assholes no more taxes

You idiots,  you obviously didn't understand the part where you would keep more money in your pockets and less in the hands of the government.

Yes,  you subjects need more education,  back to reform school for you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#3]
goverment can't freakin stand it when we make them do stuff they don't agree with.

Talk about arrogance!!!!
Here in Pittsburgh...when you vote down a tax..they institute it anyway!!!!

They just ignore your vote.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#4]
When I retired my property tax was 800.00 a year, 3 years later it is now up to 1600.00 a year with no end in sight. On a fixed income, this sucks, let me tell you I am concerned about the future. A mill here, a mill there, sales tax increases, price of heating fuel,-------- I am not to bad off as I planned my retirement well, but for others older and less fortunate, they will be taxed into a bad situation and I will feel for them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Same here in Oregon, except, what the voters deny them, corrupt judges will give them in court!!

Feed the hogs a little less now, ya want them REAL hungry, for later....
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Arizona is rapidly becomming a cesspool of liberalism. Well, at least Maricopa County (Phoenix metro area) is!

The ASSHOLES voted in a healthcare package to keep a hospital open that has no money. We already pay taxes to cover that hospitals operating expences. But the FUCKERS that squander their money need more. They need more because of their over runs in costs. Here is the rub... this hospital runs 95% of indigent, homeless people who have no insurance. It also runs thousands of ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ALIENS thru the place. There is no danger of being deported any longer so if someone gets the sniffles, they go to the free hospital and clog up the Emergency Rooms !!! ALL FOR FREE !!!

Well not for free, we have paid once for their treatment and now we are going to pay for it again! The State will NOT give them any more money. The Feds will not give them any more money. So the ASSHOLES have dupped the FUCKING LIBERALS to vote for a new tax on property owners to fund this scam. Now appartmrnt residents won't have to pay for it. Appartment OWNERS won't have to pay for it as it effects private property owners,not commercial property owners. And who doesn't have any funds to buy a house? That's right, appartment people.

ASSHOLES!!!

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Arizona is rapidly becomming a cesspool of liberalism. Well, at least Maricopa County (Phoenix metro area) is!

The ASSHOLES voted in a healthcare package to keep a hospital open that has no money. We already pay taxes to cover that hospitals operating expences. But the FUCKERS that squander their money need more. They need more because of their over runs in costs. Here is the rub... this hospital runs 95% of indigent, homeless people who have no insurance. It also runs thousands of ILLEGAL CRIMINAL ALIENS thru the place. There is no danger of being deported any longer so if someone gets the sniffles, they go to the free hospital and clog up the Emergency Rooms !!! ALL FOR FREE !!!

Well not for free, we have paid once for their treatment and now we are going to pay for it again! The State will NOT give them any more money. The Feds will not give them any more money. So the ASSHOLES have dupped the FUCKING LIBERALS to vote for a new tax on property owners to fund this scam. Now appartmrnt residents won't have to pay for it. Appartment OWNERS won't have to pay for it as it effects private property owners,not commercial property owners. And who doesn't have any funds to buy a house? That's right, appartment people.

ASSHOLES!!!

Hell, I voted against it and I live in an apartment.

Yeah, I do have to agree.  The Kalifornian refugees are ruining this state.  We may well be like New mexico soon...

Mike
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Appartment OWNERS won't have to pay for it as it effects private property owners,not commercial property owners. And who doesn't have any funds to buy a house? That's right, appartment people.

ASSHOLES!!!

A purely informational question: why was the measure drafted to exclude commercial property? I mean, even owners of commercial property own homes? Whose votes were they courting with that odd exclusion?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
our taxes were 1500/yr 5 years ago
since then: 2 llevies whih cost me 500 /each and a new street in front of our house whi cost me 5000

our average yearly  tax now is 2500+  for the same services, same snow plows, same everything...

some local communities are now charging a "fee" for streetlights in their community...what the F next!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Schwarzenegger wants to Borrow;
Calif. Voters Face Spending Cap

Cheer up folks you could be stuck in "Cali-fornia." My property taxes have doubled in 18 years that I have been living in my house to $4,000/year. Laws mean nothing to the Dems, when Arnie leaves office, they will find a sympathic judge to declare the "spending cap" laws unconstitutional and resume their free spending anti-gun ways.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
goverment can't freakin stand it when we make them do stuff they don't agree with.

Talk about arrogance!!!!
Here in Pittsburgh...when you vote down a tax..they institute it anyway!!!!

They just ignore your vote.

Then they self distruct the citys credit rating while threatening to fire all the police, firemen & EMS workers (your city will burn! Chaos will reign!) but --fear not,Oh trembling flock!-- They can fix it all with one(more)teeney tiny tax increase ---oh and dont forget to pay for the PRIVLEDGE of working downtown if you commute!! uppity serf's.
Notice how NOT ONE city hall bureaucrat faced the axe under the new budget ???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top