Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 6:48:39 PM EDT
Does any one have information on this product? I am looking into getting a multi-purpose vest thatI can use with either my AR-15 or SAR-1.  I likethe looks of the traditional SA style in tan.  There seem to be a several different camo patterns available from many companies.  Does anyone have one?  Good intel on how they workout?  Thanks for the help.

Scorpion34 OUT!  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple of the original South African vests and they are comfortable and work well.  They don't have any way to attatch a pistol belt, which may be a requirement for you, but you could always just wear a pistol belt.  That way if you took the vest off, you'd still have a gun (and possibly a knife) on you always.  Fitting belt loops to one is a no-brainer as well.

The ones in cammo, etc. are knockoffs.  The durability and quality of the ones I've seen just don't equal the real thing IMO.  I'd rather have a used real one, than a new knock-off.  

Both of the ones I have (real SA) are built for 5.56mm mags.  AK mags don't fit to well.  You could do some modifying, but in the end you'd be beter off with something else for the AK.  M16 mags work great.  Some people have stated that theirs had slightly bigger mag poches that would accept FAL mags, but neither of mine do.  

Ross
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
they are on sale at LOADUP.com for $47.79
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
This is what is on their site add.

SADF South African Assault Vest M83 Genuine Kit
Field tested kit from the heat of the South Africa's grassy plains and bush! Black velcro. Fully steyr compatible, mud brown water resistant cordura with black mesh backing, super lightweight, rugged construction, fully adjustable sides and top. Just over 3 lbs., but still heavy duty. Six double ammo pouchs, 1 Utilily / ammo pouch, 2 Large size water bottle pouchs(SADF 2 litre size), 2 FFD pouchs, 2 back pouchs , 16 attachment accessory straps.

Condition: Used, good condition. Sometimes stains, pesonalized markings and/or sewing.

!!! Limited Quantities - Seasonal !!!

Two back pouches 8" x 4" x 3" and 10" x 4" x 3",
Two kidney pouches 10" x 7" x 3" and extension pockets,
Two waist pouches 6" x 5" x 3",
Four chest pouches 6" x 3" x 2"
7 1/2" wide waist girrdle.

List Price:   $129.99
Save 63%   -$82.2

Our Price:   $47.79

Quantity Remaining: In Stock
Qty:      

In Stock  

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Eric......The Hun,
For you and any other people that are interested I will do a report on the SADF M83 vest later this year after i have time to T&E it.  I have just ordered two of them from Load up.

I haven't heard of any one that has worked with Load up before so I will report on that experience also.

Scorpion34 OUT!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top