Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 4:24:57 PM EDT
Needed to do some painting and was using a Graco LTS 15.  We finished and started clean up.  Somehow (I'll take the blame) the spray painter was hooked up to the water hose (didn't know that it would attached to where the strainer attaches) and it was turned on to "clean it out".

It now is leaking water from inside the unit itself (the blue housing).  Anyone have any experience with this type of painter and if so did we completely mess it up? Is it fixable and if so what am I looking at to fix it? 

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably gonna need a seal kit to rebuild it...

Was this a rental unit?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably gonna need a seal kit to rebuild it...

Was this a rental unit?
View Quote
No sir! But it is not mine and I don't have the money to replace it.  

Wonder what a seal kit would cost?  Off to Bing it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
HERE OP

Control/Circuit Board Kit17L104

Inlet Strainer257002

Inlet Valve Kit16E844

O-Ring Kit24Y331

On/Off Switch Kit24Y329

Outlet Valve Kit16E845

Pressure Control Switch Kit244267

Prime Valve Repair Kit235014

PushPrime Kit17L086

Suction Hose Kit24V074
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
$110
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Besides the damage how is the pump?  I was looking to pick one up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
$110
View Quote
Sometimes mistakes(stupid) costs money.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pumps fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
This is why i never borrow anything i can't afford to replace with one paycheck. Cause that's all I'm willing to lose on somebody else's stuff.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HERE OP
View Quote
Thanks.  That is not as bad as I thought but I'm just not certain I can do that kind of a repair since my stroke.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pumps fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pumps fine.
It did before anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Whatever you end up doing, don't let paint dry inside the thing... even if it means opening it all up to clean it. Letting an airless sit with paint in it causes all sorts of issues. I used to work in a rental shop, and airless sprayers were one of the things we rented, and often were a big headache when not cleaned correctly. I'd start by tearing it down and cleaning everything.

Were you shooting water based paint, or something else?

I don't have any other specific advice, but unless you somehow ruined the motor, it's probably salvageable. I didn't watch it, but one of the links above has a youtube showing a Graco rebuild.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is why i never borrow anything i can't afford to replace with one paycheck. Cause that's all I'm willing to lose on somebody else's stuff.
View Quote
I don't borrow unless it is from family and rarely  This is the church's spray painter but I am responsible for it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#14]
When I was a kid, I mowed lawns for money...Was the richest kid in the neighborhood.

This guy from church wanted me to mow his grass while he was vacay. He lived across town, so he said I could use his mower.

Sweet....easy $75. Didn't even have to pay Dad for mower rental or logistics....all the money was to be mine!!

Well, to make a long story short, I was using the customer's mower and smashed into a tree. Broke the front grill and headlight.

I was a familiar face at the small engine repair shop, and used my connections to have the new parts shipped directly from Bolens in time that the repairs would be complete before the customer arrived home.

Needless to say, I told the customer what I had done, showed him the repairs, and learned valuable lessons.

It could ALWAYS be worse!

Suck it up, buttercup!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#15]
We were using Zinsser Primer.  I did manage to get it washed out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#16]
It is a drip more than a gushing leak
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top