Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 4:25:47 AM EDT
I went to VMI long ago... just wondering if there is anybody else around here that had some experience with these fine schools that are constantly under attack these days...
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#1]
No, probably not, because they don't use computers...

Sorry for that bad joke, my boss, who is a Citadel graduate from 1961, was looking over my shoulder and told me to say that.  He is a firm believer that real men don't use computers.  Of course, he always comes to me when there's something he wants to find-out. ;)
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Scipio (Africanus?) did you know my old buddy Mark Flessner?  He was a VMI graduate who served with me in the Marines (As an enlisted man, believe it or not.)  He probably would have graduated around 1985.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Georgia Military Institute, Class of 2001, Hooah!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry Gus... I matriculated in '95... But Semper Fi anyway!  and yes, I did take my name from Publious Cornelious Scipio Africanus... History always forgets the winners and always remembers the lossers... Everybody knows who hannibal was, yet how many people have heard of Scipio?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Forest, I was there in 86-87, couldn't afford to keep going and had to finish at state school. Tried for scholarships, but not enough. Loved the Dog River Run! UVM babes in Burlington, good times w/ my Rook buddies. I think the Cadet Comm. at the time was Cedrik Long? Seems like a long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]
My name says it all.
God how I miss that place.

There are at least 2 other Cidgrads who USED to post at the "old" site, I myself did not get around to re registering until today.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#10]
hmmmm... I'm surprised that I'm the only former "Rat" lurking around ar15.com...
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't go to military school, but two of my old friends did. One was a wierdo named Willis Travers who graduated from VMI in 1977 and the other was a bad-ass MF named Greg Kopach who should have graduated the Citadel somewhere around 1980-82. I know he graduated, just not sure when. Don't know what ever happend to Kopach, but Travers is history, as in dead. And not with honor either.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Scipio,

I'm an '88 VMI alumnus.  I've been reading the boards for a while but never bothered to register until I saw your message.  Good to hear from another former cadet!

Regards,

Bill
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Great VMI88... Glad that you registered!  What company where you in?  I myself was Delta.  I'm in law school now and I've done some research on all of the litigation that has taken place since '96... it is really such a shame.  I heard there is a new lawsuit pending that is aiming towards stopping the tradition of saying prayer before meals.  Why can't the ACLU just leave us alone.  They must be so proud that they have destroyed 160 years of tradition.  The changes brought on by these suits have really changed the school for the worst... oh well, at least we still have our memories...
Semper Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top