Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 3:58:58 PM EDT
I don't mind actually preparing a meal, but all too often it's just easier to throw a frozen pizza or something similar in the oven and set the timer. Sure, there's a lot of stuff out there, but most is just as bad for you.

What other options are there for something that won't kill me slowly or give me the beetus?

I want to eat a little heather, and while we're being honest, it couldn't hurt for me to drop a few pounds either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I don't mind actually preparing a meal, but all too often it's just easier to throw a frozen pizza or something similar in the oven and set the timer. Sure, there's a lot of stuff out there, but most is just as bad for you.

What other options are there for something that won't kill me slowly or give me the beetus?

I want to eat a little heather, and while we're being honest, it couldn't hurt for me to drop a few pounds either.
View Quote

Kale smoothies. Salad. Crock Pot meals.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
dont eat
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a hot rotisserie chicken from the store and throw a steamer bag of veggies in the microwave.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
lemonade with roasted lemon pepper chicken and asparagus/green veg of choice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
My favorite week night meal is grilled teriyaki chicken thighs with steamed rice and broccoli.  

Marinade in good Asian teriyaki, not that cheap shit, for 24 hours.  I clean up all the fat and nasty looking stuff before I marinade.

When I get home from work, all I have to do is light the grill, put rice in the cooker, and once it starts cooking, throw broccoli in the steam basket.  

The only thing I keep in mind is chicken thighs are really only good when you grill them on a very hot grill.  They need to be charred, but not dry.

It probably takes 30 minutes of actual work.  

Other good week night meals are pretty much any good meat for the grill and potatoes in the oven.  The rice cooker also goes a long way since you can steam vegetables at the same time.

There are a ton of recipes online that you prepare and freeze on Sunday and cook throughout the week.  Some you just drop the frozen chunk of food in the crock pot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Hard boiled eggs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Meat.
Cheese.
 Tuna from can.
Almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts.....
 Beef jerky.
 Beer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
This is what you seek.  Also margaritas.   Fresh fruit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Bacon
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get a hot rotisserie chicken from the store and throw a steamer bag of veggies in the microwave.
View Quote
Amazingly the hot rotisserie chicken at my local Kroger is cheaper than most frozen friers.

Shred one and add it to a salad. Enough chicken for the week's worth of lunches.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Last night we had one of our "back yard meals".  It is basically anything we grow or produce in the backyard:

Eggs (from our chickens)
Bacon (from our pig - bless his heart, he is delicious)
Squash, onions, garlic, peppers, beans, red potatoes, tomatoes (aka: garden dump)
Corn on the cob

It was a pretty damned good meal.  I would like to think it was healthy too since we grew all of it.  The paleo folks will probably find fault with it though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I grab a bag of frozen fish fillets, individually wrapped from BJ's. Quick pan fry, poached or even steamed in microwave with veggies. Done in a few minutes
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have nothing against crock pots but kale and salads? Why even bother eating anything?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excellent advice.  Especially since I came to post the same thing.

Add tossed salad to the above, go easy on the salad dressing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Pan fried salmon, rice, frozen veggie of your choice, and a side garden salad is pretty healthy and can tossed together in about 20 minutes (half that time if you already have leftover rice).
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Lean Cusine has a bunch of tasty meals at around 300 calories.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Cut up a big chicken breast, fry it in it's own juice, when it's about 90% done, add sriracha sauce, stir, then dump in some frozen 'stir fry veggies' and cook until they are heated up....serve. Tastes great, it's relatively cheap, and it's fast. You can also put this on top of some brown rice if you want to go through the trouble of making rice...but I prefer to go the caveman diet route and just have meat/veggies and a sauce.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]
My 15 minute dinner tonight.
Salmon, rice, peas, dinner roll - washed down with some rye whisky on rocks.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top