Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 12:36:07 PM EDT
I bought a Coastal Gun suppressed upper from Clyde Wilson in Georgia about a month ago.  The Form 3 went through and it was delivered to my FFL Monday.  Now I'm waiting on the Form 4 to clear.  It's torture.  I at least got a chance to look at it up close- very, VERY nice.  Anyone ever fired one of these uppers?  Check Clyde's add out on the NFA board of [url]subguns.com[/url] under "SUPPRESSED UPPERS . . ."

Looks like I'm in hell for the next 60 to 90 days!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard his supressors, but Clyde seems to be a real good guy.  I bought a supressor and a STEn from him about 2years ago, but before the form 3 was done, I traded them off for another piece.  I've heard his stuff is very heavy though - steel construction and built like a tank.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Shaggy,

It is a little weighty, but not too bad.  I don't mind given the obvious toughness that goes along with the weight.

And you are right, Clyde is a great guy.  Check out his add, it has a pic of the upper.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Steve, you gotta keep us updated on it. I was thinking about getting one myself. I printed out his info a couple of weeks ago. I guess I will wait for a range report from you. They are nice looking units from the pics. I thought they would be on the heavy side but what the hey. We are talking fun factor here![:)]

Greg
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Greg,

No problem.  As soon as the Form 4 comes back, I'll post a LENGTHY range report with pics.  And the weight thing really is not that bad.  It's a flat top and feels really good given the short length (13 inches).

I also have a titanium .223 suppressor from STW coming and I'll report on that as well.  From what I hear, those things are awesome.

Steve
Top Top