Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/6/2018 12:16:08 AM EDT
Despite its independence, the Federal Reserve may quietly want a bear market that takes down a president that loves tweeting about the stock market.

Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital, told TheStreet the "[Janet] Yellen put" in the markets could expire under President Trump.

"I don't know if the Fed has much love for Trump," he said, adding that the Fed had the markets' back during the Obama Administration.

One black swan event Schiff sees is the notion of investors abandoning the euphoria over Trump's presidency, which helped fuel the stock market rally this year.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14309564/1/federal-reserve-system.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
He's full of Schiff.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Burn it down. All of it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
fed doesn't control the market, they may have the biggest oar in the water, but that ain't control. It's to big for them, which is saying something considering the FRB is the most powerful group in human history.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I did find the timing of their comments about inflation interesting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
A look back at Obama.

Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fed doesn't control the market, they may have the biggest oar in the water, but that ain't control. It's to big for them, which is saying something considering the FRB is the most powerful group in human history.
View Quote
No, but how many fortune 500 CEOs are committed leftists?

Since they have no issue with PC being job#1 ahead of profits, them pulling a coordinated devaluation to make the current POTUS look bad isn't too far of a stretch.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:03:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Rope is cheap. I'm guessing there are some really pissed off people today.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Since they have no issue with PC being job#1 ahead of profits, them pulling a coordinated devaluation to make the current POTUS look bad isn't too far of a stretch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Ain't like Soros ain't done it to other folks before either.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:19:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:No, but how many fortune 500 CEOs are committed leftists?

View Quote
Based on past behavior, I find it hard to believe that many CEOs are interested in massive stock market collapses. These guys own way more stock than 99.9999% of the people here will ever dream of. Could they be personal-finance suicide bombers? I guess, but out of the 500 I'd guess you're talking single digits. Most liberals talk a good game (Steve Jobs) and yet when it comes to their business they are often as ruthless/cutthroat as can be. I think the average leftist CEO looks at the current situation and a) does what is best for his company's stock price (because he/she owns a lot of that) and b) donates lots of $ to leftist politicians to make themselves feel better.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Trump should tell them that if the market doesn't go over 30K by the summer & stay there then he is going to publicly audit the Fed...
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Based on past behavior, I find it hard to believe that many CEOs are interested in massive stock market collapses. These guys own way more stock than 99.9999% of the people here will ever dream of. Could they be personal-finance suicide bombers? I guess, but out of the 500 I'd guess you're talking single digits. Most liberals talk a good game (Steve Jobs) and yet when it comes to their business they are often as ruthless/cutthroat as can be. I think the average leftist CEO looks at the current situation and a) does what is best for his company's stock price (because he/she owns a lot of that) and b) donates lots of $ to leftist politicians to make themselves feel better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:No, but how many fortune 500 CEOs are committed leftists?

I almost view it as thier own guilt somehow subconsciously getting the best of them. They subconsciously feel bad for the things they have done and are now somehow attempting to "atone" for it, as well as punish those they view as most like them.

My other thought is that its merely a naked attempt of trying to shift the glare of this monster from themselves and properties to someone else.

Of course when you are so rich, whats a couple hundred billion, sometimes it seems as if the Narrative even takes precedence over Profits.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:26:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Trump should tell them that if the market doesn't go over 30K by the summer & stay there then he is going to publicly audit the Fed...
View Quote
If he intends on doing that, it better be started and completed with utmost secrecy, those who have a negative relationship with Central Banking tend to have a high number of "accidents", "tragic events", "economic downturns" and "regime change".
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]
If such an insider-driven market collapse were to occur, it wouldn't be the CEOs doing it. Soros tanks other peoples stuff, not his own.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:If he intends on doing that, it better be started and completed with utmost secrecy, those who have a negative relationship with Central Banking tend to have a high number of "accidents", "tragic events", "economic downturns" and "regime change".
View Quote
yeah, I like Trump and stuff, but I have a feeling that he's no Andrew 'Old Hickory' Jackson when it comes to evading bankster assassins. AJs 'den of vipers' speech (if it ever actually happened) is probably the 'most savage' speech in American history.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:29:46 AM EDT
[#15]
The big question right now is what the Fed will do:  Continue with rate hikes or not.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#16]
So let me get this straight.

We've been having a record breaking market and when there's a little correction, all of a sudden its due to conspiracies and people wanting to bring down Trump? Bad market day after a bunch of records and people instantly panic and come up with this shit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We've been having a record breaking market and when there's a little correction, all of a sudden its due to conspiracies and people wanting to bring down Trump? Bad market day after a bunch of records and people instantly panic and come up with this shit.
View Quote
The Fed, like the judiciary, is not above politics.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its not like Federal Agencies haven't had a very hostile relationship with Trump, like spying on him or anything...

Its not like hes made no secret that he knows they are fucking with them.

Its not like International Fiance/Federal Reserve isn't the deepest of the deep state.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
yeah, I like Trump and stuff, but I have a feeling that he's no Andrew 'Old Hickory' Jackson when it comes to evading bankster assassins. AJs 'den of vipers' speech (if it ever actually happened) is probably the 'most savage' speech in American history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:If he intends on doing that, it better be started and completed with utmost secrecy, those who have a negative relationship with Central Banking tend to have a high number of "accidents", "tragic events", "economic downturns" and "regime change".
It doesn't matter if it was real or not, the sentiment is true.

It put it up there with Eisenhower's warnings about the Military Industrial Complex.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:35:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
No shit...  double digit gains are not sustainable....  the market has to contract even in a growing economy from time to time.

It is perfectly normal.

Hell this contraction is actually healthy.  10% drop would be a really good sign.

Some people....
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:42:07 AM EDT
[#21]
The fed has been talking about raising interest rates 3-4 times because inflation (in other words "Feelz"). Just mentioning that causes investors to shit themselves.

My gut feeling is that we have another good year.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#22]
i dunno if I'd call inflation 'feelz', it's real and it's happening right now. If by that you mean that the FRB is very....selective...in choosing when it should/shouldn't be concerned about inflation enough to do something to rates, then I feel ya.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The big question right now is what the Fed will do:  Continue with rate hikes or not.
View Quote
Slow .25% climbs.  The only reason they do this is so they can drop the interest rates.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 4:31:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Black swan?

OP, so the fed wants to have weird lesbian sex with the stock market?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Black swan?

OP, so the fed wants to have weird lesbian sex with the stock market?
View Quote
c'mon man, read a book or google it or something. Or get better jokes...or some emoticons. God, what a dumpster fire post. lol
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#26]
[ThatsRealRetardedSir.jpg]
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#27]
How Hussein kicked off his presidency vs how Trump kicked off his;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't fight the Fed.

Folks have no idea about the totally unnatural nature of "money".

Obama had a limitless punch bowl of "free" money throughout his presidency.

Who better to take the fall and get the blame for the hangover than a populist like Trump when the free money/booze must inevitably stop flowing?

The following was written when CNBC likely believed Hillary would be the next president.

12.3 trillion of QE for this? CNBC 2016

"The numbers are daunting if not shocking: $12.3 trillion of money printing, nearly $10 trillion in negative-yielding global bonds, 654 interest rate cuts since Lehman Brothers collapsed in 2008.

Those actions have resulted in global growth in advanced economies that likely won't eclipse 2 percent this year, inflation levels that remain well below targets and a burgeoning global debt problem that remains unresolved, withstood only through the lowest interest rates the world has seen in 5,000 years.

Put together, it all amounts to the "astonishing history investors are living through today," said Michael Hartnett, chief investment strategist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch who compiled the aforementioned statistics.

It's a history of anemic economic growth during the second-longest bull market for stocks. While banks have aggressively pushed quantitative easing along with zero and negative interest rate policies, the results have been uneven.

"The cocktail of QE, ZIRP and NIRP has been a potent one for Wall Street and the price of financial assets in the past eight years," Hartnett said in a report for clients, later adding, "And yet the bull market has waned in the past 18 months, there has been no 'normalization' of growth, rates and asset allocation, no 'Great Rotation,' and bonds and stocks have been trapped in a Twilight Zone of volatile trading."

That has come amid little growth despite all the accommodation."
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#29]
End the mutherfucking Fed!

Guarantee an audit of fed / US debt would make last weeks memo read like a fucking love letter.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Guarantee an audit of fed / US debt would make last weeks memo read like a fucking love letter.
View Quote
Trump tweet:

“You want to meet the banking families that own the FED? Well, America, we’re gonna meet the banking families that own the FED.”
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Trump tweet:

"You want to meet the banking families that own the FED? Well, America, we're gonna meet the banking families that own the FED."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump tweet:

"You want to meet the banking families that own the FED? Well, America, we're gonna meet the banking families that own the FED."
Don't want to meet them - unless it's to say hi and give the finger before pulling handle at the gallows.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#32]
If I came on here a month before trumps tweet about being wiretapped and said trump was being spied on, most here would've labeled me a kook.

NOTHING could shock me right now , and I wouldn't put it past "them" to tank the economy to get Trump out .
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#33]
They’re going to blame crypto currency for the Wall Street crash .

https://amp.ft.com/content/78bf5612-0b1a-11e8-839d-41ca06376bf2
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#34]
A recent article made the argument - sorry can't find it this morning - the market is at fair market value from post 2008.  Next ceiling is DOW 35,000.

I for one am expecting a retest of a floor at 23,400 then a retest of 22,000.  My reentry point will be about 23,900.

Expect these volatile days to shorten with program trading.  Corrections used to be months, then weeks.  Now it can be days and may well shorten even further with computer trading happening in micro-seconds.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Drudge headline says as much.

The Federal Reserve May Secretly Want to Sink the Record-Breaking Stock Market

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
We were considering all of this before he even got elected
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A recent article made the argument - sorry can't find it this morning - the market is at fair market value from post 2008.  Next ceiling is DOW 35,000.

I for one am expecting a retest of a floor at 23,400 then a retest of 22,000.  My reentry point will be about 23,900.

Expect these volatile days to shorten with program trading.  Corrections used to be months, then weeks.  Now it can be days and may well shorten even further with computer trading happening in micro-seconds.
View Quote
If GDP has been barely 2% since 08 - how does that support fair market value when stocks are apprx 233% higher than 08?

Economists are called gurus because Charlatan is hard to spell.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Congratulations!  Another really dumb thread!
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If GDP has been barely 2% since 08 - how does that support fair market value when stocks are apprx 233% higher than 08?

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Peter Schiff is a moron/fraudster.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey duck hunters- loon season is in full swing, so get busy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#44]
The bankers taking down the economy to manipulate the government?

Never happen!

Promise.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Rope is cheap. I'm guessing there are some really pissed off people today.
View Quote
The most dangerous animal is a man with nothing to lose...

TC
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Ideology remains a major factor, even at the highest level of finance.

The man behind the curtain will not be as nice to the mean old white guy as he was to the skinny, nice black boy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or nationalize it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#48]
This is a great strategy. Fuck with the money of the citizenry for political gain. What can go wrong?
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Deep state thread
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm not saying I believe this, but it could be something more than normal correction.

How much proof do we need of meddling with the American institutions in order to undermine the will of the people? It's happening in front of us so you cannot rule it out. It is probably just a simple correction however...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top