Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 10:03:26 AM EDT
Breaking news on the radio.  Police just subdued a man that stabbed multiple students at an Alaska school.  No fatalities.

Good thing a gun wasn't used.  I'm sure the victims are much happier it was a knife.

I'll try and find a news report.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
No one will ever hear of this because it was a knife, and no one has an agenda to rid us of our knives.(but probably someday)
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#2]
What happened to the good old days when you brought a length of chain or a baseball bat?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What happened to the good old days when you brought a length of chain or a baseball bat?
View Quote

Or even a good ol fashioned bare fist fight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
This place is in the middle of the worst Anchorage ghetto.  

I had a friend who lived a quarter mile away.  She was not too concerned that the crack house was two houses away and not in her apartment building.  Dumb B****.

I used to work at the furniture store 300 yards down the street.  You knew when welfare checks were out, because there was a long line waiting for the liquor store to open.  

When I worked outside, it got old turning down skanky hookers and hot merchandise.  What a disgusting place. We need another earthquake to clean out this slum like the last earthquake did.      
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
At school we used to use broken beer bottles and gash it out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Where was it pogo Mt. View?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Rosie will want to ban all knives now and thwo anybody in jail that has one....
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Ban knives now....DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Cleatus,
Some of us are knife and gun nuts, and people are already trying to ban them. Check out CA knife laws and see what you think.  
What happened to the good old days when you busted their nose with your elbow [}:D]
Ice
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.wral-tv.com/news/national/ChildrenStabbed_________=TOPAP.html

Four Children Stabbed at Anchorage Elementary School
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- A man who rambled and said ``stuff that made no sense'' stabbed four children at an elementary school Monday before he was subdued by police, authorities and witnesses said.

The children were stabbed in the neck, but their injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, Anchorage Police Department spokesman Ron McGee said. The victims were rushed to two hospitals.

The stabbing happened shortly before classes were to begin at Mountain View Elementary School. McGee said about 20 pupils witnessed the attack.

Police shot the suspect, described as a man in his 30s, with three rubber bullets and took him into custody inside the school. He was also taken the hospital for treatment of the bullet wounds.

Randy Smith, chairman of the local community patrol, was among the first to arrive on the scene. He found the suspect in a classroom with a teacher and an injured boy.

``He was threatening everybody. He came towards us a couple of times. We kept him from getting out of the classroom,'' Smith said. ``He was rambling and saying religious stuff, stuff that made no sense.''

The man had broken a window on a classroom door and had thrown desks into the hallway, Smith said. ``There was glass everywhere. The kid was crying on the floor. It was pretty confusing,'' Smith said.

Pupil Ashley Smith, 11, said her brothers Billy Moy, 8, and Eric Moy, 9, were both cut on the throats while waiting in the cafeteria line for breakfast. ``This man, something was wrong with him. He was on drugs or something,'' she said. Her grandfather, Keith Leonard, said both boys underwent surgery and were doing well.

After the attack, the pupils other than those who witnessed the stabbings were bused to nearby Tyson Elementary School, where school officials planned to conduct a head count and then release the youngsters to their parents.

Evette Carmack rushed to the school from her job at Alaska Regional Medical Center, still dressed in green scrubs. She has two children at the school, fifth-grader Christopher and second-grader Jasmine.

``I came from Chicago to get away from all this,'' Carmack said. ``To get a better life for my kids.''

At least one of the students ran bleeding into the school, McGee said.

``There's blood all over the school, a lot of blood all over the hallway,'' he said.

By MAUREEN CLARK, Associated Press Writer

Copyright ©2001 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Figures it was Mt. View.

Sounds like APD took care of business well.

Hunter out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top