Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2001 2:30:20 PM EDT
The winner ran it in the same time as Secretariat... I still have a stupid grin on my face!  [:D]

BTW, this is morally confounding for me because from a horseman's standpoint I don't like the industry and racing horses that young but I still get excited over it... go figure.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The official time was slightly slower than Secretariat's, but an amazing run nonetheless.  My grin would be a lot wider, if I had picked Monarchos to win. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
SORRY I MISSED IT
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah.. my family's in Louisville so my uncle emailed me yesterday to see who I wanted to put money on.  He was going for Balto Star because he was trained by a friend of the family.  It's always a crap shoot. [:D]

I visit the Kentucky State Horse Park almost every year to see Secretariat's grave and to say hi to John Henry.  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I gave into the hoopla on Point Given, he is an amazing looking horse, but I guess today just wasn't meant to be... Maybe I cursed him, my picks never seem to win, oh well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't see the race, but I will make a mint julep with the Maker's Mark I still have left.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Awww... Point Given is gorgeous... and he's 17 HANDS!!  If he wasn't going into syndication and being put out to stud at the end of his career I bet he would be amazing over fences and in dressage.  [:D]

As for mint juleps.. dang but they are the nastiest drinks on the face of the planet!  When I worked in Louisville at a hotel we gave out free mint juleps on Derby Day (so of course we were "sampling" the batch to make sure it wasn't tainted).  [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you just see the Kentucky Derby?
View Quote

Oh of course I did!!!

I sat there with a beer going "whoooohooooooYEAAAHHHHH!!!"

And then I did a back flip and thanked my lucky stars I could actually part of a world that let me witness such exciting miracles.

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Sarcasm duly noted, Frank.... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I used Emiril's mint julep recipe and it turned out ok.

Top Top